DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

this has fallen off car

Question

thing.thumb.jpg.3831956a232ffcab5d886afa8b9e24d8.jpg

Found this on the drive, and it has a BMW propeller symbol on it, but no part number because it seems to have been eaten away. Where could it have fallen off from? Car also on drive is 5-series with M54 engine. Best idea I've had to-date is the vent from the battery compartment in the boot to behind the skirt, but that looks slightly different, being more louvred.

7 answers to this question

Vaguely recollect seeing something like that years ago, under the rear of a car  (I think), looks like it has come loose and been rubbing on something before it fell off.

If you reverse park on the drive check the rear end of the cars, if you have to use full lock to park check the front.

Surprised it dropped off on the drive though with the dynamics of driving.

2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Surprised it dropped off on the drive though with the dynamics of driving.

It's a possibility it is off someone else's vehicle and bounced out of the road. The fact it looks worn makes me think engine bay, which would also explain how it could have fallen off when the car was going faster, but caught by the undertray. To add to the suspicion it is engine compartment, I did replace the rocker cover gasket a few months ago, which involved the removal of a lot of plastic bits and bobs, but I can't recall seeing anything that looked like this.

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

The whole point of this thread was to establish that Nipsy has a BMW

When you are sober, you might be able to realise that a) I never stated I owned a BMW b) I didn't state I had a drive. Do try to keep up.