DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the dog front, when we lost our dog to old age we were desperate for another.  Tried to rescue one but we weren't allowed what we wanted because our hedges (wire meshed at the bottom so dogs couldn

Well I’m going all in. I’m stockpiling anything I think I’ll need over the next 10 / 15 years.  Inflation is coming and it’s likely the prices for general consumer products will the lowest in the

Brewdog? I can't believe any self-respecting Dosboderatus would support that bunch of SJW cunts. 

Posted Images

We still have a stockpile built up in January and February before this thing took off. I've kept replenishing it and refined it (didn't have enough flour first time round, for example, and the shortages became an issue) so won't need to build up a new stockpile for an autumn/winter surge. The area I live in is relatively unlikely to get a local lockdown though based upon what we are seeing so far but I've no intention of joining the panic buying hordes if it does happen.

I've actually stopped stocking and just keeping topped up.   We have plenty of long life stuff, tinned and dried spuds, pasta etc.

Next week we are digging up and storing the spuds, and I've about 300 odd onions to string up when they are cured enough.  Sprouts, leeks and cabbage will stand for a while, and runner beans have been frozen.  Tomatoes are ripening quickly and some of those will be frozen pasta sauce in their next incarnation.

"Rumours" of price rises in veg will therefore be ignored here.

I think the grain was dry when they wanted wet and vice versa, so a poor harvest.  Allegedly

53 minutes ago, MrPin said:

My knowledge of farming is miniscule, apart from tractors.

Harry tells it like it is....

Weather was shit at the back end of last year and early this year, it prevented stuff getting planted and stunted the growth of stuff in the ground, we then had a dry spring and the rest..............is history.

Shit harvest.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNRLTPU9263dTOYgrVcnHw

2 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

Harry tells it like it is....

Weather was shit at the back end of last year and early this year, it prevented stuff getting planted and stunted the growth of stuff in the ground, we then had a dry spring and the rest..............is history.

Shit harvest.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNRLTPU9263dTOYgrVcnHw

He's not skint.

I supplemented my usual household reserves in mid to late feb/early mar and since then have been replacing stocks as they are used. 

One thing I am going to get ahead on though before the end of this year is buying seeds/compost for next year. 

Also could do with giving sheds (sorry @The XYY Man I have THREE!) a lick of protective paint plus interior painting needs done. Sorting that currently.

I’ve also bought a new waterproof coat even though I have 4 very decent ones plus a new pair of quality boots despite having about 8 pairs in varying states of usefulness. No need for buying any other clothing as I have plenty.

Extra stocks of vit d and omega 3 in my stash and getting in the habit of keeping extra garlic and ginger in freezer. Extra jars of local honey and a few bottles of lemon juice stocked.

Two sets of spare filters for my berkey water filter stocked. Also around 9 months of tobacco plus my home grown additive for evenings. If TSHTF those things wont matter  though!

Nothing else I can do really.