DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I normaly buy Stella in crates at tesco at Aldi or Lidl I normaly buy theirs 5% larger.anyway nipped into Aldi and they have 18 cans of Stella for 15 quid.guiness isn’t to bad either at £4.50 newcastle brown

at less that £1.40 .have got some of there rip off dark fruits to try and the biggest mistake was buying a bottle of rhubarb gin I’ve never tried gin no idea what goes with it.anyway I best apologise now whilst I’m sober I need a drink to get over my holiday

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

It's been 30 years since I tried Newcastle Brown and I still ain't 'tempted 

The rip off version sold by one of the German discounters is ok at 1.25.but it’s what I often drank in rock venues in my youth so I still have a soft spot for it .

Edited by stokiescum

Shit thread.:PissedOff:

Minimum price for alcohol means offers are illegal in Wales (and Scotland).

In England Asda probably still do Staropramen 4 x 660ml 5% for £6.

£0.50 x 0.66 ltr x 5% = £1.65

Can only be a matter of time before the governbankment "helps" England drink less. Enjoy it while you can!

Edited by Democorruptcy
20 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Can only be a matter of time before the governbankment "helps" England drink less. Enjoy it while you can!

These deals don't last for long.

Blink and you'll miss them...

XYY

24 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Bet that doesn't stop you buying them though. What's an extra quid or so on a pack of beers? Still cheaper than a pint darn sarf. 

32 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

According to the book Tastes of Paradise, the average family member in the seventeenth century used to drink 3litres of beer a day, and breakfast was butter and egg mixed in with the beer.

15 hours ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

It's been 30 years since I tried Newcastle Brown and I still ain't 'tempted 

Always surprised how many women like to drink Newcastle Brown. Normal non-dykey non-beery women just to be clear.

2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Well on the Newcastle Brown scale it`s cheaper in Cardiff than it is in Stokie land £1.30 on Friday 

2 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Bet that doesn't stop you buying them though. What's an extra quid or so on a pack of beers? Still cheaper than a pint darn sarf. 

In this case it was just 10% extra £6.60 for 4 bottles instead of £6 on an every day deal. BH deals might see a bigger discrepancy.

Some supermarkets in England have 25% off 6 bottles of wine at the moment. At £5 bottle for a 14% that means £22.50 instead of £30. In Wales (and Scotland) that would be £31.50 permanently no offer allowed. Each to their own I suppose, it's true that 40% extra doesn't stop you buying it. The more people are happy with it then why not extend it to England, then why stop at 50p minimum unit, why not 75p then £1?

4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Obviously that’s Boris’s fault though.

Just now, Democorruptcy said:

You nearly had me doing a ? then and sending that @Stueycharacter off on one again

Not sure what you mean about Boris's fault? He is to be applauded for not doing MUP in England (so far...)

I was reflecting the prevailing attitude of the British press, particularly the BBC, which is currently blaming Boris for basically everything that they think is wrong in the world regardless of whether he was even born when it happened (not having a go at you). I can imagine Krankie literally blaming Boris for the price of alcohol in Scotland, with a straight face, and the BBC reporting it as true and newsworthy. 

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

I was reflecting the prevailing attitude of the British press, particularly the BBC, which is currently blaming Boris for basically everything that they think is wrong in the world regardless of whether he was even born when it happened (not having a go at you). I can imagine Krankie literally blaming Boris for the price of alcohol in Scotland, with a straight face, and the BBC reporting it as true and newsworthy. 

Sorry your irony was lost me but I see what you mean now.

The BBC have red captions for a reason. They are Labour at heart. Most of the current affairs programs are largely done by Tinopolis who are based in Wales via Mentorn.