• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Tailgaters? Funny Bumper sticker

I guess you have to have been an evolutionary biologist working in the southern states of the US to really appreciate using this one

416276782_2beed42832_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by Hopeful

10 hours ago, eight said:

Tailgating seems particularly bad at the moment. Twice in recent weeks I've had to stop, get out and have a word with the culprits.

I'm surprised they stopped..  I would have thought they have been happy to get past you and carry on their merry way.

I don't usually dawdle so it doesn't tend to be much of a problem..  on the odd occasion I do fancy a slow bimble I will often pull over to let people past if it's convenient.  No point getting upset about it..  everyone does things at their own pace.

I've thought about putting a "I could slam my brakes on at any moment" sticker on the back of my car.  It might make  tailgaters think about how badly they are driving.

11 hours ago, eight said:

Tailgating seems particularly bad at the moment. Twice in recent weeks I've had to stop, get out and have a word with the culprits.

I'm curious. How did you manage this without it escalating? Or did it?

2 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

I'm curious. How did you manage this without it escalating? Or did it?

On both occasions it was in town in light traffic - I had vehicles ahead of me FFS, so it wasn't like getting past me would achieve anything. Yet people were driving so close (I estimate within 4ft @ 20-30 mph) that I had to slow down carefully just to be able to stop in order to tell them to fuck off. Neither of them could have got past as they were so close they would have had to have reversed, and they also had traffic behind them.... Youngish chavvy mongs in both instances.

I like to think I've done them both a favour even if they do think I'm a miserable old cunt.

Just now, eight said:

On both occasions it was in town in light traffic - I had vehicles ahead of me FFS, so it wasn't like getting past me would achieve anything. Yet people were driving so close (I estimate within 4ft @ 20-30 mph) that I had to slow down carefully just to be able to stop in order to tell them to fuck off. Neither of them could have got past as they were so close they would have had to have reversed, and they also had traffic behind them.... Youngish chavvy mongs in both instances.

I like to think I've done them both a favour even if they do think I'm a miserable old cunt.

Well done you. Though you realise it could have gone a lot worse?

There's some real feral apes out there would wouldn't think twice about nutting you for daring to question their driving prowess.

I remember a couple of instances where I've reciprocated in a childish way (slowing down to a crawl) that have resulted in the mong getting out to start something. In each case I've come out swinging, got straight out the car and made it clear that I wasn't going to be intimidated. If I'd have stayed in my car it would have 100% been a fist flying through my window. 

Last weekend I had some twunt in a Hyundai 'blobby' 4x4 tailgate me on a roundabout. Once I exited the roundabout onto a 60 mph road I put my foot down and during the sprint to 60 mph covered the smug bastard in a cloud of diesel clag. He kept his distance after that. Not something I wanted to make a habit of btw.

24 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Last weekend I had some twunt in a Hyundai 'blobby' 4x4 tailgate me on a roundabout. Once I exited the roundabout onto a 60 mph road I put my foot down and during the sprint to 60 mph covered the smug bastard in a cloud of diesel clag. He kept his distance after that. Not something I wanted to make a habit of btw.

I used to be able to do that, I used to save all my soot up and unleash it when a Merc or Audi was behind me, bonus points could be had if it was a convertible one with the top down.

Oooh despicable me.