DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Neuralink Brain Computer Interface Thingy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What pisses off all these super rich people in California? All the rich actors, the even richer producers and the even richer dot.con billionaires? Why do so many of them invest in medical research co

NPC meme is very useful to make normo's (us) realise that we should not ascribe the same thoughts and feelings to other people as ourselves.  There are people who simply do not think in the way we do,

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Elon Musk is bringing out some new gizmo that reads your mind or something.

There's an initial demonstration of it streaming in about 5 minutes.

Not watching the video, prefer text but guessing that this is some kind of implant. If so, just no. Why would you.  o.O

8 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Elon Musk is bringing out some new gizmo that reads your mind or something.

There's an initial demonstration of it streaming in about 5 minutes.

It still hasn't started.

That link won't cast to my TV, but this one does so may be better.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Not watching the video, prefer text but guessing that this is some kind of implant. If so, just no. Why would you.  o.O

It hasn't started yet, so everybody's just guessing.

xD

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Here's some text on it.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/8/28/21404802/elon-musk-neuralink-brain-machine-interface-research

Neuralink, the mysterious neuroscience company backed by Elon Musk, is expected to reveal more details about its plans to connect computers to human brains on Friday. While the development of this futuristic-sounding tech is still in its early stages, the presentation is expected to demonstrate the second version of a small, robotic device that inserts tiny electrode threads through the skull and into the brain. Musk says he’ll “show neurons firing in real-time. The matrix in the matrix.”

They still haven't started the demo.

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

Here's some text on it.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/8/28/21404802/elon-musk-neuralink-brain-machine-interface-research

Neuralink, the mysterious neuroscience company backed by Elon Musk, is expected to reveal more details about its plans to connect computers to human brains on Friday. While the development of this futuristic-sounding tech is still in its early stages, the presentation is expected to demonstrate the second version of a small, robotic device that inserts tiny electrode threads through the skull and into the brain. Musk says he’ll “show neurons firing in real-time. The matrix in the matrix.”

They still haven't started the demo.

Fuck no. Just no. It’s like something out of a horror B movie.  The whole audience is scream, fuck no, don’t do it.   xD

13 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ok ta. Could you do a precise?   :)

Precise what..?

An estimate of your age perhaps...?

I couldn't possibly behave in such a ungentlemanly manner.

But I do think at least one telegram from the queen was involved...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Precise what..?

An estimate of your age perhaps...?

I couldn't possibly behave in such a ungentlemanly manner.

But I do think at least one telegram from the queen was involved...

XYY

Nah two.  I’m the oldest person on the planet.  Even made the Guinness book of records. 
:)

What pisses off all these super rich people in California? All the rich actors, the even richer producers and the even richer dot.con billionaires? Why do so many of them invest in medical research companies and into AI?

Yep, that's right - they are pissed that they have all their wealth, a life of doing and having anything and everything they want... but they are still going to die.

Edited by The Masked Tulip
typo - added a word that my brain forgot to add first time.

I'm sure musk read Iain m banks a lot when younger.  Not read a lot of sc-fi but have read quite a bit of his.  I'm slightly biased when it comes to these future technologies as a result having been caught up in the whole "culture" civilization thing where there is no scarcity and every want or desire is met for all... As well as those brain gadget things -neuorlace?

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

What does that weird representation of a face actually mean...?

I see it regularly on here, and it even appears in some member's avatars.

Would someone please explain - in daft cunt's terms of course...

XYY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPC_(meme)

If you get in a discussion with them it's always the same buzzwords and hackneyed arguments. They're the kind of people who make a show of discomfort when you break the status quo like by breaking the normie barrier to invoke a real discussion. it's like in a video game when you accidentally talk to somebody twice and they give you the exact lines word for word once more.

Edited by Loki

NPC meme is very useful to make normo's (us) realise that we should not ascribe the same thoughts and feelings to other people as ourselves.  There are people who simply do not think in the way we do, and it is very handy to refer back to 'preprogrammed' entities who have limited freedom of thought and behaviour to explain who and what they are.

examples would be the anti-brexiteers who flipped to anger the minute anyone mentioned an uncomfortable fact re Europe, or SJWs when science facts re gender variation are raised.

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's a bit annoying having all these game references like "non player character"🤮 or "live action roleplay".  Even though admittedly they are quite a descriptive and on point maybe.  More a personal tick thing on my part no doubt. 

Probably a lot of these memes become paradoxically taken on the most by those they depict though 🤔

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

NPC meme is very useful to make normo's (us) realise that we should not ascribe the same thoughts and feelings to other people as ourselves.  There are people who simply do not think in the way we do, and it is very handy to refer back to 'preprogrammed' entities who have limited freedom of thought and behaviour to explain who and what they are.

examples would be the anti-brexiteers who flipped to anger the minute anyone mentioned an uncomfortable fact re Europe, or SJWs when science facts re gender variation are raised.

It is not useful at all Skippy.

Unless your definition of useful is "a load of total and utter fucking shite"...

XYY

4 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

It's a bit annoying having all these game references like "non player character"🤮 or "live action roleplay".  Even though admittedly they are quite a descriptive and on point maybe.  More a personal tick thing on my part no doubt. 

Probably a lot of these memes become paradoxically taken on the most by those they depict though 🤔

I feel the same about footboreisms