• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

slavery

A friend at work said with a sigh that she'd been tasked with writing the modern slavery policy, so I asked (we get one well) "Are we for or against?".

It's what used to be called trafficking (women) and gyppoes / EE gangmasters keeping captive workers (men) and it's something for the police to investigate and not "everyone's responsibility" as the patronising media would have it as I have never come across it and, in common with 95% of the UK population, am not an idiot so would have noticed that "something" was not quite right.

37 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

A friend at work said with a sigh that she'd been tasked with writing the modern slavery policy, so I asked (we get one well) "Are we for or against?".

It's what used to be called trafficking (women) and gyppoes / EE gangmasters keeping captive workers (men) and it's something for the police to investigate and not "everyone's responsibility" as the patronising media would have it as I have never come across it and, in common with 95% of the UK population, am not an idiot so would have noticed that "something" was not quite right.

The talking (shit) heads have got exactly what they wanted and this is the result, yo  are right it has nothing to do with 95% of the population and any that would be calling it out for what it is would be publicly vilified for doing so.

I think the Number 1 perpertrators and victims of physical and sexual slavery are:-

http://www.meramirpur.com/british-pakistani-family-on-trial-for-keeping-a-polish-couple-as-slave-in-nelson-lancashire/

http://www.wewillinspire.com/author/sara-khan/page/11/

Principally via the importation via marriage of illiterate women as baby producing domestic appliances, although as they are 'married' this is not talked about.

Quote ' I know that a generation later very little has improved for these women, and the root causes of these practices have not been challenged. As a British woman of Pakistani origin, I find the argument of “not wanting to offend cultural sensitivities” offensive in itself.'

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Rife in the Uk apparently. where do you get one?

Dunno but can I have @spunko2010 please. From what he posted earlier he likes cleaning, a chore I hate. :)

On the cleaning thingy I see it as a waste of time. The dust will always be there tomorrow, why worry. 

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

“There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.”

Gary Lineker - 1968

I never thought I would agree with lineker on anything but, yeah on this...

18 minutes ago, One percent said:

Dunno but can I have @spunko2010 please. From what he posted earlier he likes cleaning, a chore I hate. :)

On the cleaning thingy I see it as a waste of time. The dust will always be there tomorrow, why worry. 

Then you clean it tomorrow too! :Old::ph34r:

Have noticed that any website with a Modern Slavery Act link on it generally employs modern day slaves. Tend to avoid them if possible. 

Just now, spunko2010 said:

Then you clean it tomorrow too! :Old:

Please be my cleaning slave. :)  I bloody hate it. If I had my way, my house would look like the one full of cat poo. Without the cat poo of course as I don't like cats. But equally as messy. xD

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Please be my cleaning slave. :)  I bloody hate it. If I had my way, my house would look like the one full of cat poo. Without the cat poo of course as I don't like cats. But equally as messy. xD

Have you considered buying a Roomba? i haven't vacuumed my office in about 3 years...

2 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

“There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.”

Gary Lineker - 1968

That is actually a (mis)quote of Quentin Crisp, in The Naked Civil Servant.

Reading the OP, I am now minded to instruct someone at my company to write a series of spoof policies.

In addition to a policy on slavery, we could have:

A policy on red jelly babies;

A position on numerology;

A manifesto on margarine use.

I had three children with the hope that I could train them up as slaves to undertake even the most mundane tasks.

They're useless though.

Every time I ask them to do something and they refuse, I tell them I've knocked a bit more off the will and into the cats protection league.