DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

For your perusal ladies and gentlemen.

40 things to do on university campuses to encourage sustainability.

In one instance they measured how much water individual students were using for showers to encourage them to use less water.

Whole document obsessed with reducing meat consumption. I could go on.

Brought to you by the privatised/mutualised "Nudge Unit".

https://www.bi.team/

Document

https://www.bi.team/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/LBGN-2.pdf

Edited by MrLibertyRedux
spellink
15 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

For your perusal ladies and gentlemen.

40 things to do on university campuses to encourage sustainability.

In one instance they measured how much water individual students were using for showers to encourage them to use less water.

Whole document obsessed with reducing meat consumption. I could go on.

Brought to you by the privatised/mutualised "Nudge Unit".

https://www.bi.team/

Document

https://www.bi.team/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/LBGN-2.pdf

The important thing to remember about the  BIT was that it was set up as a branch of the Cabinet Office, paid for by you and me, then it was 'experimentally privatised' by, err, giving it away for pin money to the civil servant team who ran it. Within months it was valued at millions, so I believe. Kerrching.

Edited by Nippy

The behavioural manipulation stuff is really just perverse common sense and a slight adjustment of advertising psychology with bolt on machinery of state enforcement. I find the commissioning and execution elements to be more sinister. In the university example, my questions would be who asked some UN body to make decisions for them about their diet and what food packaging to consume? Also, when did students ask universities to alter their dietary and packaging consumption habits? No one and never would be the most likely answer.

I did a job in the house of a person that worked in some UN womens rights something or other organisation a while back and it was freaking bizarre. It was a completely pointless maintenance job on an appliance that had never been used and I got called back the next year to do the maintenance again even though it had again clearly not been used. She of course didn't pay cash and it took a load of calls to get paid both times. She was clearly single, although pictures of her with brown children in third world countries took pride of place alongside a rather large collection of pulp romance books. The only other decorations were framed posters for various UN womens rights conferences.  The strangest thing was how she spoke to me like a child despite being roughly the same age and my being a fairly articulate university graduate. I guess these people really do believe they have some sort of divinely appointed global leadership role. Educational establishments need to pack it in with this behaviour shaping as well, FFS just keep the undergraduates alive for the duration with some sort of pastoral arrangement and teach them employable skills, they're not asking or paying £50k for 3 years of destructive political indoctrination.

Edited by Caravan Monster

Can students afford meat nowadays? I had never eaten a mushroom, until I went off to college. They were exotic and foreign.

Also I disagree that eating meat is destructive. Cattle and sheep often live on very marginal land where nothing grows but grass. I did live in Aberdeen once you know. Looks pretty "green" to me. And where would brogues, and flying jackets come from?

Edited by MrPin
4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Your friend might be welcome here but my gut says too much hair left for his face to fit long term, really.

Goebbles was an anti-capitalist left wing academic, before he was "enlightened", a good short term career move, and he should have gone into advertising. Well, he did really I suppose.O.o

28 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Goebbles was an anti-capitalist left wing academic, before he was "enlightened", a good short term career move, and he should have gone into advertising. Well, he did really I suppose.O.o

"A Mars a day helps you work, rest and play" is one of his most famous quotations.

12 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Sinister bunch of cunts that think they know what’s best for everybody and are willing to use psychological manipulation, shaming and coersion to achieve their ends.

Hard to believe this is happening under the  Tories, then again maybe not.

Given the number of "Tories" who did their best to undermine Brexit, I'm not that surprised.  The Marxists have infiltrated everywhere. 

Edited by MvR
2 hours ago, MvR said:

Given the number of "Tories" who did their best to undermine Brexit, I'm not that surprised.  The Marxists have infiltrated everywhere. 

Europe has always been divisive within the Tory party. I know somebody who wrote a book on it.

8 hours ago, MrPin said:

Also I disagree that eating meat is destructive. Cattle and sheep often live on very marginal land where nothing grows but grass. I did live in Aberdeen once you know. Looks pretty "green" to me. 

You're right. It's only because they insist on feeding them grain it is "unsustainable". That's what they don't tell you. Not gonna grow much wheat on the headlands of Cornwall.