DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Spent all money on car?

spunko

Chewing Grass

Indeed, the clues are all there, house just about lived in by one person probably a 'property developer type', after all you are what you drive, apparently.

Chewing Grass

I wouldn't spunk your money on this either.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/property/only-cows-sheep-neighbours-greater-13458223

The clues are in the article, planning permission 1999, recent uncompleted attempts to renovate as in photo's, any locals know that it is horrendously exposed to wind and driving rain and the land around it is extremely boggy for most of the year.

Then they bullshit about sqft, all 1500 of it which is about the same as a decent semi with a kitchen extension.

Oh, and its just round the corner from Saddleworth, but Diggle sounds cuter.

Anyone know if it's just an urban myth that if you don't have a settee / armchair in the house it isn't classed as being "lived in" and therefore no need to pay council tax? When I was growing up a neighbour had those white plastic seats you see on the Continent in their living room, and I was told that was why....

10 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

I wouldn't spunk your money on this either.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/property/only-cows-sheep-neighbours-greater-13458223

The clues are in the article, planning permission 1999, recent uncompleted attempts to renovate as in photo's, any locals know that it is horrendously exposed to wind and driving rain and the land around it is extremely boggy for most of the year.

Then they bullshit about sqft, all 1500 of it which is about the same as a decent semi with a kitchen extension.

Oh, and its just round the corner from Saddleworth, but Diggle sounds cuter.

Fucking hell that's depressing. Saddleworth Moor is probably one of the most miserable places I've been to, on a rainy day (and there are a lot in the NW!). That house isn't exactly cheery.

4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Anyone know if it's just an urban myth that if you don't have a settee / armchair in the house it isn't classed as being "lived in" and therefore no need to pay council tax? When I was growing up a neighbour had those white plastic seats you see on the Continent in their living room, and I was told that was why....

Fucking hell that's depressing. Saddleworth Moor is probably one of the most miserable places I've been to, on a rainy day (and there are a lot in the NW!). That house isn't exactly cheery.

:D

Not these days!  It would have to be genuinely unfurmished.

Mirror Mirror

The auctioneer added: “Power and heating will require a little more imagination making this perfect for the family wanting to live the energy efficient dream."

Which translated into English means that there is no electricity or gas anywhere near the place. :D

Archived