Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Pret subscribe


Recommended Posts

Introducing your new coffee subscription

Launching 08.09.20. Your Barista is excited to see you again. And again. And again.

You can only redeem your subscription for one Eligible Product every 30 minutes up to a maximum of 5 Eligible Products per day. 

2.6. We only supply subscriptions for private and non-commercial use. We reserve the right at any time and in our sole discretion to verify a subscriber’s eligibility and compliance with these terms and conditions, including but not limited to, ensuring that the subscription is not being used for a commercial purpose. There is a limit of one subscription per person and subscriptions cannot be shared or exchanged.  Any Eligible Products redeemed using your subscription are for your personal consumption only.  

£20 a month? For up to 5 products a day?

3.1. Eligible Products. You will be able to redeem your subscription against the following products:   

3.1.1. Organic coffees, teas, hot chocolates, all iced drinks including iced coffees, cold brew, frappes and smoothies (except Cocoa, Almond Butter & Banana Smoothie, Raspberry, Mango & Ginger Smoothie, and Avocado, Mango and Ginger Smoothie), including any milk alternatives, syrups and extra coffee shots which have been prepared by a barista ("Eligible Products").  

So.

https://www.pret.co.uk/en-GB/YourPretTerms

A bargain if you're a coffee addict who works near a pret.

Or someone who wanted to support a homeless person could get them a subscription (provided the homeless person has a means of conveying the required QR code?)
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Introducing your new coffee subscription

Launching 08.09.20. Your Barista is excited to see you again. And again. And again.

You can only redeem your subscription for one Eligible Product every 30 minutes up to a maximum of 5 Eligible Products per day. 

2.6. We only supply subscriptions for private and non-commercial use. We reserve the right at any time and in our sole discretion to verify a subscriber’s eligibility and compliance with these terms and conditions, including but not limited to, ensuring that the subscription is not being used for a commercial purpose. There is a limit of one subscription per person and subscriptions cannot be shared or exchanged.  Any Eligible Products redeemed using your subscription are for your personal consumption only.  

£20 a month? For up to 5 products a day?

3.1. Eligible Products. You will be able to redeem your subscription against the following products:   

3.1.1. Organic coffees, teas, hot chocolates, all iced drinks including iced coffees, cold brew, frappes and smoothies (except Cocoa, Almond Butter & Banana Smoothie, Raspberry, Mango & Ginger Smoothie, and Avocado, Mango and Ginger Smoothie), including any milk alternatives, syrups and extra coffee shots which have been prepared by a barista ("Eligible Products").  

So.

https://www.pret.co.uk/en-GB/YourPretTerms

A bargain if you're a coffee addict who works near a pret.

Or someone who wanted to support a homeless person could get them a subscription (provided the homeless person has a means of conveying the required QR code?)
 

 

 

The only thing worse than buying Pret shit would be buying Pret shjt for some work n soap dodging  tramp cunt.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The only thing worse than buying Pret shit would be buying Pret shjt for some work n soap dodging  tramp cunt.

 

I like Pret their coffee isn't wonderful but it's alright ish. On Tuesday I bought an egg sandwich cost 2.09 and that's in an airport. Sandwich quality up there with M&S pisses all over sarnies from Smiths or Boots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Make sure you get your 5 a day at minimum 30mins spacing. Presumably when you get the eligble drink start drinking it and rejoin the queue? Baristas running multiple stopwatches or tracking on the card? 
 

Edit- dosboders- how would you in theory game the system?

Split the subscription with your office colleagues, and pop out at 30 minute intervals?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What sort of mong would sign up for this?

 

Oh yes, the sort who made up 90% of my colleagues at my last central London employer. The sort who at my current employer will go to the onsite costa and spend a few quid on hot coffee flavoured milk rather than avail themselves of the employer supplied free tea and coffee stations scattered all over the building. 
 

So most of the aspirational office workers I’ve met. 

0DDA86BE-CF4D-4B33-A82E-2E829DBEADCB.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Melchett said:

What sort of mong would sign up for this?

 

Oh yes, the sort who made up 90% of my colleagues at my last central London employer. The sort who at my current employer will go to the onsite costa and spend a few quid on hot coffee flavoured milk rather than avail themselves of the employer supplied free tea and coffee stations scattered all over the building. 
 

So most of the aspirational office workers I’ve met. 

0DDA86BE-CF4D-4B33-A82E-2E829DBEADCB.gif

Yeah it no one used them there wouldn't have been a four trillion pound industry of coffee shops around the country

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

Make sure you get your 5 a day at minimum 30mins spacing. Presumably when you get the eligble drink start drinking it and rejoin the queue? Baristas running multiple stopwatches or tracking on the card? 
 

Edit- dosboders- how would you in theory game the system?

  • work out the refund/cancellation system and see if there is a mismatch between cancellation from bank and cancellation at tills
  • stand outside the pret and offer to get people a coffee at a quid each.  5 per day means you make 5 quid a day, 60 quid a month, and it costs you 20 quid a month
  • have a club at work - 4 quid each per month and you each get a coffee a day
  • disable the electronic strip on the back of the card.  some food outlets have a policy of accepting damaged cards as long as the date on the front is OK and the person is polite.  Then cancel the bank payment 

not all of those may be legal.  DYOR. 

:Old:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Melchett said:

What sort of mong would sign up for this?

 

Oh yes, the sort who made up 90% of my colleagues at my last central London employer. The sort who at my current employer will go to the onsite costa and spend a few quid on hot coffee flavoured milk rather than avail themselves of the employer supplied free tea and coffee stations scattered all over the building. 
 

So most of the aspirational office workers I’ve met. 

0DDA86BE-CF4D-4B33-A82E-2E829DBEADCB.gif

I’d always go to a Costa over something with a kettle anywhere really.

I normally spend Costa points whenever there’s enough to cover the bill but you can only spend them in the shops and only the petrol station machines were open over lockdown. I accumulated over £50 of points in lockdown, which I’ve been trying to use up since the shops reopened but EATHO hasn’t helped.

I think that means I spent about £250 on Costas over lockdown so TBH just because it’s not something you’d be interested in it would work out very well for me if Costa instead of Pret did something the same over the course of a year so I’d be one such mong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, this seems quite a good deal for the right person. If you're working around the UK its not a lot of money to sit somewhere warm and bang away on the laptop for a few hours. It would also suit a housewife meeting her friends.

Most housewives since lockdown seem to all meet at the local gastropub and neck wine. They all clear out at 5pm with the kids in tow jump in the PCPmobile and go pick up hubby from the station. Suddenly gets very peaceful at that point.

I always imagine her jabbering on about how busy she's been and laugh to myself.

Edited by spunko
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Melchett said:

The sort who at my current employer will go to the onsite costa and spend a few quid on hot coffee flavoured milk rather than avail themselves of the employer supplied free tea and coffee stations scattered all over the building. 

Our office has free tea, instant and "bean to cup" machine coffee at stations around the building. Filter coffee in the canteen all day. And still they queue up at the poncy coffee shop franchise in the building to pay over the odds for some strange concoction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, this seems quite a good deal for the right person. If you're working around the UK its not a lot of money to sit somewhere warm and bang away on the laptop for a few hours. It would also suit a housewife meeting her friends.

I somehow conflated "bang away" and "housewife" onto the same line of text while skim reading that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This is the top deal on hotukdeals currently.

Apparently people have worked out how you can get 30 days free coffee and then you can cancel before being billed.

You mean the free month you get with it...

58 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Our office has free tea, instant and "bean to cup" machine coffee at stations around the building. Filter coffee in the canteen all day. And still they queue up at the poncy coffee shop franchise in the building to pay over the odds for some strange concoction.

They'd be better off buying a bottle of the flavour syrup they like. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems rather clever to me.

Lots of people will be working and normally getting one 'nice' coffee a day.  This'll cost way more than £20 a month.

But at the moment we've got a complexity -- they've been working from home for a while, and so have got used to their home coffee solution.  Pret needs to get them back into being used to having shop coffee.

At exactly the same time, we're moving into 'hard times' and people might be thinking of saving a few quid and getting a 'work coffee solution' -- an aeropress, say.  And the trouble is, if they don't get back to their shop bought coffee now, perhaps they never will. 

So this deal 'locks them in' as we go into recession, discouraging them from going 'aeropress'. 

Finally, people don't just get coffee -- they'll get a crappy sandwich as well (at full price).  So Pret won't lose as much profit as would be suggested from the lower income from coffee alone.

It won't even cost as much as you'd think -- The £20 seems cheap, but people are still working part time, so for many that £20 won't be a couple of coffees every working day, but perhaps only for three or four days a week.  That £20 is still a good deal.

Finally, it is just marketing (or perhaps an experiment) -- The contract isn't binding to either party, so if it doesn't work out Pret can just stop the offer or increase the price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Yeah it no one used them there wouldn't have been a four trillion pound industry of coffee shops around the country

More like a £10.53 industry now. Honestly it warms my heart to think all the wanky food and drink outlets being annihilated in london. Perhaps as a bonus it will encourage many of the miserable EUers who worked there to fuck off back home as well.

Edited by goldbug9999
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

More like a £10.53 industry now. Honestly it warms my heart to think all the wanky food and drink outlets being annihilated in london. Perhaps as a bonus it will encourage many of the miserable EUers who worked there to fuck off back home as well.

There is a certain kind of beauty in a perfectly poured flat white on a cold but blue Melbourne morning that philistines will never understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...