DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

External Wall Insulation - DOSBODS Views (Not Inc XYY)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Years ago, when I was a young materials buyer, with my first big job, I mistakenly ordered dense concrete blocks for the outside leaf, and lightweight insulating ones for the inside leaf.  Standard pr

The plan had been that I provide the interest free finance from my savings although I baulked at the idea of spending 45K. It simply wont happen now. I am not providing my money to pay for an expensiv

I had a similar build, best investment was a £10 "James Bond" infrared pen thermometer from Maplins, great for finding coldspots around the rooms before upgrading the insulation. The main bits I had

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

The few quid we save on gas will go towards paying for a new bumper for the neighbour. Wife just reversed into a stationary car. Last December we had to pay off someone else she pulled into on the M25. Our annual settlement of bills of this nature is now over a £1000 a year. She said put it through the insurance. My reply is if we start putting 3-4 claims a year through we will rapidly become uninsurable. 

And she wants to buys a £45K range rover. :ph34r:

Well, you did say, but another one this soon? Ouch. Good luck!

15 minutes ago, onlyme said:

I think she maybe accepting she cant drive as she frequently reverses into stationary objects. 

2014 - her Corolla into my Yaris (fortunately no significant damage)

2016 - Our Qashqai into the estate agents car on our driveway.

2017 $500 (oz) dollar speeding fine

2018 Reversed our Auris into nursery wall

2018 $300 (oz ) speeding fine

2019. Tore open tyre on Auris driving out of garage and catching the tyre on the garage frame. New tyre £70. Managed to repair the garage door with a crowbar and blowlamp (to soften the metal) 

2019 - collision with vehicle on M25 at about 5mph. £420 cash settlement

2020 reversed into neighbours stationary Ford Kuga - big dent in bumper and loads of paint taken off

On top of this - scratches down the doors and on each corner of the car. 

NS wing mirror smashed (currently glued together by me).

I said the car is worth about half what it should be 

3 hours ago, onlyme said:

The plan had been that I provide the interest free finance from my savings although I baulked at the idea of spending 45K. It simply wont happen now. I am not providing my money to pay for an expensive car and then watch it get systematically smashed to pieces within a year or two. Furthermore if she cant drive an Auris Estate imagine the situation in a medium - large SUV:PissedOff:

She keep saying put it through the insurance as if thats a cost free option. I pointed out that as we have a £400 excess its not worth going through the insurance to get maybe £100 and then lose the NCB etc. 

On 11/09/2020 at 22:10, sarahbell said:

I always wondered why they made them like this

Screenshot_20200911-220914.png

Where I've seen this in local houses the wood lap or clay tiling is only beneath the windows and is done for cheapness because timber is used behind. I can't see how timber frame could be used in the photo above. It wouldn't take the weight of bricks above it would it, unless an RSJ spanned the entire front, in which case there is no cost saving at all?