DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Shit, me photo licence expired yesterday...!

I remembered this morning that my photo driving licence runs out this month. I thought it was at the end of the month.

Well I've just checked it, and it expired yesterday. 

I thought I'd get a reminder in the post, but we haven't had one. 

So what do I do now...? I can go to the main post office in Peterlee to get the forms and my new photo taken - but am I OK to drive there...? 

Or have the rules been relaxed/suspended due to COVID...?

Anyone know what the craic is...

XYY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good work if you can get it isn't it? And many of these types will flat out refuse to return to work for the forseeable - I can honestly see this dragging on for a year or two at this point. A 1-

DVLA is on Covid holiday. My youngest Applied for her license back in April, and it’s gone into a black hole. Impossible to contact them and ask wtf is going on, too. Bunch of useless tosser

I worked there back in the day. Unbelievable. They called it the holiday camp. A massive building like the Borg cube devoted not to assimilation but to pure unadulterated paper shuffling. My bosses, a

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I remembered this morning that my photo driving licence runs out this month. I thought it was at the end of the month.

So what do I do now...? I can go to the main post office in Peterlee to get the forms and my new photo taken - but am I OK to drive there...? 

XYY

If you have a valid passport do it online. No photo required as they use the one digitised for the passport.

Edited by Virgil Caine
7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Renewed mine online the other month. £14. Quite easy especially if you have a new format passport that they can lift the photo from.

21 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

I think you’re okay for 11 months. I’m in the same boat.

If your licence expires before 31 December 2020

Your driving licence or entitlement to drive will be automatically extended for 11 months if it is due to expire between 1 February and 31 December 2020.

This is because of coronavirus (COVID-19). You will not receive a new licence.

The extension will start from the date your licence is due to expire.

Edited by Transistor Man
21 minutes ago, Transistor Man said:

I think you’re okay for 11 months. I’m in the same boat.

If your licence expires before 31 December 2020

Your driving licence or entitlement to drive will be automatically extended for 11 months if it is due to expire between 1 February and 31 December 2020.

This is because of coronavirus (COVID-19). You will not receive a new licence.

The extension will start from the date your licence is due to expire.

Cheers for that, guess I can relax then.

I thought I might have to walk up the Co-op for my whisky...

XYY

16 minutes ago, eight said:

Yes. But when you pass your test that's it until your seventy, or banned. How does the physical license make any difference?

I agree; there may be a technical penalty for having an expired photo-licence but it's not a requirement for driving rather as a form of photo-id.

Though it may just be best to buy a kayak tbh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Darwin_disappearance_case

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Er, the paper ones were phased out a few years back. As far as I aware it's photocards only these days...

XYY

Yep, I had a paper one with my parents' address upon it from passing my licence to their moving a few years ago.

When I had to update the address then a photocard licence was the only offered option.