• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Libspero

New Vocabulary / Phrases

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who does this,  but sometimes I hear a new word or phrase and think,  that's ace..  I'm going to remember that for future reference.

Now there is no need to remember..  this thread is dedicated to any great new phrases and sayings and will hopefully become a great reference resource when you later forget what they all were.

I will start the ball rolling with one I heard today..   

SEXUAL DIAMORPHISM

"Sexual dimorphism, the differences in appearance between males and females of the same species, such as in colour, shape, size, and structure, that are caused by the inheritance of one or the other sexual pattern in the genetic material."

I'm sure yours will be less nerdy!

10 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Been watching Life on Mars. Shame we can't use...

'Moving slower than a spastic in a magnet factory.'

'More nervous than a very small nun at a penguin shoot'.

"If you were Pinocchio, you'd just have poked my eye out".

On 10 August 2017 at 22:23, spunko2010 said:

I've always wanted to use the word cunnyhole in real life, if that counts. 

I do everyday. "He/she is being a right ol' cunnyhole today, something in the water no doubt"

can I add Twitter? As in the flap of skin between a woman's twat and her shitter. 

On 11/08/2017 at 09:18, spunko2010 said:

I've wanted to use the phrase "thick as mince" naturally in a sentence for years. Finally got the chance recently. :Jumping:

Does that count?

The phrase "thick as mince" is used a lot in my neck of the woods. I use it and often hear others using it. One local man has had the nickname Willie Mince for years. Nobody ever refers to him by his real surname!

Willie is used often for people called William or it can be Wullie. Neither are far off sounding like Wally! However I do know many smart people who use the alternatives for William.

Glad you got to say "thick as mince" eventually. Maybe there's more opportunity to use it in my rural town. Some of the natives can try my patience!