DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Psychological warfare

Various techniques are used, and are aimed at influencing a target audience's value system, belief system, emotions, motives, reasoning, or behavior. It is used to induce confessions or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the originator's objectives, and are sometimes combined with black operations or false flag tactics. It is also used to destroy the morale of enemies through tactics that aim to depress troops' psychological states

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”

At one time I found it incomprehensible how civil wars could come about. The idea that children could see their parents as the enemy, that brother could want brother dead, made no sense at all. N

Posted Images

I often question myself as to whether I'm being used, if I am they are bloody good at this sort of thing, but they will disappointed with my lack of action. Too much effort for too little return.

So it must be the opposing side being used, against my beliefs.

This will be a good thread. At the moment I'm torn between being convinced that malevolent forces are and have been negatively influencing agitators and people in (future) positions of power, and thinking that in a more benign form all we're talking about is influencing human behaviour which is the basic principle of sales and marketing. I will enjoy following this one.

5 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

malevolent forces are and have been negatively influencing agitators and people in (future) positions of power

influencing human behaviour which is the basic principle of sales and marketing. 

I think they're more or less the same thing.  Bit of blackmail/promises of a cushty job once you're out of politics and there's your influence!

50 minutes ago, snaga said:

I often question myself as to whether I'm being used, if I am they are bloody good at this sort of thing, but they will disappointed with my lack of action. Too much effort for too little return.

So it must be the opposing side being used, against my beliefs.

Perhaps this place is used as a training ground for psyops?

20 minutes ago, dgul said:

Perhaps this place is used as a training ground for psyops?

as a lesson in futility?

most right wingers just want to provide for their families/communities, and live their life in private, and allow others to do the same. Not really fertile ground for mass manipulation? sure there will be a few extremists, but poor returns really.

Where as the left ... they want to change the world.

Edited by snaga
48 minutes ago, snaga said:

as a lesson in futility?

most right wingers just want to provide for their families/communities, and live their life in private, and allow others to do the same. Not really fertile ground for mass manipulation? sure there will be a few extremists, but poor returns really.

Where as the left ... they want to change the world.

I think that's lifted verbatim from the example on page 7 of 'psyops for dummies'

One thing which has become increasingly clear to me is that I will lose old friends not because I have cut them off, but because they have been conditioned by the media and I make them uncomfortable by challenging that conditioning with facts and views which are verboten.  I'm triggering cognitive dissonance, which is very uncomfortable for them.

31 minutes ago, wherebee said:

One thing which has become increasingly clear to me is that I will lose old friends not because I have cut them off, but because they have been conditioned by the media and I make them uncomfortable by challenging that conditioning with facts and views which are verboten.  I'm triggering cognitive dissonance, which is very uncomfortable for them.

I'm in this position with my parents. It's very difficult. It's almost like we have become two different species.

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

Are you gaining anything by doing this though? Probably not.

It may be easier not to mention politics.

47 minutes ago, spunko said:

Are you gaining anything by doing this though? Probably not.

It may be easier not to mention politics.

well, I do it because there are a lot of people out there who don't have a DOSBODS and think they are an island of sanity in a sea of insanity.  By speaking up I might help them.

I have had people PM me from other social groups and thank me for speaking out against something, because they were too scared to do so.  Often they have jobs where a whiff of non think would be death.

I have also had an aunt go from open borders fuzzies to posting 'fuck of we are full' type stuff on facebook in a year, because I took the time to talk to her about how she couldn't complain about her corner of england being built on if we were letting in 300,000 people a year.

I think staying silent is not an option, frankly spunko.