DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Denial....Anger...Acceptance. Where are you on the scale?

So......The 3 stages of grief.....

Denial Anger Acceptance.

I see it this way:

Denial: those who are jetting off abroad getting stitched up by HMGov and wailing to the media, they wanted to believe things could carry on without change.

Anger: self employed van man  / IT contractor white hot with rage, was "at it" with the tax declarations and got fuck all from the public purse because of it and his business is wrecked. 

Also people who realised burying their head in the sand and hoping it would all be over by christmas was delusional at best and they now realise them and theirs lives will be forever blighted by this pandemic (truth / charade or hoax immaterial)

Acceptance: accept the one man cannot influence the decisions of those in power and will be beaten by the brainwased mob, and suck it up and comply like a good little taxpaying citizen. Maybe go down the bill gates / illuminati / they want us to riot so we shouldn't crap that is being peddled by online shills. 

So.......where are you on the scale? 

And is there a fourth option ? 

One thing is certain....no-one is getting out of this before 2023 under current public compliance with diktat. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or should they be: compliance frustration / fatigue disobedience   Most people went along to start with because it seemed serious. Then they got frustrated as the severit

I'm at the not really giving a fuck stage that I was at long before this nonsense even began.  Breaking the "rules" where and when I can. Not because I want to kill grannies, but because all thes

Bit of all three really. Denial - coming from West of Scotland the last three months has been really, really shit for weather. It's never great, but June, July, August and September so far have a

On your scale Acceptance, but only this bit

accept the one man cannot influence the decisions of those in power and will be beaten by the brainwased mob,

I want to try to pedict what will happen biologically in order to understand how society may respond so I can stay ahead of the game to maximise my liberty and fnancial stabilty.

5 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Or should they be:

compliance

frustration / fatigue

disobedience

Most people went along to start with because it seemed serious.

Then they got frustrated as the severity appeared exaggerated and many of the rules and restrictions illogical, unnecessary or contradictory.

Finally large groups will be flouting the rules (though perhaps not publicly/openly) and everything will get very “prohibition” and “underground”.

Very good.

That's actually how I see it playing out among a sector of society,

How large that sector is could be important as it could be our undoing.

Edited by Hopeful
1 hour ago, Stuey said:

Civil disobedience stage.

Left the country stage.

Norway has "restrictions" but instead of ordering people what to do (or not do) they ask nicely and explain why they think it's a good idea.

People generally comply even if they don't agree with the reasoning because they want to (the requests are less onerous than the rules in the UK.) 

Mrs O5 and I are in quarantine for 10 days after a recent UK trip. Working from home, still allowed out for exercise, grocery shopping etc.

We can still go places in the car as long as we don't interact with crowds and stay 1metre from others.

The impact on us is we'll miss one Saturday night out and I can't get the haircut I need for another week, big deal.

It's this dumbing down in the media and having to second guess what is going on and why.  Just all leaves a bad taste to me I can imagine other places are more grown up or transparent.

I heard yesterday that there was mention of a possible 10pm curfew.  Think this seems to be how it's working, get some advisor or expert on to hint at such measures to try to soften up the populace or maybe guage responses idk.  Just seems very indirect and annoying way to run the country.  Maybe it's always been as such and I'm just paying more attention now.

39 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Left the country stage.

Norway has "restrictions" but instead of ordering people what to do (or not do) they ask nicely and explain why they think it's a good idea.

People generally comply even if they don't agree with the reasoning because they want to (the requests are less onerous than the rules in the UK.) 

Mrs O5 and I are in quarantine for 10 days after a recent UK trip. Working from home, still allowed out for exercise, grocery shopping etc.

We can still go places in the car as long as we don't interact with crowds and stay 1metre from others.

The impact on us is we'll miss one Saturday night out and I can't get the haircut I need for another week, big deal.

To be fair you did leave well before all this nonsense kicked off so you can't really claim that one :D

4. In your own bubble.

Passed your 3 stages a long time ago before covid. No point in stressing about things you cannot change, when the vast majority are happy with the status quo. Just try to contribute as little to their system as possible.

Edited by Democorruptcy
2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

4. In your own bubble.

Passed your 3 stages a long time ago before covid. No point in stressing about things you cannot change, when the vast majority are with the status quo. Just try to contribute as little to their system as possible.

Yep, I have recently moved to the coast as I don’t want the hassle of being fully locked down in the middle of a city again (they are going to do it - for whatever reason, they WANT to do another lockdown). As you put it demo, I am creating my own little bubble down here and have the great outdoors right on my doorstep this time around as I let this illiberal nightmare play out.

6 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm at the not really giving a fuck stage that I was at long before this nonsense even began. 

Breaking the "rules" where and when I can. Not because I want to kill grannies, but because all these rules are bullshit based on disinformation. 

I've been at about stage 5 for months now and am a bit bemused about exactly what it is about Boris's latest that has finally caused a more tangible flipping amongst the general public.

Just now, eight said:

I've been at about stage 5 for months now and am a bit bemused about exactly what it is about Boris's latest that has finally caused a more tangible flipping amongst the general public.

It's certainly raised the "what the fuck" level in many of the "middle" ground. 

Similar in Scotland with Sturgeon. 

It's the basic lack of dead or even sick people that's finally getting some people's brains to engage imo. 

13 minutes ago, DownwardSpiral said:

Yep, I have recently moved to the coast as I don’t want the hassle of being fully locked down in the middle of a city again (they are going to do it - for whatever reason, they WANT to do another lockdown). As you put it demo, I am creating my own little bubble down here and have the great outdoors right on my doorstep this time around as I let this illiberal nightmare play out.

That is very much the way to do it although you need to have put in the years in the city first in order to have the option.

Other than being irritated about the mass stupidity the restrictions only have a very minor effect upon me and overall I would say that I have had more benefit than downside from the unholy mess.

11 minutes ago, eight said:

Is it that the rule of six has hit the middle classes, most of whom have been relatively unscathed thus far.

Just now, Wight Flight said:

Is it that the rule of six has hit the middle classes, most of whom have been relatively unscathed thus far.

The only thing I can think of is that a state of equilibrium had been reached where people were tolerating the restrictions. Any further authoritarian push might have got the same reaction. As I said, I'm a bit confused.

11 minutes ago, ccc said:

It's certainly raised the "what the fuck" level in many of the "middle" ground. 

Similar in Scotland with Sturgeon. 

It's the basic lack of dead or even sick people that's finally getting some people's brains to engage imo. 

That I would say is the big difference between CV19 and the flu.

They both are fatal to people who are already very unwell or frail and as such people tend to already be in nursing homes, care homes or hospitals then unless they are relatives you aren't going to know about it.

With flu however most years I am going to know people who are seriously unwell; and I have been there myself.

From my direct experience and knowledge there is one very bad virus out there and it is influenza.

CV19 isn't a bad 'flu; it's a very weak one.

1 hour ago, Dogtania said:

It's this dumbing down in the media and having to second guess what is going on and why.  Just all leaves a bad taste to me I can imagine other places are more grown up or transparent.

I heard yesterday that there was mention of a possible 10pm curfew.  Think this seems to be how it's working, get some advisor or expert on to hint at such measures to try to soften up the populace or maybe guage responses idk.  Just seems very indirect and annoying way to run the country.  Maybe it's always been as such and I'm just paying more attention now.

That YouGov poll claiming 60% across all age ranges want a curfew 'to stop covid' strikes me as made up utter bullshit.

1 hour ago, Option5 said:

requests are less onerous than the rules in the UK.) 

Normal for Oldham at the moment 

Edited by sarahbell