DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.longcovid.org/ Is it a parody? Apparently not. These young, healthy COVID-19 survivors face long-term issues

Having lingering symptoms 3 months after a reasonably serious illness isn't that unusual.  You'd find similar after flu.  You'd also find similar after having a general anaesthetic, decent dose of ant

I'm sure this happens but the overall point is they are the rare exception and not the rule.  Otherwise we know all our hospitals would be overflowing with these patients - and it's an undeniable

Posted Images

Here's some fit looking younger burds saying the same thing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-54061930

Is Covid the revenge on the women who invented the (entirely fabricated IMO) term Manflu? The one that enables them to take time off all the time while still claiming men are malingerers?

I have yet to see any article about a man complaining of Long Covid except the bloke who is still in a coma married to some female presenter, and he can't complain yet, still asleep.

But loads of women going on about it.

Or maybe the BBC just thinks men can fuck off and die if they're not trans or a refugee and just doesn't mention them being sick too, 

Having lingering symptoms 3 months after a reasonably serious illness isn't that unusual.  You'd find similar after flu.  You'd also find similar after having a general anaesthetic, decent dose of antibiotics or surgery.  It might be unusual to have lingering symptoms for 12 months and beyond after such an illness -- but the suggestion is that these symptoms are just going to keep on going.

The funny thing is, no-one is talking about the potential long term consequences of having had a vaccine that hasn't been tested for the usual time periods, and where the disease itself might be benign (in actually healthy young people).  It  isn't as though poorly tested vaccines haven't caused problems in the past (just look at the complication rate for vaccine trials).

Edited by dgul
44 minutes ago, dgul said:

Having lingering symptoms 3 months after a reasonably serious illness isn't that unusual.  You'd find similar after flu.  You'd also find similar after having a general anaesthetic, decent dose of antibiotics or surgery.  It might be unusual to have lingering symptoms for 12 months and beyond after such an illness -- but the suggestion is that these symptoms are just going to keep on going.

The funny thing is, no-one is talking about the potential long term consequences of having had a vaccine that hasn't been tested for the usual time periods, and where the disease itself might be benign (in actually healthy young people).  It  isn't as though poorly tested vaccines haven't caused problems in the past (just look at the complication rate for vaccine trials).

I'm pretty sure she's milking it for all it's worth though. Seems to be in the daily mail sidebar of shame an awful lot lately...

Just realised I've quoted the wrong reply. I meant Kate Garreway.

23 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I'd also imagine there would be an overlap between this and general mental stress/depression caused by the lockdown. People may be misdiagnosing this as a direct affect of the virus.

Not to mention the physical effects of spending most of the day sitting at home eating crisps and not getting their previous exercise of walking from the station carpark to the train or from the office fridge to their desks.

I have friend early 60's pre-covid walked 3 miles most days up/down a big hill into town for shopping. She has underlying conditions asthma, and pituitary problem but she's not fat. She got covid and could hardly get off the settee for at least a month. Some weeks later her husband told me she was getting much better and could carry two cups on a tray, from the kitchen to the lounge. Her doctor has told her she has long covid and it will take 6 months for her to get anywhere near normal.

14 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I have friend early 60's pre-covid walked 3 miles most days up/down a big hill into town for shopping. She has underlying conditions asthma, and pituitary problem but she's not fat. She got covid and could hardly get off the settee for at least a month. Some weeks later her husband told me she was getting much better and could carry two cups on a tray, from the kitchen to the lounge. Her doctor has told her she has long covid and it will take 6 months for her to get anywhere near normal.

Maybe there are some genuine claimants but has she had a test for Covid? otherwise forgive me but I just assume Bennie chancer

Just now, Errol said:

There are plenty of long covid sufferers who were seriously fit people - to the point of being athletes. They suffer fatigue and breathlessness etc 4-5 months after 'recovery'.

Plenty? surely that's not statistical.

15 minutes ago, spunko said:

Maybe there are some genuine claimants but has she had a test for Covid? otherwise forgive me but I just assume Bennie chancer

Plenty? surely that's not statistical.

The couple don't claim any bennies, pre-retirement and don't work but they have means.

Her doctor described her lungs as rattling but sent her home and told her to call an ambulance if she got any worse. The next night she went downhill very quickly and couldn't breathe, her husband called the ambulance and when it took her away he though he might never see her again. They are genuine people and have nothing to gain by telling lies.

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

The couple don't claim any bennies, pre-retirement and don't work but they have means.

Her doctor described her lungs as rattling but sent her home and told her to call an ambulance if she got any worse. The next night she went downhill very quickly and couldn't breathe, her husband called the ambulance and when it took her away he though he might never see her again. They are genuine people and have nothing to gain by telling lies.

I'm sure this happens but the overall point is they are the rare exception and not the rule. 

Otherwise we know all our hospitals would be overflowing with these patients - and it's an undeniable fact - even amongst all the fear and propaganda - that this just did not happen.

23 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I'm not denying that she's ill, but she hasn't had a covid test as per your reply so why does everyone assume she's got Long Covid and not, say, emphysema? bizarre.

10 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm sure this happens but the overall point is they are the rare exception and not the rule. 

Otherwise we know all our hospitals would be overflowing with these patients - and it's an undeniable fact - even amongst all the fear and propaganda - that this just did not happen.

She was only in hospital a short time but did have to go back in again later but the second time they got her breathing better much quicker and she didn't have to stay in. Her asthma may be the problem here.

I think it happened to old or already ill folk. In the UK only 303 under the age of 40 have died with covid mentioned on the death certificate (so it might not even be the main cause). We had the wrong message in protect the NHS. It should have been protect old folk, particularly in care homes.

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm not denying that she's ill, but she hasn't had a covid test as per your reply so why does everyone assume she's got Long Covid and not, say, emphysema? bizarre.

Her doctor in the hospital told her she had covid after listening to her lungs and doing an x-ray. This was early on when they were short of tests and sending old folk back to care homes untested. Later on she had a test at her GP's drop in centre in the surgery car park. That test was negative but they told her the test only shows as positive early on when they are most infectious.