DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The wheel turns, the cycle is complete and karma is restored

Well, sort of. Arch-SJW and Guardian blitherer Suzanne Moore is now writing in the Spectator, that presumably being the only place that will still publish her:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how-progressive-misogyny-works

"It happens a lot lately. Not just in a Twitter DM or an email but in real life. Someone tells me they can’t really say what they think in their workplace any more. What awful things do they think? Mostly that the rights of vulnerable women should be protected and that children should be allowed to express their gender however they like without being whisked to a clinic."

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

No it's only dark magic (Are we not allowed to say black magic annymore, can we still buy black magic chocolates?)  if you stand on your left foot whistling the tune to X files.

I say dark magic because black magic makes me think of those disgusting sawdust and vomit chocolates from the 70s which I am now truly disturbed to find can still be bought:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/nestle-black-magic-chocolates-assorted-174-g-0514693p.html

4 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I say dark magic because black magic makes me think of those disgusting sawdust and vomit chocolates from the 70s which I am now truly disturbed to find can still be bought:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/nestle-black-magic-chocolates-assorted-174-g-0514693p.html

You say black magic, i say milk tray and get all tingly thinking about a bloke on a rope in that advert.  o.OxD

Just now, One percent said:

You say black magic, i say milk tray and get all tingly thinking about a bloke on a rope in that advert.  o.OxD

Milk Tray was the white version of the same disgusting set of ingredients - the yin and yang of vile 70s chocolates. I'm more of a Cadbury's flake man when it comes to getting tingly at adverts.

5 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Milk Tray was the white version of the same disgusting set of ingredients - the yin and yang of vile 70s chocolates. I'm more of a Cadbury's flake man when it comes to getting tingly at adverts.

The bath overflowing always annoyed me as an 80’s kid. I always thought who the hell is going to clear all that up, and the apartment downstairs is probably flooded. Even the lizard had some sense to climb up on the telephone.

59 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Well, sort of. Arch-SJW and Guardian blitherer Suzanne Moore is now writing in the Spectator, that presumably being the only place that will still publish her:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how-progressive-misogyny-works

"It happens a lot lately. Not just in a Twitter DM or an email but in real life. Someone tells me they can’t really say what they think in their workplace any more. What awful things do they think? Mostly that the rights of vulnerable women should be protected and that children should be allowed to express their gender however they like without being whisked to a clinic."

Have a load of  black people moved into the house next her?

44 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ah one of those girls from school who liked sliding down the climbing ropes just a bit too much.

Edited by spygirl
1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

I'm more of a Cadbury's flake man when it comes to getting tingly at adverts.

Oh I loved that advert with the fuzz guitar "Only the crumbliest flakiest chocolate". And the dreamy long-haired hippy chick drifting with her punt.

51 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Oh I loved that advert with the fuzz guitar "Only the crumbliest flakiest chocolate". And the dreamy long-haired hippy chick drifting with her punt.

The guitar and punt weren’t what I was remembering, but each to their own!

52 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

It was an air guitar. Flake is the means by which Cadbury's sell people air that pretends to be chocolate.

10 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

It was an air guitar. Flake is the means by which Cadbury's sell people air that pretends to be chocolate.

Theres nothing wrong with flakes apart from them falling to bits when you eat them,

Polo mints are the big con when it comes to selling air

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

Wasn't that the one for TOPIC?  You know, with all the nuts?

More likely the one for Texan - the chocolate bar that would wrestle the fillings out of your mouth until they reformulated the middle to a soft sugary pap.

I'm sure the advert featuring gunslingers would have been enough to convince kids that the hanging escape scene in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly was equally feasible...