DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Anyone here want to buy a Banksy now? :-)

https://news.sky.com/story/banksy-funds-pink-boat-to-help-save-refugees-in-mediterranean-sea-12058315

Banksy funds pink boat to help save refugees in Mediterranean Sea

The bright pink boat, emblazoned with Banksy's trademark art, might look fun but it has a very serious mission.

Banksy funds boat to rescue migrants in MediterraneanBritish street artist Banksy has reportedly funded a bright pink rescue boat to help refugees in the Mediterranean Sea trying to reach Europe from North Africa. Named Louise Michel after a 19th-century female French anarchist and teacher, the 31-metre motor yacht, a former French navy vessel, features some of Banksy's trademark art, including a girl in a life vest holding a heart-shaped safety buoy. The boat's official Twitter account said it had so far rescued 89 people, including 14 women and four children, and was seeking a place of safety for them to disembark. The Bristol artist initiated the project when he emailed the former captain of several NGO rescue boats, Pia Klemp, according to The Guardian. The paper says he wrote: "Hello Pia, I've read about your story in the papers. You sound like a badass. "I am an artist from the UK and I've made some work about the migrant crisis, obviously I can't keep the money. Could you use it to buy a new boat or something? Please let me know. Well done. Banksy." Klemp is reported to have believed it was a joke at first.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trendy middle class public school educated 'grafitti artist' in leftist virtue signalling shocker. In other news, bears, woods, popes, funny hats and shit.

Not half as cunty as encouraging people to take themselves and their kids into dangerous situations where drowning is a likely outcome in the first place. 

Rescue then take back. Job done.  Anything else is people trafficking and should be charged as such.

13 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Could somebody just torpedo it please.

Being against immigration is a valid point of view. Being against rescuing people from drowning is cunty.

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Tor-paedo? I can see you have a long history of not working in submarines, as I didn't several times.:Old:

That's funny I never did either - isn't life full of coincidences.

1 minute ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Just don’t misspell it, or people will think you like to hang out in Devon on top of rocky outcrops waiting for unsuspecting children.

You mean like PDF file?

57 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Banksy funds pink boat to help save rendezvous with refugees in Mediterranean Sea

The pink/red colouring does make spotting the taxi service easier.  Of course for sure some will have put themselves in a position to have to be rescued as well.  

Edited by twocents
19 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Being against immigration is a valid point of view. Being against rescuing people from drowning is cunty.

I'm against uncontrolled immigration and also against offering rewards to people for putting themselves in harms way.

I wonder if supporters of these operations would have the same attitude to a reality TV show that purely captured the risk and reward, but with the politics and virtue signalling stripped out.

15 minutes ago, Andersen said:

I really hope this is a wind-up otherwise it's shattered my opinion  of Banksy.

Did you hold the Grafiti artist in higher esteem before? 

He's not special. Granted, it's more pleasing on the eye than someone just spray painting a tag, but it's still Grafiti and shouldn't be encouraged. 

On this occasion, it's not actually Grafiti though, so by some weird logic, I can't argue with this one. 

3 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Did you hold the Grafiti artist in higher esteem before? 

He's not special. Granted, it's more pleasing on the eye than someone just spray painting a tag, but it's still Grafiti and shouldn't be encouraged. 

On this occasion, it's not actually Grafiti though, so by some weird logic, I can't argue with this one. 

Agreed.

Cunt should be on community service cleaning his graffiti off all the walls he's vandalised...

XYY

I presume he's putting up money to pay for their welfare in their new country, at least?

More important would be to put up the money to support the countries they're fleeing from -- after all, it isn't humane to support all the fit young men leaving, but not to support those too ill/young/old/disabled trying to save themselves.  I'm sure he's doing that as well.

Oh, he's just funding the boat?  So only the really cheap bit but where you can get all the virtue signalling benefit.  Funny that.

Being banksy must be like being a bank.  Not sure exactly what confluence of events torpedoed him into his graf being worth millions - perserverance at keeping Bristol over the years tagged with his own style of slightly pithey but accessable art print things.  Got well known and didn't go too crazy to keep it slightly rare all the while maintaining the annonominity?

Anyway he must have money to burn surely... Don't know how it works but can some Saudi not commission him for mega bucks or does he just occasionally release one a year to keep the pennies coming?

Seems a bit of a statement what's he's doing anyway clearly, good to save some people etc but maybe better ways of doing it rather than picking up a few helping the illegal cartels no doubt buy even shoddier boats in the knowledge that the pink ship will pluck them to safety.  Probably a drop in the ocean anyhow.