DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Just now, eight said:

You see the claim made in more TFH circles that viruses are only an unproven theory and that it is impossible to actually identify them. Anybody any idea what the basis of this is?

Well let's not go there. It has the ring of Icke and Qanon. My question simply is it LOOKS like my sister had it but the test said NO.

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

My sister, who I haven't seen since Christmas, due to coronavirus, thought she had coronavirus, complete with lack of taste, whilst she was furloughed off work. She later had one of the tests and is told she didn't have it at all.O.o Are these tests reliable?

Depends what test she had. Was it a 'have I got it now?' test that people are routinely getting - or the 'did I ever have it' antibody test - that not many people are having.

If it was test 1 - then she may have had it and got better, so it would be negative. 

9 minutes ago, NewryH said:

Depends what test she had. Was it a 'have I got it now?' test that people are routinely getting - or the 'did I ever have it' antibody test - that not many people are having.

If it was test 1 - then she may have had it and got better, so it would be negative. 

Could be negative for 2 as well, all depends on antibody build up in the first place - if T cells get going early then antibody response is not triggered in same way, then there is the fall off with antibodies over time - so timing the serology test is a factor, talking months as a significant time, the trigger level of the antibody test is also a factor. 

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Are these tests reliable?

My understanding is that the test is actual some sort of 'production facility' for viruses, and they look for clues and callsigns of the virus

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4102308/

PCR is a simple, yet elegant, enzymatic assay, which allows for the amplification of a specific DNA fragment from a complex pool of DNA. Dr. Kary Mullis, who discovered the PCR assay, stated it “lets you pick the piece of DNA you’re interested in and have as much of it as you want” (Mullis, 1990). PCR can be performed using source DNA from a variety of tissues and organisms, including peripheral blood, skin, hair, saliva, and microbes. Only trace amounts of DNA are needed for PCR to generate enough copies to be analyzed using conventional laboratory methods. For this reason, PCR is a sensitive assay.

I've been contacted by the ONS to be tested as part of an Oxford Uni study. As it involves a house visit and on-going testing over a year, I am not sure I want to participate. There is a couple of hundred quid of vouchers involved for doing it but they don't say where they can be used.

Will give them a call tomorrow and get more details but probably going to decline the tests.

I also don't trust the fuckers not to put something nasty, Bill Gates nasty, on the swab.

They are near on 100% accurate if it is the PCR tests. I invested in Novocyt at the start of the pandemic. There are two molecular PCR tests I believe on the market, either Novocyt or Roche which I believe the NHS use. My information is probably a couple months out of date however.

24030022c.jpg

14 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Bit of a gamble?

Let's say, it was a calculated gamble. I remember it was a sea of red as every stock was falling. Only a handful of stocks were rising during the dark days earlier this year, and this one NCYT stood out like a sore thumb, being one of the few risers.

In fact the easiest way to find a winner is when the stock market is crashing. It is harder to find a winner in "normal" times.

56 minutes ago, Oskar said:

I've been contacted by the ONS to be tested as part of an Oxford Uni study. As it involves a house visit and on-going testing over a year, I am not sure I want to participate. There is a couple of hundred quid of vouchers involved for doing it but they don't say where they can be used.

Will give them a call tomorrow and get more details but probably going to decline the tests.

I also don't trust the fuckers not to put something nasty, Bill Gates nasty, on the swab.

I wouldnt let some G4S / Serco scummer masquerading as "NHS"  stick a long handled cotton bud up my nostris. 

Apparently it can injure the blood brain barrier due to the depth they insert it, and also you are risking a detatched retina etc 

I bet all the injuries from the nasal swabbing have been quietly covered up and paid off. 

I've seen blood on the tip of the cotton bud swab when it is removed from the nasal passage (Oooer) 

Personally if somone is advancing on me armed with a swab intending to push it up into my blood brain barrier i'll break their fucking arm.

The government have banned the private sale of antibody tests, this is the only test you would want personally. 

They dont want people having it.

They want to force everyone to have the unreliable false positive PCR swab test to keep their shitty little game going,

Don't be part of the problem.

Edited by WorkingPoor
26 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I wouldnt let some G4S / Serco scummer masquerading as "NHS"  stick a long handled cotton bud up my nostris. 

Apparently it can injure the blood brain barrier due to the depth they insert it, and also you are risking a detatched retina etc 

I bet all the injuries from the nasal swabbing have been quietly covered up and paid off. 

I've seen blood on the tip of the cotton bud swab when it is removed from the nasal passage (Oooer) 

Personally if somone is advancing on me armed with a swab intending to push it up into my blood brain barrier i'll break their fucking arm.

The government have banned the private sale of antibody tests, this is the only test you would want personally. 

They dont want people having it.

They want to force everyone to have the unreliable false positive PCR swab test to keep their shitty little game going,

Don't be part of the problem.

I thought you loved this shitty little game going as it will spoil everyone's fun which will in turn lead to the proles revolution that you so dearly want. 

Or are you confused again...

21 minutes ago, ccc said:

I thought you loved this shitty little game going as it will spoil everyone's fun which will in turn lead to the proles revolution that you so dearly want. 

Or are you confused again...

No i want the revolution against this hoax. 

It's a catch 22 though and thats why i need the foreign holidays stopped.

Already explained this ad infinitum.

We need to roll with it, embrace it and above all "Accelerate" it

This is the way to win.

Example: Take the "trans rights" issue, bumble along treading on eggshells slowly having everything chipped away at, or.......

embrace & "Accelerate" it rapidly, having blokes going in womens changing rooms and toilets etc and all the women then kicking right off and riling up their menfolk. 

Do you see the way to win now? 

Another example would be the (alleged staged) picture that got all the women in europe hysterical and thus gained consensus to open the floodgates to 2 million economic migrants from north africa. 

Not studied propaganda and socual manipulation too much have you? It is a tactic as old as the hills and was used extensively by both sides in WW2. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
12 minutes ago, Harley said:

My friend received a home test kit.  Said there was a good chance of getting it wrong.  Not so much the swab, although bad enough, but the instructions and labels!

To be fair to the kit supplier, what you're omitting to tell us is that your friend is Helen Keller...

XYY

26 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

No i want the revolution against this hoax. 

It's a catch 22 though and thats why i need the foreign holidays stopped.

Already explained this ad infinitum.

We need to roll with it, embrace it and above all "Accelerate" it

This is the way to win.

Example: Take the "trans rights" issue, bumble along treading on eggshells slowly having everything chipped away at, or.......

embrace & "Accelerate" it rapidly, having blokes going in womens changing rooms and toilets etc and all the women then kicking right off and riling up their menfolk. 

Do you see the way to win now? 

Another example would be the (alleged staged) picture that got all the women in europe hysterical and thus gained consensus to open the floodgates to 2 million economic migrants from north africa. 

Not studied propaganda and socual manipulation too much have you? It is a tactic as old as the hills and was used extensively by both sides in WW2. 

Nope. Your just confused again. Or trolling. 

My money is on both. :D

11 hours ago, eight said:

You see the claim made in more TFH circles that viruses are only an unproven theory and that it is impossible to actually identify them. Anybody any idea what the basis of this is?

Medical science isn’t exactly candid about what it doesn’t know (a lot) and its spectacularly unillustrious past. In comparison with say Nuclear Physics, and the level of genuine understanding there, medicine isn’t close and is littered with quackery alarmingly late into the 20th century. I think this is part of the reason it reacts so violently to homeopathy, which I’m not saying necessarily has any merit, but this always reeks of misdirection.

I think this leaves fertile ground for Big Pharma conspiraloonery and anti-vaxxers. All of which have valid points but like with a lot of conspiraloonery it goes too sinister.

Having read quite a bit of the medical science history on viruses and what’s known. I’d personally find, at this stage in the game, the likelihood of a quick test for a specific virus about as likely to work as one of those red cellophane fortune telling fish, you put in the palm of your hand.

11 hours ago, eight said:

Viruses are pretty well understood, and have even been sequenced.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of “Prions”, which are on much more questionable footing?