• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarahbell

salford? normal thursday night?

I grew up in salford. The quays is not really typical of anything in the area, virtually non residential for normal indigenous mancs or salfordians. Locals no longer venture there except for match days. Rip to the kid whatever happened 

Happened last night. Initial reports (eg tweets such as those by @chilloutweed around 9.30 on) described a baby being run over twice, and an armed man entering the hotel and shooting himself. A huge number of police - a dozen or more vehicles including armed officers - turned up and 'stormed' the hotel.

This morning on State Media. it's just 'a tragic accident'.

Interesting to see how people on the scene's initial ideas of what happened turned out to be wrong.

Maybe it was in a pram and the person was crossing the road pushing the pram - and a car came out like in those Hollywood films. But in this case the driver didn't stop or miss.

(Probably on their bookface livestreaming whilst driving)

9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Is the whole UK media controlled by this guy?

MOHA.jpg

Armed police rushing in for a RTA.  Yeah, right.

That was my initial reaction, but given recent events, I think I can understand it. There's been an incident on the road outside where a car has hit pedestrian(s) and there's a lot of shouting and screaming and confusion going on. After so many vehicle attacks recently, all it would have taken was for a confused witness to see a bloke running into the hotel lobby and you could understand them mistakenly thinking it was yet another terror attack going down.

There are so many things that can be confused with gunshots, even more so if you're expecting to hear them.

12 minutes ago, 201p said:

Maybe it was in a pram and the person was crossing the road pushing the pram - and a car came out like in those Hollywood films. But in this case the driver didn't stop or miss.

(Probably on their bookface livestreaming whilst driving)

OK It is not this.