DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

UK kids most miserable in the world

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I’m going to go out on a limb and say the kids in the Yemen might disagree

Because they have no purpose. A life without achievable goals is a worthless one. No real life role models, no targets, nothing to look forward to, no chance of buying a home. No exercise doesn't help

If it's white kids they're being taught their history is shit and there's nothing they can do about their immutable Shittness.  They will have to be twice as good as all the illiterates that are

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

I think if they looked at adults they'd see the same, I blame consumerism and debt. We want everything we can't we can't afford and this makes us a bunch of miserable cunts, either always wanting more, or having it and worrying about money all the time.

4 minutes ago, Snark said:

I think if they looked at adults they'd see the same, I blame consumerism and debt. We want everything we can't we can't afford and this makes us a bunch of miserable cunts, either always wanting more, or having it and worrying about money all the time.

I also blame alienation. We are alienated from our own culture, from our work, which is just exploitative for many, from our communities, through the mass movement of people and from, for many, our children as both parents need to work to afford a roof (unless you are bennie scum of course but then that brings a whole new level of alienation in itself). 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I also blame alienation. We are alienated from our own culture, from our work, which is just exploitative for many, from our communities, through the mass movement of people and from, for many, our children as both parents need to work to afford a roof (unless you are bennie scum of course but then that brings a whole new level of alienation in itself). 

all the above, and over crowding. Everywhere you go you have crowds and queues, try taking the kids to somewhere like Legoland, it's hell on earth.

14 minutes ago, Snark said:

I’m a perverse fucker I like doing without to get something I want I like the challenge.like wize only debt controls me I do daft things in life if I’m not in debt like walk out from jobs etc 

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

Some truth in much of that ,visited me mum today and we joked that she is doing well for visits this year off my sister she is up to 3.she will get one in sept my mums birthday then one at xmas.now bear in mind she lives a mile away it boils my piss

15 minutes ago, snaga said:

all the above, and over crowding. Everywhere you go you have crowds and queues, try taking the kids to somewhere like Legoland, it's hell on earth.

I got a season ticket for Alton towers was a bargain less than 60 for all of us.id think nothing of visiting after dinner just for 2 hours to big a crowd walk in the gardens and going at that time no q to get on the park a ride mind I can get there in 20/25 mins

9 minutes ago, spunko said:

Because they have no purpose. A life without achievable goals is a worthless one. No real life role models, no targets, nothing to look forward to, no chance of buying a home. No exercise doesn't help matters either.

Flick on the TV and watch the adverts to see what society represents to young impressionable minds:  online bingo, debt management, fast food, idle consumerism.

Contrast to 25 years ago when kids could train for a job, could go for a walk without worrying about robbed. Lack of a single male role model in particular has made life utterly bereft of purpose for many kids today. 

To top it all off they're convinced everyone else has it better than them thanks to Instagram and Facebook.

And have the possibility of buying a home...  

As the graph on page 44 of the report shows, UK kids have the highest fear of failure in Europe and fear of failure correlates strongly with unhappiness. This makes perfect sense as this is the message they are constantly hearing and having modelled by their parents. You have to be a perfect student with top marks, perfect employee, perfect tenant, perfect finances so you can get that jumbo mortgage etc. There is no room in British life to be a bit mediocre, be yourself and let it all hang out.

4 minutes ago, TheNickos said:

Social media and camera phones is the greatest piss up of the last 20 years. No longer can you go out and make a tit of yourself without some fuckwit videoing it and ruining your life.

same for legacy posts, texts, etc. that resurface years later.

The social media and smartphones explanation stacks up perfectly given that the UK is the only country in Europe with social media and smartphones.

The whole mission of advertising and the media  is to make you feel anxious, depressed and a failure. It then suggests that buying a particular product or adopting a particular lifestyle will fix that situation. The solution usually requires people to borrow money at extortionate rates of interest.

6 minutes ago, spunko said:

Because they have no purpose. A life without achievable goals is a worthless one. No real life role models, no targets, nothing to look forward to, no chance of buying a home. No exercise doesn't help matters either.

Lack of a single male role model in particular has made life utterly bereft of purpose for many kids today. 

Interesting concepts even at 55 I set myself goals or targets.i just fucked about until I was 46. 

28 minutes ago, TheNickos said:

How the fuck can they be miserable, I have to work 9 hours a day, not 6 hours of school bliss with zero bills. xD

Easy.  I fucking hated school all the way from infant school until the last two years when I could drop all the subjects I hated.  The only redeeming features were my best mates and one of the teachers that would let us watch the test matches with him at lunchtime.

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

And have the possibility of buying a home...  

Dependant on where you live.if I went for the ultimate challenge bear in mind I’m 55 I think I could have a good crack at buying all my kids a house ie 4 terraces.however do I want to try this is another matter after a lot of beer I’m tempted on the other hand when

im

sober I’m thinking of labour and restrictions on owning more than one house and the government has shown how fast they can ban an eviction if needed

50 minutes ago, One percent said:

I also blame alienation. We are alienated from our own culture, from our work, which is just exploitative for many

Did Marx not write that the work alienation comes from mass production? The more automation, the less skill is required to press the levers and buttons, and the assembly line metality with division of labour means less variability in the task, and, at the end, there is no satisfaction from seeing the final item you made.