DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Nigel Farage as leader with Douglas Murray as his adviser?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could do a lot worse, Murray talks a lot of sense, he articulates beautifully the problems the silent majority have in the UK today  

There is so much infighting, conspiraloonery and bitching on the right in the UK (and the US for that matter) that it drives people away. Yesterday's hero is now a corrupt two faced globalist plant. e

He doesn't need to win seats, Farage's strategy has always been to drag the Tory party towards what he wants by threatening to split Tory voters away from it. As a strategy it has been very successful

2 hours ago, haroldshand said:

We could do a lot worse, Murray talks a lot of sense, he articulates beautifully the problems the silent majority have in the UK today

Ask yourself why Farage condemned  Gerard Batten when he was leader of UKIP regarding many things including Islam yet is now openly against those very same issues 

14 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Ask yourself why Farage condemned  Gerard Batten when he was leader of UKIP regarding many things including Islam yet is now openly against those very same issues 

Because Gerald Butler was in bed with Tommy Robinson and that would have tarnished Nigel Farages brand,  Farage has to be careful because of the very things they were talking about in this clip, the WOKE mob are just hoping for some dirt on him which he rarely supplies, well he wouldn't not being a racist and a decent bloke

4 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Because Gerald Butler was in bed with Tommy Robinson and that would have tarnished Nigel Farages brand,  Farage has to be careful because of the very things they were talking about in this clip, the WOKE mob are just hoping for some dirt on him which he rarely supplies, well he wouldn't not being a racist and a decent bloke

Nigel had left the brand and is now promoting exactly the same as Batten was 

The difference between DM view regarding Islam is no different to TR`s other that how the message is delivered

Farage wanted that party destroyed it`s that simple he has never wanted anything other than the inept two party system we have ,if he did he would have never have quit when that party had a real chance of changing the status quo  and then go about systematically destroying the party 

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

There is so much infighting, conspiraloonery and bitching on the right in the UK (and the US for that matter) that it drives people away. Yesterday's hero is now a corrupt two faced globalist plant. etc etc. We cannot know what goes on behind closed doors.

Who cares let's just get behind whoever stands the best chance of fixing this shithole we live in, frankly. 

I agree 1000%.  But who would dare stick their head above the parapet?  The MSM and the Courts have vilified anybody who speaks up for the silent majority.  Piers Corbyn on Saturday was a classic example.  Ridiculed in the press followed by a £10k fine.   Imposed by what Court where exactly?  A deterrent to anyone.

I think he just didn't want the two issues conflating.

UKIP was about Brexit. If you start bolting on other messages you run the risk of alienating your voter base. 

If say 70% of Brexiteers are also anti-Islam then your 50% vote gets diluted to 35%. 

Just KISS. @The XYY Man (FAB)

I said I'd give the Tories a free pass at the last election because I wanted them to get Brexit done (more fool me). Everything else at that point was secondary (although they've been doing their best to ramp up the immediacy of a number of issues). 

Take the US. The democrats seem to be bolting on all manner of issues which will alienate their moderate supporters. 

If you're gay, you should vote dem. 

If you're black, you should vote dem. 

Not all blacks like gay people and not all gays like black people so you are already marginalising yourselfs. 

If you hate cops, vote dem. 

If you hate the working class, vote them. 

Then they came for me (to drive me to the election to vote) and I did not go with them as the pigeonhole of the required ideology was too small for me to get into. 

26 minutes ago, spunko said:

There is so much infighting, conspiraloonery and bitching on the right in the UK (and the US for that matter) that it drives people away. Yesterday's hero is now a corrupt two faced globalist plant. etc etc. We cannot know what goes on behind closed doors.

Who cares let's just get behind whoever stands the best chance of fixing this shithole we live in, frankly. 

I think he done a great deal for the UK if it was not for him we would never have seen Brexit he has changed Europe and that he deserves all the credit he get`

If he had just walked away from UKIP i would have thought no different of him than i did when he was there ,but what he done to the leaders of that party and the party it`s self has to be questioned  and even more so when he starts promoting what he condemned the others for doing 

There has only been one party in my life that looked like having the will and the way of doing that and that was UKIP and the founder was whole complicit in nailing the coffin lid shut 

My money is on there will never be a party with the same chance as UKIP had in my life time 

26 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

UKIP was about Brexit. If you start bolting on other messages you run the risk of alienating your voter base. 

There was no problem with him going back to UKIP and leading the way he seen fit 

Gerard Batten was a reluctant un elected leader doing what he thought best 

Farage chose to kill the party instead 

He IMO at best is now in it for the money and nothing else saying the right things at the right time 

38 minutes ago, Ina said:

I agree 1000%.  But who would dare stick their head above the parapet?  The MSM and the Courts have vilified anybody who speaks up for the silent majority.  Piers Corbyn on Saturday was a classic example.  Ridiculed in the press followed by a £10k fine.   Imposed by what Court where exactly?  A deterrent to anyone.

But too many people in the UK are no longer listening to them and can make their own  minds up.

And for the record Piers Morgan is a total c*** who on the odd occasion call it right

42 minutes ago, Ina said:

• Ann Marie Waters
  • Tommy Robinson
  • Gerard Batten
  • Nigel Farage

Are all excellent people who have put themselves forward for political office. 

The problem with them all IMO is that they are not prepared to put aside their minor differences and work together on the majority platform which they all support. 

7 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

There was no problem with him going back to UKIP and leading the way he seen fit 

Gerard Batten was a reluctant un elected leader doing what he thought best 

Farage chose to kill the party instead 

He IMO at best is now in it for the money and nothing else saying the right things at the right time 

I know that there are two trains of thought on this and your opinion is probably based on which one you have:

1. NF didn't expect to win and therefore returned with the Brexit Party to destroy UKIP

2. After the referendum he thought that his work was done, didn't like the way Batten was taking the party and was worried it was going to undermine all his work. 

8 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

But too many people in the UK are no longer listening to them and can make their own  minds up.

And for the record Piers Morgan is a total c*** who on the odd occasion call it right

Off the record I think the “funny people” got to Morgan on account of sleaze.  Probably Boris too.

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:
  • Ann Marie Waters
  • Tommy Robinson
  • Gerard Batten
  • Nigel Farage

Are all excellent people who have put themselves forward for political office. 

The problem with them all IMO is that they are not prepared to put aside their minor differences and work together on the majority platform which they all support. 

Farage is a General and Tommy is a tough  Sergeant who you want beside you in battle, the gulf is massive between their intellect. Farage has a gift of communication and rarely is riled no matter what is thrown at him, and he can and does mix with anyone, many politicians and high profile media types  are not frightened to be seen in public with him and the ones who don;t are usually the ones that I have no time for

When do you people think Farage will announce his new political party?

I am going for mid/late next year, by then I think Boris will be in big trouble and it will be Farages chance to really stick the knife in and a 3 year lead up to the next GE sounds about right to me

24 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I know that there are two trains of thought on this and your opinion is probably based on which one you have:

1. NF didn't expect to win and therefore returned with the Brexit Party to destroy UKIP

2. After the referendum he thought that his work was done, didn't like the way Batten was taking the party and was worried it was going to undermine all his work. 

To be honest i think neither ,i really don`t know what`s behind it all but what i do know is i might not be able to see the rat but i can definitely smell it 

19 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Farage is a General and Tommy is a tough  Sergeant who you want beside you in battle, the gulf is massive between their intellect. Farage has a gift of communication and rarely is riled no matter what is thrown at him, and he can and does mix with anyone, many politicians and high profile media types  are not frightened to be seen in public with him and the ones who don;t are usually the ones that I have no time for

Do you really think that inspires the working class ? 

I know for a fact it did not and never will ,and they are the largest demographic in the country ,most beyond Brexit thinks he`s more Tory than the Tories

20 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

When do you people think Farage will announce his new political party?

I am going for mid/late next year, by then I think Boris will be in big trouble and it will be Farages chance to really stick the knife in and a 3 year lead up to the next GE sounds about right to me

Never it took 23 years to build UKIP and two to destroy it ,if he had any political will other than Brexit he would have carried on with UKIP 

12 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Do you really think that inspires the working class ? 

I know for a fact it did not and never will ,and they are the largest demographic in the country ,most beyond Brexit thinks he`s more Tory than the Tories

Farage proves in many ways that the public really don't care what you look like and more to the point what race you are, he really dresses like a c**t sometimes, but people let it go.

And yes I think he inspires a lot of people in the working classes, and what's wrong with true Tory values?

9 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Never it took 23 years to build UKIP and two to destroy it ,if he had any political will other than Brexit he would have carried on with UKIP 

If you was near to me I would have a big bet with you, Farages new political party party return is the worst kept secret in politics

4 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

If that is the case why did he not ask Batten to step aside and lead the party himself?

UKIP though not racist attracted a lot of racist people, I think his move away from UKIP was a good idea and I believe he has moved up a level, look at many of the people with him in the Brexit party, far more rich in talent.

12 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Farage proves in many ways that the public really don't care what you look like and more to the point what race you are, he really dresses like a c**t sometimes, but people let it go.

And yes I think he inspires a lot of people in the working classes, and what's wrong with true Tory values?

You are wrong once Brexit was over with most i know and that is a lot of died in the wool life long Labour voters despised the man 

I think he could win them over but the will is not there ,GB was wining that battle and someone somewhere made sure that party died IMO this was because the way it was heading would have eventually galvanised the working class into one voting block  that is the last thing the establishment wants as they would never hold the reigns again if that happened 

30 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

If that is the case why did he not ask Batten to step aside and lead the party himself?

I have no idea. I guess I've projected too much of my own reasoning onto the situation. I'm guessing only Nigel can answer that (probably the closest you'd get to an inside track on here would be @Anglepoise but I doubt even he knows).