DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Things are returning to normal

MrPin

Out on the Essex-Aberdeen-Essex drive at the weekend, roads seemed totally back to normal. Service stations pretty fucked up, but so is everywhere retail these days?

Hotels pretty fucked and empty - no sign of the usual coachloads of tourists, especially no Chinese ones.

Edited by Melchett
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

That's London for you. It's never normal. Unfortunately we are subjected to a London-centric view, when I am 60 miles or more from a tube line.

There definitely is a London normal.  We shouldn't dismiss reports from personal experiences. I'm not quoting from a TFL press release.

But I do understand many  people have no contact with LDN and never wish to.

• Agree 2

Red Debt Redemption

I suspect we are more back to normal than we are being told. 

Some pubs in local village back to precovid non socially distance packed with the only difference lack of live music.

Media painting a virtual reality for anyone still caring to pay attention to it.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I can't think of another misorganised panic like this one. I expect there will be a documentary about it.

A documentary on the orchestrators beheadings would be welcome.

• Agree 5

Hail the Tripod

Over the weekend I have noticed that doctors and nurses are more or less ignoring social distancing restrictions just as much as (almost) everyone else at this stage.

I even had a few people shake hands in greeting and comment that it feels weird to have not done so for so long.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Enjoy it before the aftermath of this collides with a no deal Brexit in a perfect storm.

I’ve been buying up whisky in anticipation.

I can either sell it, use it as bribes or get thoroughly pissed on it.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, SNACR said:

Enjoy it before the aftermath of this collides with a no deal Brexit in a perfect storm.

The phony control aspects of the fake virus don't give me any hope of a no deal brexit sadly. The reptilians already have decided how they'll handle brexit.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, spunko said:

The phony control aspects of the fake virus don't give me any hope of a no deal brexit sadly. The reptilians already have decided how they'll handle brexit.

We are fucked, everything has been based on smoke and mirrors in the UK for the last 40 years. 

4 hours ago, chicker said:

Central London nothing like normal. Tubes still quiet at rush hour.

And to think soon there will be a high speed link to link those non existent Londoners from their ghost town up to Birmingham xD

• Agree 1

PatronizingGit
5 hours ago, Melchett said:

Out on the Essex-Aberdeen-Essex drive at the weekend, roads seemed totally back to normal. Service stations pretty fucked up, but so is everywhere retail these days?

Hotels pretty fucked and empty - no sign of the usual coachloads of tourists, especially no Chinese ones.

Had to drive Brum to pick up timber early morning. Slept in Car. No way am I giving money to the scum hotel chains housing illegals.

And then there's this gem

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/birmingham-coronavirus-outbreak-asylum-seekers-hostel-a4540776.html

• Agree 2

PatronizingGit
35 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

And to think soon there will be a high speed link to link those non existent Londoners from their ghost town up to Birmingham xD

When HS2 is eventually finished, what will the white British population of Brum be? 5%? 10%? 

Who are we building over our countryside for? Not the settled population, thats for sure. 

Of course, its more about a slush fund for tory donor construction barons than it is anything about 'transport' 

I'm sure if they could get away with it they'd just build the 'worlds deepest hole' just to keep Mowlem et al directors in the luxury they are accustomed to.

• Agree 3

39 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Ace, a choice of shit-holes in which to be stabbed!

5 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

Gotta keep cranking up the fear.

The comments on that article are 90% sceptic.

Edited by Popuplights
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Gotta keep cranking up the fear

Everyone can see it's mostly over. Even civil servants have been told to go to their desks.

• Lol 1