DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Killer on the loose. If you give this man a ride sweet family will die

What about DNA evidence? Are we supposed to believe that no third party DNA was found at these murders? We are being told some basic, admittedly horrific, similarities about these cases - it almost sounds like the methods of murder are being used as a shock diversion from what we need to know. This is the age of scientific investigation and it is nigh impossible today not to leave DNA evidence. Did they not record it? Where is it? Has it been lost from all cases?

Sorry, my bullsh*t radar has kicked in on this, especially as GMP are involved. Is this going to be yet another example of them turning a blind eye for not wishing to offend? 

7 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

What about DNA evidence? Are we supposed to believe that no third party DNA was found at these murders? We are being told some basic, admittedly horrific, similarities about these cases - it almost sounds like the methods of murder are being used as a shock diversion from what we need to know. This is the age of scientific investigation and it is nigh impossible today not to leave DNA evidence. Did they not record it? Where is it? Has it been lost from all cases?

Sorry, my bullsh*t radar has kicked in on this, especially as GMP are involved. Is this going to be yet another example of them turning a blind eye for not wishing to offend? 

The police seems to be all about "resources" these days so if they have a plausible case without having to look at third party involvement then they don't.

Irascible Inspector Morses calling on a dozen investigators at the drop of a hat because he has a "feeling" does not happen in real life.  I know somebody in the local CID; nice enough bloke but his work is simply routine case-building.  I have never felt tempted to apply for a similar role.

Possibilities such as the one in the OP are probably best raised by the newspapers because then the police can justify putting in lots of resource "in the public interest".  Just look at the funding of the Madeleine McCann disappearance compared to other child disappearances, as repeatedly highlighted here, which is only happening because of the regular media stories about the case.

8 hours ago, Nippy said:

Police are saying that a raft of husband-wife murder-suicides in north-west England had similarities that point to them being setup by a serial killer.

https://theworldnews.net/gb-news/string-of-murder-suicides-in-north-west-could-be-serial-killer-on-the-loose

I remember these cases at the time and specifically said ‘sounds like a serial killer - too coincidental that ‘same murder style’ ‘and age and methods’ just a mile apart in a ‘sleepy village’  .....

‘Occams razor...’

“The grisly deaths of two couples in Wilmslow, Cheshire are now being looked at as potential murders - and flags have been raised in other brutal deaths of elderly couples around the region in the decades since, according to a special investigation by the Sunday Times investigative team Insight.

The 1996 deaths of Howard and Bea Ainsworth in Wilmslow, was followed by another apparent separate murder-suicide - Donald and Auriel Ward.

Both the Ainsworths and the Wards were described as devoted couples, whose deaths blamed at the time on murder-suicides carried out by the husbands, stunning their families.

In both cases, the couples were found lying in their bloodstained bed in their pyjamas - and involved horrific levels of violence.”

I am convinced I remember others of the same ‘modus operandi’ around the country.... Norfolk rings a bell? 

Edited by Vendetta
9 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Who knows. But they wouldn't have classified it as hate crime and so wouldn't investigate it.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The police seems to be all about "resources" these days so if they have a plausible case without having to look at third party involvement then they don't.

Irascible Inspector Morses calling on a dozen investigators at the drop of a hat because he has a "feeling" does not happen in real life.  I know somebody in the local CID; nice enough bloke but his work is simply routine case-building.  I have never felt tempted to apply for a similar role.

Possibilities such as the one in the OP are probably best raised by the newspapers because then the police can justify putting in lots of resource "in the public interest".  Just look at the funding of the Madeleine McCann disappearance compared to other child disappearances, as repeatedly highlighted here, which is only happening because of the regular media stories about the case.

That's very much the case, also DNA evidence isn't quite as open and shut as you would think.

You wouldn't generally go wasting time looking for DNA evidence unless you thought you were going to find some, ignore TV dramas where they go over the whole room/area with tweezers and pick up every dog hair, just doesn't happen like that, unless like I say you had a strong link to a suspect and you went to try and find that connection.

However... having said that none of those murders read like murder suicides. Taking just one as an example, women brutally stabbed and slashed, husband with knife in chest... which of these two scenarios seems most likely, 1. Husband mutilates wife, gets back in bed and plunges knife in chest, 2. Intruder knifes husband, wife wakes up and is then brutally murdered.

Just now, gilf said:

That's very much the case, also DNA evidence isn't quite as open and shut as you would think.

You wouldn't generally go wasting time looking for DNA evidence unless you thought you were going to find some, ignore TV dramas where they go over the whole room/area with tweezers and pick up every dog hair, just doesn't happen like that, unless like I say you had a strong link to a suspect and you went to try and find that connection.

However... having said that none of those murders read like murder suicides. Taking just one as an example, women brutally stabbed and slashed, husband with knife in chest... which of these two scenarios seems most likely, 1. Husband mutilates wife, gets back in bed and plunges knife in chest, 2. Intruder knifes husband, wife wakes up and is then brutally murdered.

I entirely agree.

However the police these days play a target culture game where anything difficult and hence resource-heavy is avoided if possible; unless it is something of which their PR department very much approves.

Now that these have hit the press they will put a whole team upon it and solve the crimes.  If they had just gone ahead and solved the crimes then they would have received fewer pats on the head for success.

10 hours ago, Nippy said:

Police are saying that a raft of husband-wife murder-suicides in north-west England had similarities that point to them being setup by a serial killer.

https://theworldnews.net/gb-news/string-of-murder-suicides-in-north-west-could-be-serial-killer-on-the-loose

I thought the killer was on the road😀

5 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

I thought the killer was on the road😀

One thing is for certain, anyone doing stuff like that really does have a brain that's squirming like a toad. What on earth is the motive - not liking oldies? 

Is it even that easy for an old man to stab himself through the heart? I'd have said no as a guess.

Just now, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

One thing is for certain, anyone doing stuff like that really does have a brain that's squirming like a toad. What on earth is the motive - not liking oldies? 

Is it even that easy for an old man to stab himself through the heart? I'd have said no as a guess.

Near-impossible I'd have said.

Even fit and strong Romans would commit suicide after dishonour by "falling" on their sword: kneeling down and bracing it between the floor and their stomach so that it will go up through their stomach, lungs and heart when relaxing the legs and falling forwards onto it.  They were not physically making the fatal thrust.

10 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The story comes out at the same time as a story about a hospital where there are now questions over the deaths of 124 babies in SEVEN years. Coincidence? Or one story being used to smoke-screen the other?

Which should be the headline story?

Front page in the DM at the shop this morning.

49 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

I thought the killer was on the road

It started out that way, but I thought it would mislead the reader into thinking it was about god's recent Autobahn mishap or about the four bald tyres on Albur Carkeys taxi.

It could be someone from the NHS. The connection seems to be mental illness. Someone had inside info that it would be assumed the husband would be blamed. Police need to check who these families saw from the NHS and pay particular attention to any known associates of Harold Shipman.

2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

It could be someone from the NHS. The connection seems to be mental illness. Someone had inside info that it would be assumed the husband would be blamed. Police need to check who these families saw from the NHS and pay particular attention to any known associates of Harold Shipman.

The weekly Thursday DEATH CLAP :Old:

16 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

if the police assumed murder/suicide, it's a cheap investigation, case closed. Why go to the bother of looking for a 3rd party? finding DNA might spoil that, and they need the budget for trips to the Algarve to find Maddie.