Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Suffolk going all londonistan. Schoolboy shot on way to school


Recommended Posts

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-kesgrave-armed-police-attend-22640672

A Year 11 student is believed to have been injured in a shooting on their way to school in Ipswich this morning.

Armed police rushed to the scene after residents heard a gunshot at roughly 8.40am. Kesgrave High School said one of its Year 11 students was involved in a "serious incident" on their way to school.

A mum said her daughter and other children ran home in terror after hearing gunfire and a woman screaming "run, someone has been shot".

Parents said the school and a nursery were put on "lockdown".

Paramedics were seen treating a person on a stretcher as police told residents in Kesgrave, Suffolk, to stay inside their homes and urged others to avoid the area.

An air ambulance took off from the scene just before 10am after police sealed off surrounding roads and said they were dealing with a "major incident" in the town.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The paper gives a very helpful description of the attacker: the man appeared to be in his mid-20s and "looked like he hadn't had a haircut for a while".

My guess is some sort of pikey, or rural-chav rather than an enricher. If it was a gang thing or county lines or something it would have more likely been a group of 'men' in a BMW down from London.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The paper gives a very helpful description of the attacker: the man appeared to be in his mid-20s and "looked like he hadn't had a haircut for a while".

My guess is some sort of pikey, or rural-chav rather than an enricher. If it was a gang thing or county lines or something it would have more likely been a group of 'men' in a BMW down from London.

Looked like he hadn't had a haircut in a while might just mean someone who was being careful about Corona.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

The paper gives a very helpful description of the attacker: the man appeared to be in his mid-20s and "looked like he hadn't had a haircut for a while".

My guess is some sort of pikey, or rural-chav rather than an enricher. If it was a gang thing or county lines or something it would have more likely been a group of 'men' in a BMW down from London.

Perhaps. Though the Nigerian clans seem to have been working their way up the A12 over the last decade and a half, starting in East London and recently, if my observations are anything to go by, getting as far as Ipswich and Colchester. (I was shocked at just how many africans milling around on street corners there were in central colchester back early in the year....5/10  years back it was basically entirely white.)

Edited by PatronizingGit
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Perhaps. Though the Nigerian clans seem to have been working their way up the A12 over the last decade and a half, starting in East London and recently, if my observations are anything to go by, getting as far as Ipswich and Colchester. (I was shocked at just how many africans milling around on street corners there were in central colchester back early in the year....5/10  years back it was basically entirely white.)

Both Colchester and Ipswich are fairly well enriched now, a lot of them are Roma gypsies I think. Parts of Ipswich look fairly similar to Romanian villages now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Both Colchester and Ipswich are fairly well enriched now, a lot of them are Roma gypsies I think. Parts of Ipswich look fairly similar to Romanian villages now.

I went to school in Colchester, still go back sometimes because of family links etc. 
 

Its gone from minor league tourist Destination to full on shithole. It saddens me enormously.

Ipswich OTOH was always a shithole.

Edited by Melchett
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I went to school in Colchester, still go back sometimes because of family links etc. 
 

Its gone from minor league tourist Destination to full on shithole. It saddens me enormously.

Ipswich OTOH was always a shithole.

What are the demographics like?  %

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Melchett said:

I went to school in Colchester, still go back sometimes because of family links etc. 
 

Its gone from minor league tourist Destination to full on shithole. It saddens me enormously.

Ipswich OTOH was always a shithole.

Oddly enough I'd say the opposite! Colchester never seems to have had much of a centre, it's like a cathedral city such as Norwich or Lincoln but without a cathedral or any of the nice old central parts . Ipswich has more of that cathedral-close feel, although it doesn't actually have a cathedral, but it does have nice old lanes, Christchurch Park etc.

It's always puzzled me why Colchester never took off as a London commuter town as it's only an hour from Liverpool St and has lots of (potentially) nice old town centre houses. Instead it just seems to be full of EEs, Chinese students and Turkish kebab shops. I guess it's just that little bit too far away from London and the City snobs tend not to like Essex.

I also wouldn't say either Colchester or Ipswich were full-on enriched sh*tholes either, they're not like Luton for example.

Edited by Austin Allegro
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I also wouldn't say either Colchester or Ipswich were full-on enriched sh*tholes either, they're not like Luton for example.

I wasnt necessarily referring to their state of enrichment, just the general vibes of those places.

How can you not fucking like Colchester? Its a fairytale fucking place, the castle, the roman walls, the swans, the canals....? ;)

And yes, well, Luton is a special case, south of Bradford and north of Watford. Tis a stygian pit best avoided.

Edited by Melchett
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

No they are not. I guess some never travel much.

Hey, Chelmsford has gone really up in the world in recent years. And it has a cathedral.

Nevertheless, a more soulless depressing place you'd struggle to find outside of a Heironomous Bosch painting.

Edited by Melchett
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I wasnt necessarily referring to their state of enrichment, just the general vibes of those places.

How can you not fucking like Colchester? Its a fairytale fucking place, the castle, the roman walls, the swans, the canals....? ;)

And yes, well, Luton is a special case, south of Bradford and north of Watford. Tis a stygian pit best avoided.

I stayed at Tolleshunt D’Arcy for a week and thought Colchester and the surrounding area was lovely. It was a long time ago though, just after Jeremy Bamber was convicted of murdering his family so probably mid 80’s. 

Sometimes I think it would be nice to revisit places I went to many years ago and other times I think don’t bother due to seeng the decline of other places I’ve visited more over the years.

 

Edited by Van Lady
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

I stayed at Tolleshunt D’Arcy for a week and thought Colchester and the surrounding area was lovely. It was a long time ago though, just after Jeremy Bamber was convicted of murdering his family so probably mid 80’s. 

Sometimes I think it would be nice to revisit places I went to many years ago and other times I think don’t bother due to seeng the decline of other places I’ve visited more over the years.

 

The area around Colchester is still very nice. Mersea Island, for example, is beautiful at any time of year and has a sort of micro-climate that makes it feel  more like central France (it is also known for its wine production). The city itself is just a bit depressing. Apart from the old medieval quarter and the Castle park the rest is mostly vape shops, kebab shops, tattoo parlours, nail bars etc and the main industry is a military prison!

Chelmsford just seems to me like one of those outer London towns that is really just a suburb of London, like Croydon. Even the cathedral isn't 'real' but is a parish church that was re-designated in the 20s.

Edited by Austin Allegro
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...