DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Worst pm in living memory?

Worst PM  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Worst PM

They've all been so appalling and are getting worse, it would be good to have a poll of this (can I put one in? Can't see anything).

My memory goes back to Thatcher. Her reputation only improves in comparison to what's come since.

Major - useless twat, but at least he didn't bankrupt the country to avoid a small recession on his watch.

Blair - politicising the law (I think all the racially and sexually aggravated crime nonsense, and much more, began with him). Not to mention Iraq, the economy, his twat chancellor, and immigration 

Brown - nothing needs to be said really

Cameron - despite the competition, he would get my vote for worst pm. It was him who didn't have the guts to reverse any of Blair and brown's huge mistakes, thereby making them permanent. Fancied himself as a great leader but didn't have the self awareness to realise that if you want people to follow you, you actually need to be going somewhere. Pumped up house prices because he didn't have any other ideas. Perhaps most damningly, he only just managed to scrape past Brown and Milliband in elections, even I could have won huge majorities against those two.

May - nothing needs to be said. As useless as Brown.

Johnson - I think it's likely that people will just end up ignoring him. If you know your boss doesn't have sufficient attention span to follow anything up, you'll soon stop listening to him and just do your own thing, knowing nothing is going to be done about it.

Edited by spunko
Spelling
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tony blair was the worst post ww2 leader simply because he was the first uk pm who wasnt the prime minister for this country, he had and hasnt no interest in this country but is nothing but a money gr

No one can match Ted Heath. Boom, bust, runaway inflation, worst bear market in the London Stock Exchange history, secondary bank crisis, power cuts, three day week and he took us into the fuckin

They've all been so appalling and are getting worse, it would be good to have a poll of this (can I put one in? Can't see anything). My memory goes back to Thatcher. Her reputation only improves

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

They've all been so appalling and are getting worse, it would be good to have a poll of this (can I put one in? Can't see anything).

My memory goes back to Thatcher. Her reputation only improves in comparison to what's come since.

Major - useless twat, but at least he didn't bankrupt the country to avoid a small recession on his watch.

Blair - politicising the law (I think all the racially and sexually aggravated crime nonsense, and much more, began with him). Not to mention Iraq, the economy, his twat chancellor, and immigration 

Brown - nothing needs to be said really

Cameron - despite the competition, he would get my vote for worst pm. It was him who didn't have the guts to reverse any of Blair and brown's huge mistakes, thereby making them permanent. Fancied himself as a great leader but didn't have the self awareness to realise that if you want people to follow you, you actually need to be going somewhere. Pumped up house prices because he didn't have any other ideas. Perhaps most damningly, he only just managed to scrape past Brown and Milliband in elections, even I could have won huge majorities against those two.

May - nothing needs to be said. As useless as Brown.

Johnson - I think it's likely that people will just end up ignoring him. If you know your boss doesn't have sufficient attention span to follow anything up, you'll soon stop listening to him and just do your own thing, knowing nothing is going to be done about it.

No one can match Ted Heath.

Boom, bust, runaway inflation, worst bear market in the London Stock Exchange history, secondary bank crisis, power cuts, three day week and he took us into the fucking Common Market.

Edited by Virgil Caine

It's actually shocking when you look at them listed out like that.  How many of them would you trust to work on reception?

I'd say that something like the US system would be better where there is a whole round of voting by party members to select the candidate for Prime Minister rather than here where people primarily vote for, or more usually against, a particular party and just get whatever compromise candidate that party's MPs have voted in as Prime Minister.

I agree with the choice of Cameron as the worst for the same reason.  He was incapable of any positive actions because, as a full fledged PR man, he didn't actually believe in anything.  He was voted in to root out the toxic legacy of Blair and Brown and did absolutely nothing the useless dickwad.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's actually shocking when you look at them listed out like that.  How many of them would you trust to work on reception?

I agree with the choice of Cameron as the worst for the same reason.  He was incapable of any positive actions because, as a full fledged PR man, he didn't actually believe in anything.  He was voted in to root out the toxic legacy of Blair and Brown and did absolutely nothing the useless dickwad.

This.  Seeing a list of them one after the other was as shocking as it was depressing.   Although when I think of who they were up against each time, I'm not sure the corresponding parallel universe would have been much better in many of the instances.  

My experience of being a voter has not been an enjoyable one.  Twice I have not voted at all and hated myself for it, but most of the time when I did vote it didn't feel like a positive action, just a horrible duty.

Frank's assessment of Cameron is spot-on but I still think Blair leads the way for me because he was the most disingenuous and therefore the biggest disappointment as well as the architect of a lot of the current problems.

5 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Bojo is fucking awful. Maybe not as bad as Broon yet but he's making a strong play for the title.

But seeing as the choice on offer at the last elecion was him or Steptoe..... O.o

I think our political system has plumbed new depths of failing the people.

First past the post is getting embarrassing now. People are used to being able to shop around for everything else to get what they actually want but come election time it's red or blue then ignore you like the powerless cuck you are for 5 years.

Bit unfair to tar Major with the rest. UK population just 58 million ( resisted open borders). Lowest debt to GDP ratio in recorded history*. Both inflation and unemployment were in crash mode and we had the lowest house prices in recorded history. Plus you didn't need a degree to become an Amazon drone. What the fuck did he do wrong.

I'm, of course, judging him on his record at the time and not his pro European stance since.

*Good job we've got all these migrants to balance the books now, oh hang on...

Edited by crashmonitor
8 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

My experience of being a voter has not been an enjoyable one.

I vote reliably but I don't think I've ever once voted for the candidate who then became "my" MP. I accept that my political views are not mainstream but there should at least be some minority party in Parliament representing the 1 or 2% of people who do think like me. But no, in the shredder my vote goes, quick here come Boris and Rishi who were voted in by about 1 in 5 adults to give all the landlords and second homeowners a stamp duty holiday so a bunch of retired Express readers can feel good about their theoretical house price.

25 minutes ago, Darude said:

I vote reliably but I don't think I've ever once voted for the candidate who then became "my" MP. I accept that my political views are not mainstream but there should at least be some minority party in Parliament representing the 1 or 2% of people who do think like me. But no, in the shredder my vote goes, quick here come Boris and Rishi who were voted in by about 1 in 5 adults to give all the landlords and second homeowners a stamp duty holiday so a bunch of retired Express readers can feel good about their theoretical house price.

By voting in that way you are giving encouragement to the candidate to stand again which I think is spot on.

I also always vote for my preferred candidate or party at the time (it changes, based upon circumstance); and if all that they get is two votes which is them and me then at least they know that they're not alone.

The big parties love the phrase "wasted votes" but they're never actually wasted.

46 minutes ago, Darude said:

They're going to keep getting worse, at least another 10-15 years until people stop electing banker stooges and start voting for somebody who takes the slightest interest in the average worker's economic prospects.

Yes, someone who has the courage(?) to end the requirements for the fucking mad notion of never ending growth.......never happen, of course.

don't think thatcher stands up all.   India and china were still in the dark ages, Russia behind it's iron curtain and Germany split.  
It's easy to be giant when everyone else is dwarf.  And nobody seems to remember ditch the bitch.  But still.

Anyway, post Greenspan wall of credit in the aftermath of dotcom bust and 9/11,  i don't think the British government has done much other than define the narrative and pick some winners / losers.   Monetary policy is everything and the fear of a deflationary depression has driven everything.

it's never getting better. Even Blair didn't have to contend with the power of the big tech companies and as the actions around COVID have shown, everyone is marching to the same WHO drum.  There is no opposition.   

May, very closely followed by Blair.  Most of Brown's damage was caused under Blair's watch, so that was Blair's fault.  Cameron was hamstrung by Clegg for 5 years.

May was the only one that appeared to deliberately try to undermne this country in favour of a foreign power (the EU).  We are so lucky that Gina Miller didnt have a clue what May was planning - if she'd not forced a parliamentary vote on the EU withdrawal agreement, we'd be even more fucked than we are now.

Blair may have fucked us over, buy May was the only one deliberately trying to do so.

1 hour ago, Darude said:

They're going to keep getting worse, at least another 10-15 years until people stop electing banker stooges and start voting for somebody who takes the slightest interest in the average worker's economic prospects.

You can only vote for ever is out there. Labour, whos job it is to provide such a candidate, have failed miserably to do so.

Edited by goldbug9999