DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Got pulled over today, 1st time in years.Car got pounded even though i disagreed, insurance had lapsed, nothing wrong with the car MOT and tax. Went down to the local car pound, hung around with the crims and EE trying to get the mopeds back, no luck, have to go back tomorrow. Fucking sick of the plod now in London, they can fuck themselves. I AINT PAYING NO MORE TAX.

11 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Got pulled over today, 1st time in years.Car got pounded even though i disagreed, insurance had lapsed, nothing wrong with the car MOT and tax. Went down to the local car pound, hung around with the crims and EE trying to get the mopeds back, no luck, have to go back tomorrow. Fucking sick of the plod now in London, they can fuck themselves. I AINT PAYING NO MORE TAX.

Are you black?  

Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

Horrible white 50 something, i have no chance.

What did they impound the car for?  Remember a few years ago, the ex parked his car in a bay in Waltham Forest and used the wrong ticket. He had some resident or business tickets which he got through work as he was out on site for the borough. The cost of them was exactly the same as the ticket he should have displayed. 

anyhow, within minutes, the money grabbing bastards had the car u on a row truck and iiirc the fne was 250 to get the car out of the pound. Plus the parking fine. o.O

Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

My insurance had run out.Thats fair enough but they said the car had to be towed to a police car store £200 to get it back. I did mention i had no insurance but the car was legal, my wife could pick it up but no, tow it away boys.

Money making scam. Oop north, they g for the speeding tickets. A couple of miles over and they charge you. 

1 minute ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Thats what i thought. I am as angry as hell, as you can tell but, i told the plod i aint working and paying taxes for this shit.

I’m sure I’ve told this story. 

on a picket line. We had to inform plod of industrial action. There were loads of scabs, even amongst the Union members. We were nt allowed by law to hinder the access to the site. 

so, loads of people had crossed our picket line (postie was very good and refused to cross to deliver the mail). Then plod hoves into view. My mind went to places like oargreave and i wondered how it would go.  Plod pulled their car across the site entrance, thus blocking it. Wound down window to say, it’s ok for you, we are not allowed to strike. Chatted for about 20 minutes and in that time there was a massive line of scabs waiting to enter the site.  Plod looked in mirror at the massive line of cars and said, our work here is done and drove off. xD

a bit of solidarity there. Respect. 

On 10/09/2020 at 23:10, One percent said:

Money making scam. Oop north, they g for the speeding tickets. A couple of miles over and they charge you. 

Really? I thought the rule is +10%?  I mostly drive 75-80 displayed these days, which should be 75 max actual, and never been caught. 

I assume this is just police with speed gun as stationary camera shouldn't trigger. 

On 10/09/2020 at 23:08, Bobthebuilder said:

My insurance had run out.Thats fair enough but they said the car had to be towed to a police car store £200 to get it back.

Yes, that is correct. You shouldn't drive with no insurance. Was the car stuffed with drugs, burglary tools, and illegal firearms like on those "informative" police reality shows?

35 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Really? I thought the rule is +10%?  I mostly drive 75-80 displayed these days, which should be 75 max actual, and never been caught. 

I assume this is just police with speed gun as stationary camera shouldn't trigger. 

Police with specially kitted out vans. 31 or 32 in a 30 zone and off to the charged re-education camp

1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

Thanks, this is a useful reminder. Very easy to go couple of miles over as it's not normally enforced

Two main locations near here where they sit, both unusual situations, both on hills, both very wide roads. in fact dual carriageways, (makes perspective and speed observation very much more deceiving than usual, one speed limit 30in what you would normally thing would be a 40 the other 50 in what would normally one a 60. At least half at course caught at those two points. Don't know of any accidents on those stretches.

Traffic police not liked by the normal police. Can't think why.

11 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Really? I thought the rule is +10%?  I mostly drive 75-80 displayed these days, which should be 75 max actual

Download the GPS Test app on your phone and check. I assumed the speedo on my mate's Audi would be overreading by at least 5-7%, turned out it's <3%. One of my cars barely overreads at all, turns out that the previous owner had fitted 70 section tyres, stock is 65.

6 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

So, went to the car pound and qued up, 4 fuckin hours, was like a prison, designed to be a punishment. But met every chav cunt twat in the area while i was there.

I love the Police 1st album. Yeah Stings a twat, drummer a yank and the guitarist is from fucking Bournemouth, but that 1st album is a great noise.

12 minutes ago, Rave said:

Download the GPS Test app on your phone and check. I assumed the speedo on my mate's Audi would be overreading by at least 5-7%, turned out it's <3%. One of my cars barely overreads at all, turns out that the previous owner had fitted 70 section tyres, stock is 65.

I drive with phone's GPS, so can confirm clio mk3 definitely over-states it.  When my tyres wear out (if it's still running!), I am planning to go up in diameter, so that fifth gear doesn't feel as short..  Still within spec in manual, would be fun to put even bigger ones on but probably not allowed for insurance etc

On 10/09/2020 at 22:38, Bobthebuilder said:

Looks like I’m not paying any tax either lol