Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Corny Stuff That Is Actually Really Good


TheBlueCat

Recommended Posts

TheBlueCat

A song that tells a story worthy of the scrapper birds thread. Something I really like about this one is the way Dolly Parton phrases the lyrics with pauses in some places you wouldn't quite expect but which add to the meaning.

 

  • Agree 3
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBlueCat
39 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

OK, I'll no doubt get fucking slaughtered - but I'll play along...

 

 

XYY

A bold choice for sure. They could both sing, no doubt about that. 

  • Lol 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
The XYY Man
6 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

A bold choice for sure. They could both sing, no doubt about that. 

:)

That was very diplomatic mind Bluey.

;)

 

 

XYY

  • Lol 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kurt Barlow
On 23/08/2020 at 19:18, The XYY Man said:

OK, I'll no doubt get fucking slaughtered - but I'll play along...

 

 

XYY

I bet you have all Liberace's albums.....

  • Lol 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBlueCat
On 24/08/2020 at 18:10, Kurt Barlow said:

I bet you have all Liberace's albums.....

Thing is, Liberace was actually a really good piano player.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kurt Barlow
5 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Thing is, Liberace was actually a really good piano player.

XYY's interest was more about Liberace's bouffant hair styling than the music. 

  • Agree 2
  • Lol 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
stop_the_craziness

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Meatloaf would have been better though if he'd got the chance.

Edited to add:  Bonus points for the bizarre video by the same mental that did Duran Duran's "Wild Boys"

 

Edited by stop_the_craziness
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Popuplights
On 23/08/2020 at 12:29, TheBlueCat said:

A song that tells a story worthy of the scrapper birds thread. Something I really like about this one is the way Dolly Parton phrases the lyrics with pauses in some places you wouldn't quite expect but which add to the meaning.

 

Dolly is a fantastic songwriter. She wrote I will always love you, and Elvis wanted the song, but she would not sign over half the rights. Good decision in the end.

  • Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBlueCat
3 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Dolly is a fantastic songwriter. She wrote I will always love you, and Elvis wanted the song, but she would not sign over half the rights. Good decision in the end.

I didn't know that, fascinating (I assumed she was covering it).

Edited by TheBlueCat
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBlueCat
17 minutes ago, jm51 said:

It sounds like a relationship breakup. It's about him losing his father.

 

That’s not corny, it’s a classic! Great piece of guitar playing and a big hit for a Boy George as a cover IIRC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobthebuilder
On 26/08/2020 at 22:53, Long time lurking said:

Not so much corny more morbid but still it`s a great tune and based on a true story apparently

https://www.kqed.org/pop/106807/meet-carl-von-cosel-the-man-who-slept-next-to-his-crushs-corpse-for-7-years

 

Tune. Bob Dylans son.

 

Edited by Bobthebuilder
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...