DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Decent cotton t-shirts

9 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Anyone recall the brand of cotton t-shirts that were recommended on here, or on TOS, a few years back? IIRC they were sold both on ebay and on the manufacturer's own site. Came in both round and v-neck shapes.

@Frank Hovis - was it you that posted the info?

If not, any decent cotton British made t-shirt recommendations anyone?

Not me but I probably posted on the thread as I used to buy a few very heavy cotton t-shirts in the US each time I went over.  I've run out so must go over again.

Best ones ever got were Diadora natural cotton at £2.99 each in the year 2000 from Sports Direct bought 10 of them and half a dozen are still going strong, if a little frayed around the collar 20 years later.

Thought I'd cracked it with Tom Cridland ones but they are not wearing as well as the old Diadora ones.

13 minutes ago, spunko said:

I still think superdry are the best in terms of longevity. Their cotton is thicker than other brands, the problem is that nowadays everyone seems to be wearing really loud looking t-shirts by them. 

Fruit Of The Loom are cheap and simple and should last a while.

The FOTL ones on eBay are rubbish. Counterfeit, perhaps?

I've just bought 5 't shirts with stuff on' .. Apparently this is a transformers ( robots in disguise)  t-shirt. Soft cotton. Comfy. Twenty quid. I don't normally get t-shirts people can read as it gives men as excuse to eye up the boobs but as we're probably never leaving the house again it'll not matter.

Just now, MrLibertyRedux said:

Remember their "still pristine" adverts from nearly thirty years ago?

Me and a mate ended up in a fountain outside a boozer late one saturday night when we took the jape a little too seriously...

I'm afraid not - but on that theme the Sta-Prest Levis ad with flat eric is the earliest clothes ad I remember 

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I've just bought 5 't shirts with stuff on' .. Apparently this is a transformers ( robots in disguise)  t-shirt. Soft cotton. Comfy. Twenty quid. I don't normally get t-shirts people can read as it gives men as excuse to eye up the boobs but as we're probably never leaving the house again it'll not matter.

I don't think we need an excuse.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Not me but I probably posted on the thread as I used to buy a few very heavy cotton t-shirts in the US each time I went over.  I've run out so must go over again.

It’s a different experience in the US..   Standard trousers fit my leg length,  it is easy to find quality, the price of quality is reasonable and the cut is usually quite good.

Cut back to the UK where if you don’t fork out the cost of a pedigree race horse you get cheap fabric, bad tailoring and something tacky scribbled down the side of it.

Too bad I can’t get across to the states often :CryBaby:

36 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Been browsing reviews of various brands on Amazon - seems hit and miss whether you get real or fakes, even from same sellers.

Commingling

Basically: you have a pair of Nike trainers. On Amazon 10 different companies sell them - all "fulfilled by Amazon" in other words all 10 companies send their shoes to the Amazon warehouse. Because they're the same product (same ID) Amazon makes no distinction and puts them all onto the same shelf. So if one of the 10 companies is flogging fakes, it's win-win:

1. They send fakes to the warehouse, but there's 9 chances out of 10 that a real product will be sent to a customer - ker-ching.
  2. All of their 9 competitors will be getting negative reviews on Amazon because their customers sometimes receive fakes.

I became aware of this - back on topic - a few years back when I purchased some Fruit Of The Look t-shirts from Amazon and they only lasted a few washes.