DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

universal basic income has started?

macca

3 hours ago, macca said:

Germany expected to extend furlough to 24 months..

2 years off paid.. yes please..

Getting them back to work will be interesting..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/18/germany-to-extend-coronavirus-furlough-to-24-months

This massively benefits those already with assets.

Compare me now at 50+ with me at 25.

Me at 50 - no rent, as I own.  Already have furniture, tools, clothes, probably enough to last 10 years without buying anything new.  Pay minimum tax as I don;t need to work hugely, plus can arrange finances to minimise income tax. UBI is money in the Bank.

Me at 25 - renting, no real assets, need to buy clothes for work/playtime.  have to work PAYE as not yet experienced enough to live off skills independently.  No investments so no way of structuring income to minimise tax.

Is this another way of keeping the boomers happy?

10 hours ago, wherebee said:

This massively benefits those already with assets.

Compare me now at 50+ with me at 25.

Me at 50 - no rent, as I own.  Already have furniture, tools, clothes, probably enough to last 10 years without buying anything new.  Pay minimum tax as I don;t need to work hugely, plus can arrange finances to minimise income tax. UBI is money in the Bank.

Me at 25 - renting, no real assets, need to buy clothes for work/playtime.  have to work PAYE as not yet experienced enough to live off skills independently.  No investments so no way of structuring income to minimise tax.

Is this another way of keeping the boomers happy?

Boomers don't work. Why should it benefit boomers. 

It just benefits those who work and are up to their eyeballs in debt. 

Those who have saved and are retired will get fuck all. Its not UBI. Its money printing to keep the ponzi fueled. 

23 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Boomers don't work. Why should it benefit boomers. 

It just benefits those who work and are up to their eyeballs in debt. 

Those who have saved and are retired will get fuck all. Its not UBI. Its money printing to keep the ponzi fueled. 

wrong.  a lot of them will have consulting/directing/pin money jobs and will be getting free money under any UBI type system.

Chewing Grass
14 hours ago, macca said:

Germany expected to extend furlough to 24 months..

2 years off paid.. yes please..

Getting them back to work will be interesting..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/18/germany-to-extend-coronavirus-furlough-to-24-months

The Germans can afford it and stay within their EU rules, compare and contrast with their Gallic neighbours.

1095597069_Screenshotfrom2020-08-2412-52-38.png.aa359a3fef444a4bf5695f99deda9d27.png

1480083773_Screenshotfrom2020-08-2412-53-24.png.59cc858a8565a9824906fb9543c198b5.png

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

wrong.  a lot of them will have consulting/directing/pin money jobs and will be getting free money under any UBI type system.

Most already have it.........it's called the basic state pension.  I doubt if there will be anything on top of that from HMG for pensioners.

Anyone on furlough for long enough will find themselves unemployable if they let their skills deteriorate. Use it or lose it.

Maybe their employer will put them in for retraining rather than assuming they can just return to work, if there is any work for them at the end of the furlough.

stop_the_craziness
4 hours ago, wherebee said:

We've got quite a few of the Final Salary Early Retired pension crew working at our place for something to do and some cheeky extra cash each month.

So the ones that are furloughed are currently being paid twice to sit in the garden.  It's not their fault though, they didn't ask to be born lucky, they just happened to be in the right place at the right time when the music stopped.

Archived