DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Former No 10 adviser Sir Robbie Gibb launches a TV rival to 'woke wet BBC'

Former No 10 adviser Sir Robbie Gibb launches a TV rival to 'woke wet BBC' in the wake of its Rule Britannia debacle as opponents label the corporation the 'most biased propaganda machine in the world'

Ex Tory adviser Sir Robbie Gibb is spearheading the drive for funds for GB News

Sir Robbie is an ex-senior BBC executive and Treason May's No 10 PR adviserIt comes as Rupert

Murdoch’s News UK company develops its own news show

A former Downing Street adviser is behind a secret new project to set up an ‘impartial’ television news channel to rival the crisis-hit BBC, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Sir Robbie Gibb – who was a senior BBC executive before becoming Treason May’s director of communications at No 10 – is spearheading a drive to raise funds for GB News.

The 24-hour station, due to launch early next year, aims to capitalise on growing discontent over the BBC, with sources describing it as an antidote to the ‘woke, wet’ Corporation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8677567/Top-Tory-Sir-Robbie-Gibb-launches-TV-rival-woke-wet-BBC.html

Top rated Comment:

The BBC do not represent the majority of its audience, they follow fringe groups and causes.

Personally, I think this is long overdue!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8677567/Top-Tory-Sir-Robbie-Gibb-launches-TV-rival-woke-wet-BBC.html   Top rated Comment:   Personally, I think this is long overdue!

Fair enough, you win again. 

Traditional broadcasting is dead.  The high overheads associated with a studio,  premises,  cameras,  infrastructure,  hangers on who want paid,  scriptwriters and then overpaid dickheads to read from

I think there is space for a serious news outlet, that is not distracted, by whatever the current trendy fascination is. Whether that can be achieved or not, who knows? There's just too much media space to fill, it's inevitable it will be stuffed with "what if" and "could it" articles.

1 hour ago, muggle said:

Sounds great in theory, but let's see. We don't want Fox News UK, we want impartial and balanced news.

I wonder if it's even possible to do impartial and balanced news in a way that will seem watchable to people now that the average attention span is that of a goldfish.  Balanced and impartial stuff is by it's very nature a bit more boring.

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

Is there though? Advertisers will not want to know as they're too woke.

If Joe Biden advertising during Tucker Carlson is anything to go by, then yes. But I understand the concerns.

Every fruitloop out there that sees something outside their window of acceptable values will start calling for boycotts on advertisers. We've seen it all before.  

29 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't know why this one had so much attention. Razors are a throw away product. I don't look at what brand they are. It's whatever is on the shelf.

It makes no odds to me as my days of buying 5 blade razors are long gone. Actually that's a point, does anyone have any suggestions on what razor blades are best and cheap, please? 

Traditional broadcasting is dead.  The high overheads associated with a studio,  premises,  cameras,  infrastructure,  hangers on who want paid,  scriptwriters and then overpaid dickheads to read from a script?  Who's going to pay for that. 

Content creators like Mark dice,  Styx, matt Christiansen, andy ngo, turd flinging monkey, elijah schaefer, etc, all they need is a microphone and a laptop.  

Obviously people like tucker Carlson have large media organisation support,  but just look at the state of cnn, msnbc, nbc , bbc, itv, channel 4 'news ' , where are the under 30 / 25 year olds who are going to PAY for media subscription or a dedicated tv set 

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

It makes no odds to me as my days of buying 5 blade razors are long gone. Actually that's a point, does anyone have any suggestions on what razor blades are best and cheap, please? 

Please no, not another "shaving tat thread". Stick to expensive coffee machines, for @The XYY Man

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

I quite like Morrisons own brand ones, the blades seem angled pretty conservatively so I don't get as many nicks as I used to with other brands.

1 minute ago, Darude said:

I quite like Morrisons own brand ones, the blades seem angled pretty conservatively so I don't get as many nicks as I used to with other brands.

I was being serious. no more shaving tat. It's bog paper next.

10 minutes ago, JFK said:

Traditional broadcasting is dead.  The high overheads associated with a studio,  premises,  cameras,  infrastructure,  hangers on who want paid,  scriptwriters and then overpaid dickheads to read from a script?  Who's going to pay for that. 

Content creators like Mark dice,  Styx, matt Christiansen, andy ngo, turd flinging monkey, elijah schaefer, etc, all they need is a microphone and a laptop.  

Obviously people like tucker Carlson have large media organisation support,  but just look at the state of cnn, msnbc, nbc , bbc, itv, channel 4 'news ' , where are the under 30 / 25 year olds who are going to PAY for media subscription or a dedicated tv set 

Most Boomers/pre-Boomers haven't cultivated a set of social media news/commentary feeds, they are used to just sitting down on the sofa and grabbing the TV remote when they want news. This is the market that Gibb is going after. It doesn't seem like a long term plan, like going into horsedrawn cart manufacturing 10 years after the Ford model T was launched, but there are still 10s of millions of such people and they have a lot of money and voting power so there is a target demographic to go after.

It will take decades until demographic turnover has finished replacing such people with fully online GenX/GenY/Zoomers who as you say will not understand why Robbie Gibb needs more than a microphone and a laptop if he has something he wants to say.

Edited by Darude