• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Long John Silver

Bbc sport what happened?

Dont really watch the beeb for news etc as i know how loaded it is but they used to pride themselves on the quality of their ad free sports coverage.

Radio coverage still very good and the athletics has been very watchable with the excellent Michael Johnson. 

The golf however !!!! First time in my life i switched off the coverage and simply followed the scores from the internet leaderboard.

the coverage was like amateur hour almost like theyd allowed first year film students practice how to cover a sporting event.

commentary made me want to cut my wrists through sheer dullness and ineptitude. They coukd go for hours without updating scores often just showing the top six or seven repeatedly which didnt change as they were nearly all in the clubhouse. 

Has everyone with any talent upped and joined sky ? 

4 minutes ago, Long John Silver said:

Dont really watch the beeb for news etc as i know how loaded it is but they used to pride themselves on the quality of their ad free sports coverage.

Radio coverage still very good and the athletics has been very watchable with the excellent Michael Johnson. 

The golf however !!!! First time in my life i switched off the coverage and simply followed the scores from the internet leaderboard.

the coverage was like amateur hour almost like theyd allowed first year film students practice how to cover a sporting event.

commentary made me want to cut my wrists through sheer dullness and ineptitude. They coukd go for hours without updating scores often just showing the top six or seven repeatedly which didnt change as they were nearly all in the clubhouse. 

Has everyone with any talent upped and joined sky ? 

I reckon the sports presenters should be a bit more amateurish, because they should be trying out new people all the time and paying little instead of paying millions to Lineker and the like. 

TV or radio?  I find the So-Called BBC radio coverage of golf to be excellent. It's actually better than watching it. Same as cricket really. 

13 minutes ago, BigV said:

TV or radio?  I find the So-Called BBC radio coverage of golf to be excellent. It's actually better than watching it. Same as cricket really. 

Agreed, test match special is an absolute joy to listen to.

9 hours ago, Hopeful said:

I must admit, I am impressed by this, especially Marianne

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-40886339

The photographer knows their stuff too.

For once you posted something to match your forum name! :P

Brilliant - maybe I'll compete one day, I could perhaps consider long jump but no way am I ever doing hurdles again!

17 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

For once you posted something to match your forum name! :P

Brilliant - maybe I'll compete one day, I could perhaps consider long jump but no way am I ever doing hurdles again!

I'm entering the over-50s nose-, ear-, and arse-hair triathlon.

I stand an excellent chance of winning now that Fatima Whitbread has pulled-out..!

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man