Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Brenton Tarrant to be sentenced today


Recommended Posts

Closure and healing were what many of the survivors grasped for, and could not quite reach. Their anguish and outrage seemed to build with every hour.

Many of the victims’ statements were visceral, describing in great detail what assault weapons do to human flesh.

Temel Atacocugu, who was shot nine times at Al Noor, said he felt another man’s brains and blood trickle across his face as he hid from Mr. Tarrant in a pile of dead bodies.

Bullets tore through the skull and limbs of 35-year-old Hussein al-Umari. His mother, Janna Ezat, described receiving his remains on her birthday, six days after Mr. al-Umari was killed.

Despite living with flashbacks of her son’s “gruesome” wounds, Ms. Ezat told Mr. Tarrant that she would not hold on to her bitterness. “I decided to forgive you, Mr. Tarrant, because I don’t have hate, I don’t have revenge,” she said.

Most of the others were less merciful. Maysson Salama told Mr. Tarrant that she could not forgive him for killing her son Atta Elayyan, a talented player of futsal, a variant of soccer, and a successful app developer.

“You shattered so many dreams,” Ms. Salama said.

For many who lost fathers and mothers, brother, sisters and sons, no amount of punishment for Mr. Tarrant would be sufficient to erase the pain.

 

The pain and suffering, the economic consequences and the ubiquity of loss will linger, said Mr. Fouda, the imam from Al Noor.

“The damage he caused to this nation was heinous; no one will forget,” he said. But, he added, one message in particular must be remembered: “This person wanted to divide us, but he couldn’t,” he said. “Now he is the loser, and we are the winner's"

 

Many others, emboldened by previous speakers, also stared right at Mr. Tarrant to deliver the strongest rebuke they could muster.

“You deserve to be buried in a landfill,” said Ahad Nabi, whose father, Haji Mohemmed Daoud Nabi, 71, a leader in the local Afghan community, was killed at Al Noor. He gave Mr. Tarrant the middle finger. 

Several people decided to speak in court after hearing others or seeing Mr. Tarrant show no signs of remorse.

 

Whenever this case is brought up in your circle, you should point out that the global media coverage of the trial, and the victim statements, were not done for the Manchester bombings or any of the truck attacks in Europe.  Ask why people think that was.

You should also point out that he was not a white supremacist.  He also was anti-Trump.  He was an eco-warrior and anti-globalist as explained in his manifesto.

His manifesto is banned in NZ and you can go to jail for sharing a copy.  Ask people why that is, when mein kampf, chaiman mao's book, etc, are all permitted.

 

I am not defending the murderer.  But we should be free to point out the very unusual issues surrounding this case.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RJT1979 said:

What are these people doing in NZ? How did they arrive? Its all orchestrated. Many of those 50 dead would have been at least low level criminals.

Better check @spygirl for the absolute numbers, but I suspect not. I expect they were just out for a bit of worshipping.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ecofascism is quite an interesting concept to me and I hadn't heard of it before, although I'm not sure that saying he wasn't a white supremacist is accurate. I don't think there's anything much wrong with being a white supremacist , when we have BLM etc.

What is most interesting is that people are slowly realising there is no easy solution to this problem of excessive immigration. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, spunko said:

Ecofascism is quite an interesting concept to me and I hadn't heard of it before, although I'm not sure that saying he wasn't a white supremacist is accurate. I don't think there's anything much wrong with being a white supremacist , when we have BLM etc.

What is most interesting is that people are slowly realising there is no easy solution to this problem of excessive immigration. 

I've not read his pamphlet but I believe he's very clear he's no issues with Maoris or other non white people - just the religion of Islam ?

If so then he's clearly not a white supremacist imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ccc said:

I've not read his pamphlet but I believe he's very clear he's no issues with Maoris or other non white people - just the religion of Islam ?

If so then he's clearly not a white supremacist imo. 

why not?

I do not believe it is banned in the UK.  (If am wrong, apologies - DYOR).  I read it whilst I was travelling in the USA, on a device that was not permanent.  

I think if we have learnt anything, it is that you have to go down to the source material to prevent you being lied to by a host of interested actors (including those white supremacist groups who might want to claim him as their own).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wherebee said:

however, the point stands - when it is virtually impossible for a european over 40 to get to live in NZ or Australia, because they are deemed a drain on those countries,

It's true. These antipodean hell holes have really tightened their borders, so I assume a lot of people got in previously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It's true. These antipodean hell holes have really tightened their borders, so I assume a lot of people got in previously.

I got in mid 30's as I had a skill which was in demand at the time.  Best thing I ever did. Had to jump through hoops for years including medical tests.

 

And then I see people on the train or street who obviously didn't, but got in because MUH FEELZ.  fucking rises the bile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wherebee said:

I got in mid 30's as I had a skill which was in demand at the time.  Best thing I ever did. Had to jump through hoops for years including medical tests.

 

And then I see people on the train or street who obviously didn't, but got in because MUH FEELZ.  fucking rises the bile.

Some people I know just went there, found a job and then filled in some forms, late 70s/early 80s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wherebee said:

however, the point stands - when it is virtually impossible for a european over 40 to get to live in NZ or Australia, because they are deemed a drain on those countries, how the fuck do so many ethnics, including elderly ones, get in?  Where is the cost/benefit ratio?

As my dad and his new family emigrated to Australia in the late 60s I had an automatic right to go there to live. I got a warning letter when I was 39 that my right was going to expire on my 40th birthday. That was 24 years ago 9_9

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • The guy's clearly a monster.
  • The victim statements are graphic in a way that we don't do in the UK for terrorist attacks.
  • This progressive liberal country has handed down a life-without-parole term.  I'm not sure that's even possible in terrible right-wing UK (even people like Sutcliffe got the opportunity to try to get released due to 'being better').

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Some people I know just went there, found a job and then filled in some forms, late 70s/early 80s.

Looks very different these days. Destroying itself with high prices for nearly everything. 

And the whole idea of going there and getting a nice house with a pool has all but vanished unless you are absolutely minted or will live in the middle of nowhere. 

The looks on so many faces on those wanted down under shows are an eye opener. 

Tiny little new build gardens within feet of your neighbour. Shame. Fucked itself with greed imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dgul said:
  • This progressive liberal country has handed down a life-without-parole term.  I'm not sure that's even possible in terrible right-wing UK (even people like Sutcliffe got the opportunity to try to get released due to 'being better').

It's possible in the UK - Whole life orders exist and can only be reduced in "exceptional circumstances". They do need to be reviewed within 25 years but no judge is going to do anything beyond saying you are staying there.

Edited by eek
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, eek said:

It's possible in the UK - Whole life orders exist and can only be reduced in "exceptional circumstances". They do need to be reviewed within 25 years but no judge is going to do anything beyond saying you are staying there.

When a life sentence is handed out they also include a tariff which is the minimum time you must serve before you can be considered for parole.

Whole life tariff have been used, Peter Sutcliffe and Rosemary West amongst others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

So if you get a whole life tarrif what is there to stop you saying fuck it and going all charles bronson in the nick? 

Short of physical restraint, nothing. Shortage of opportunities perhaps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wherebee said:

there were a number of kids killed, so no, not a haven of criminals.

however, the point stands - when it is virtually impossible for a european over 40 to get to live in NZ or Australia, because they are deemed a drain on those countries, how the fuck do so many ethnics, including elderly ones, get in?  Where is the cost/benefit ratio?

 

Answer, there is not.  It's all part of the open borders insanity.

50 killed and 40 injured. How can 90 plus people attend a place of worship on a Friday afternoon at 1pm? Are they not working?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By mattydread
      Reports of many dead at a mosque in Christchurch NZ
      Streamed live 
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6811785/Shooter-opens-fire-New-Zealand-injures-four-people-witnesses-say-heard-20-shots.html
      This could be the trigger that kicks everything off with them worldwide, maybe..
    • By Mirror Mirror
      Since the beginning of October New Zealand immigration personell can demand the password to your electronic devices. A refusal carries a US$ 3000 fine and confiscation of the device for 'forensic anaysis'
      I wasn't thinking of going anyway, but that';s another country off my list of places to visit (and spend my tourist dollars).
      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/world/asia/new-zealand-passwords-devices.html
    • By The Masked Tulip
      Both men reported alive but injured.
      Police have said that they have not ruled out that it could be terror-related.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...