Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, eight said:

In "The Death of Grass" it was the vaccine rather than the virus which caused the death of grass.

I just got hold of a copy of John Christopher’s book “Pendulum”. The synopsis is a bunch of left wing academics radicalise the youth and stage a revolution, which is then followed by a hard right counter-revolution. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Just started watching 'Counterpart', it's part sci-fi part spy thriller, really enjoying it, got a very classic le Carre feel to it. Anyhoo, just got to episode 3, directly after this a guy walks into the cinema and decontimantes his hands in a UV machine. This is from 2018:o

 

Is that the one where there is a parallel world almost like ours but they had a nasty disease wipeout and blamed us for infecting them? I saw series 1 but not the clip you posted so is that series 2? Friend told me series 2 no good compared to 1 so didn't watch. Recommended?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

Is that the one where there is a parallel world almost like ours but they had a nasty disease wipeout and blamed us for infecting them? I saw series 1 but not the clip you posted so is that series 2? Friend told me series 2 no good compared to 1 so didn't watch. Recommended?

That's season 1 episode 3. 

Thanks for the spoiler xD

If you like spy thrillers it's well worth a watch. I heard season two isn't as good, but still got some way in season 1 to go. 

Edited by Roger_Mellie
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger_Mellie said:

That's season 1 episode 3. 

Thanks for the spoiler xD

OK saw series 1 but didn't remember the cinema ad. Not much of a spoiler they rarely mention the disease event you're just meant to pick it up from odd comments that it had radically altered their lives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that's weird at all. I read on Facebook that basically proved Nostradamus predicted the COVID-19 outbreak with extreme accuracy.

"When the heron rises, the blood of the just will be demanded of China, in twenty and ten twos, it shall spread around the world, and the covering of the orifice shall thus be deemed mandatory".

Oh wait that may have been Qanon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, spunko said:

I don't think that's weird at all. I read on Facebook that basically proved Nostradamus predicted the COVID-19 outbreak with extreme accuracy.

"When the heron rises, the blood of the just will be demanded of China, in twenty and ten twos, it shall spread around the world, and the covering of the orifice shall thus be deemed mandatory".

Oh wait that may have been Qanon.

Trust the plan spunko mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, spunko said:

I don't think that's weird at all. I read on Facebook that basically proved Nostradamus predicted the COVID-19 outbreak with extreme accuracy.

"When the heron rises, the blood of the just will be demanded of China, in twenty and ten twos, it shall spread around the world, and the covering of the orifice shall thus be deemed mandatory".

Oh wait that may have been Qanon.

Shite.

Qanon couldn't predict the result of a fight between Mike Tyson and Stephen fucking Hawking...

 

XYY

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I just got hold of a copy of John Christopher’s book “Pendulum”. The synopsis is a bunch of left wing academics radicalise the youth and stage a revolution, which is then followed by a hard right counter-revolution. 

I love a bit of John Christopher. He attended the same school as me in Winchester.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ONS and Oxford uni are running a study into in COVID19.

Households have been randomly selected to take part.

£50 per person for the intial test. £25 per person per test following that.

Yeah, of couse we fucking signed up. £50 for sticking a swab in your mouth and up your nose? Easy money.

It looks like its the only COVID19 freebie I'm going get out of this. Other than a half price Nandos.

I considered starting thread for this but its too boring to post this every week - "no one tested postive and none of us died".

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, invalid said:

ONS and Oxford uni are running a study into in COVID19.

Households have been randomly selected to take part.

£50 per person for the intial test. £25 per person per test following that.

Yeah, of couse we fucking signed up. £50 for sticking a swab in your mouth and up your nose? Easy money.

It looks like its the only COVID19 freebie I'm going get out of this. Other than a half price Nandos.

I considered starting thread for this but its too boring to post this every week - "no one tested postive and none of us died".

Now all we need is a positive test with 2 weeks quarantine on statutory sick pay xD but mah fify pund, fify punnnnnddd m8!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2020 at 22:46, invalid said:

ONS and Oxford uni are running a study into in COVID19.

Households have been randomly selected to take part.

£50 per person for the intial test. £25 per person per test following that.

Yeah, of couse we fucking signed up. £50 for sticking a swab in your mouth and up your nose? Easy money.

It looks like its the only COVID19 freebie I'm going get out of this. Other than a half price Nandos.

I considered starting thread for this but its too boring to post this every week - "no one tested postive and none of us died".

Where do i sing up ,i have just identified as a 8 person house hold but if the swabs are any sort of size the gold fish is in for a rough time

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Where do i sing up ,i have just identified as a 8 person house hold but if the swabs are any sort of size the gold fish is in for a rough time

A few have already asked, it seems its by random selection only.

As an update, I am assuming we all tested negative as we have not been told otherwise. Should be getting a call to arrange the next test soon.

How exciting!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...