Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I've stuck with Firefox for years, but now, in it's startup page are suggestions of pages I might want to read. Cheeky buggers. And why should I "sign on" to Firefox, any more than the BBC? It's all turning to a filth nightmare.

Set your startup page to whatever you want in preferences,

whatever site you want to greet you, or a blank page

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I've stuck with Firefox for years, but now, in it's startup page are suggestions of pages I might want to read. Cheeky buggers. And why should I "sign on" to Firefox, any more than the BBC? It's all turning to a filth nightmare.

Simply start visiting pages that you don't want to read.  This'll screw up their database/algorithm and Firefox won't know so much about you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dgul said:

Simply start visiting pages that you don't want to read.  This'll screw up their database/algorithm and Firefox won't know so much about you.

Could be an idea there for someone to create a kind of twisted add-on that does this all for you - marketed to the paranoid or digital anarchist🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

To celebrate the 25th Bday of Windows 95, may I recommend you download Netscape Navigator. 

And do all your searching on Yahoo. That'll learn 'em. 

Funnily enough I was just pondering on this yesterday. When I first started using the Internet there were hardly any corporate sites, it was 90% hobbyists. Now it' s pretty much only corporate sites. 

Edited by Roger_Mellie
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, honkydonkey said:

I've been using the new Edge browser for a while and it's pretty good. Stopped using firefox + chrome after they removed dissenter from their app stores, cunts.

Haven't Dissenter released their own browser now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

And do all your searching on Yahoo. That'll learn 'em. 

Funnily enough I was just pondering on this yesterday. When I first started using the Internet there were hardly any corporate sites, it was 90% hobbyists. Now it' s pretty much only corporate sites. 

Yep, the whole decentralised internet is fucked when cloudflare goes down, err wtf.

Just now, Snark said:

Haven't Dissenter released their own browser now?

It was more a disliking of activities against free speech than actually caring about dissenter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, honkydonkey said:

Yep, the whole decentralised internet is fucked when cloudflare goes down, err wtf.

It was more a disliking of activities against free speech than actually caring about dissenter.

Well I was never interested in Dissenter until they banned it xD
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brave seems decent and it even tells you how much time you've wasted browsing the web. Have noticed it occasionally plays up on things like banking websites though. Brave also support bitchuters that we nazis follow, so another good reason to use their product.

I put duckduckgo browser on my phone the other day and it works really well. It's marketed as privacy focused but did something weird. No SIM in the phone (use my @xyyphone out and about) and no wifi to connect to and it was somehow downloading duckduckgo text message type notifications about facebook and privacy or something, so dubious about what it's doing in the background.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Brave seems decent and it even tells you how much time you've wasted browsing the web. Have noticed it occasionally plays up on things like banking websites though. Brave also support bitchuters that we nazis follow, so another good reason to use their product.

I put duckduckgo browser on my phone the other day and it works really well. It's marketed as privacy focused but did something weird. No SIM in the phone (use my @xyyphone out and about) and no wifi to connect to and it was somehow downloading duckduckgo text message type notifications about facebook and privacy or something, so dubious about what it's doing in the background.

I asked int Basement the other week who Brave browser users donated their Brave tokens to. Do you know which Bitchuters have set up to receive token?

Agree on Brave and Duckduckgo being great user experience.

Edited by Heart's Ease
W
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

I asked int Basement the other week who Brave browser users donated their Brave tokens to. Do you know hich Bitchuters have set up to receive token?

Agree on Brave and Duckduckgo being great user experience.

The US ones like Luke Rudkowski do. Tbh, I don't contribute anything to anyone currently and ought to set up a payment method I'm happy using, there are several I get value from and would miss them if they were gone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

The US ones like Luke Rudkowski do. Tbh, I don't contribute anything to anyone currently and ought to set up a payment method I'm happy using, there are several I get value from and would miss them if they were gone. 

Just checked now and on my laptop/phone I have 40 tokens ($15). Have earmarked Duckduckgo for a wedge - looking for content creators to support.

I wonder how much TOS used to get/gets now from Google AdSense...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

Just checked now and on my laptop/phone I have 40 tokens ($15). Have earmarked Duckduckgo for a wedge - looking for content creators to support.

I wonder how much TOS used to get/gets now from Google AdSense...

Cumulatively that's a fair junk of cash. Have it in mind to wade through the bullshit and suss out how to work bitcoin. Dubious about subscribestar. Paypal and google don't use their services unless absolutely have to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caravan Monster said:

Cumulatively that's a fair junk of cash. Have it in mind to wade through the bullshit and suss out how to work bitcoin. Dubious about subscribestar. Paypal and google don't use their services unless absolutely have to.

https://batgrowth.com/publishers

I found a list of Brave publishers.  Some usual suspects in the top 50 - including The Guardian!

Also claimed a payout so now have 60 tokens ($23) burning a hole in my pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...