DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Twin Storms Laura and Marco heading for Gulf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have got plenty of beers, 2 fully fuelled cars, and a gun. I think that qualifies as prepared for Texas..... Seriously, thanks for your concerns. I will keep this thread updated until bed time!

Try Croatia Instead.  You'll only need 20 days annual leave for a fortnight holiday.. 

Hello chaps. I'm located in the woodlands,  directly to the North of Houston. See my map. As @Vendetta has posted, the storm is hitting west of me, on the state line between Texas and Louisiana.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Popuplights said:

Yeah, I know!! I am actually in the woodlands, with is about 30 miles north of downtown Houston, so no risk of storm surge flooding, bit evacuation orders are coming in for coastal areas around Galveston. 

I will keep you posted

Good man. Pictures or it didn’t happen! 

Looks like Laura might impact oil price briefly as rigs shut down etc - probably not as accounts for only a small amount of supply - but lots of refining goes on there - so might impact refined product prices? (The Oct 87’ U.K. storm was a ‘portent’ for the Great Crash and Black Monday). 

Stay safe dude! 

Edited by Vendetta
7 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Looks like Laura might impact oil price briefly as rigs shut down etc - probably not as accounts for only a small amount of supply - but lots of refining goes in there - so might impact refined product prices? (The Oct 87’ U.K. storm was a ‘portent’ for the Great Crash and Black Monday). 

I am guessing you have forgotten what industry  @Popuplights works in!

56 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

(The Oct 87’ U.K. storm was a ‘portent’ for the Great Crash and Black Monday). 

You are old Mother Shipton. AICMFP

57 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

(The Oct 87’ U.K. storm was a ‘portent’ for the Great Crash and Black Monday). 

You are old Mother Shipton. AICMFP

On 21/08/2020 at 16:58, Vendetta said:

You are at serious risk of being branded a Jonah. I expect reports of unprecedented utter destruction and devastation.  xD

Only jesting......I thank you for posting the possible pandemic thread at the start of the year......helped me prepare etc. I’m not making light of any personal devastation in life crises with my attempt at a joke, it’s just I have to try to lighten the mood of humanity’s general affairs.

4 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Looks like Laura might impact oil price briefly as rigs shut down etc - probably not as accounts for only a small amount of supply - but lots of refining goes on there - so might impact refined product prices? (The Oct 87’ U.K. storm was a ‘portent’ for the Great Crash and Black Monday). 

Stay safe dude! 

The price of ethylene and polyethylene will be affected, but not so as the man in the street would notice. 

Edited by Roger_Mellie