• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

They really seem to be on a roll today:

"Unions criticise 1% pay rise for public sector workers" - Main image a dentist and first sentence "NHS staff, doctors, dentists and armed forces personnel will receive an average 1% increase in basic pay". My mates next door neighbour is a dentist, has a Ferrari in his garage. Girl I used to know dad was a dentist, owns a house worth close to a million. I know a few doctors, they aren't short a bob or two either. How about we talk about the sickening sums the So-Called BBC managers and directors earn or the so called "talent"?

"Do these 29 white men run America?" - Why is it ok to be racist against whites and sexist about men? Would they ever run the same story "Do these 29 black women run America?".Why mention the colour of their skin or gender?

Why are the So-Called BBC such scum bags?

I will have  a look at the website to find out what I should be thinking about. It helps in anticipating the topics of conversation that you will hear in a working day. People need their opinion fed to them it stops them having to think for themselves.

I guess the articles pander to the audiences biases which have been long inculcated (guess who is reading Brave New World again).

Must be a record for me, an entire post on the new forum without using a swear word.

I was chatting with my gardener the other day and he was amazed that I didn't have a telly. I just said that the horrendous BBC bias against Brexit during the referendum campaign meant that I refused to fund them.

He saw my point.

I didn't think anyone actually believed the Telly Tax inspector lie that they can 'detect' you watching an unlicensed TV from their vans any more - until I discussed my refusal to pay the Telly Tax with my mum. She isn't a naive sort of person either,  I was quite shocked. It runs deep.

Semi relevant but this is my favourite 'goon' video on YouTube - probably because of the accent... "Yerdah Yewchewb Meht?"

"Bedroom windorr!"

Incidentally does anyone know what the saying/reference is at around 6 minutes to the ferret chewing the mole on his neck? Never heard that before :D

11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I was chatting with my gardener the other day and he was amazed that I didn't have a telly. I just said that the horrendous BBC bias against Brexit during the referendum campaign meant that I refused to fund them.

He saw my point.

It is quite Orwellian that most people are happy to pay for their own brain washing courtesy of the BBC/Ministry of Information.

Frank is really posh if he has a gardener, like the Woodentops.

I don't think the BBC are arseholes, but they do not "inform, educate, and entertain" like they used to, when I could come back from the club really late and watch a quantum mechanics lecture with a bloke with a beard and a kipper tie!

They have met all three criteria with this program

Edited by MrPin

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Frank is really posh if he has a gardener, like the Woodentops.

I don't think the BBC are arseholes, but they do not "inform, educate, and entertain" like they used to, when I could come back from the club really late and watch a quantum mechanics lecture with a bloke with a beard and a kipper tie!

They have met all three criteria with this program

I think the 'inform, educate' has moved to the interweb.

Netflix has the entertain bit for our house.

That leaves the BBC just pursuing its blatant biases - and I say that as someone who does not bang on about he 'Murdoch press'

Its a very poor org, that just does not deliver. The only people I know who watch it - my parents - dont pay for the license. Thats a big problem for the BBC.

I think they're arseholes because that's just where they keep their heads. Too many years of guaranteed income from a population that, as stated above, is for some reason willing to pay for their own indoctrination, means they've never had to compete in the real world.

At the risk of ending up on the Troll thread,  the BBC went up in my estimations ever so slightly this week.

BBC politics aside,   they seem to have started making some half decent documentaries again..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06csy8c

"The Engine That Powers The World"

All about the history of the diesel engine and (to me) a very interesting watch.    If they could just replace half of the usual dross with more quality programming like this I could forgive them being such a bunch of government mouth-piece hippies. 

11 minutes ago, Libspero said:

At the risk of ending up on the Troll thread

FFS, here is Wiki's definition of a troll which is spot on:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3]often for the troll's amusement.

It is not somebody who genuinely holds a different view to the majority and argues their position.

Just now, spunko2010 said:

xD

Well they had a cook as well. My mum and and dad had to do all that!

Oh bugger! By the Wiki definition I might be a troll in training

18 minutes ago, One percent said:

Wrong thread mr pin, should this have been posted on the annoying colleagues thread? :)

I tend not to go for a communal shit, strange though that may appear to some of you here

5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

FFS, here is Wiki's definition of a troll which is spot on:

It is not somebody who genuinely holds a different view to the majority and argues their position.

Good to know Frank

you sound firm but fair..   like a strict school mistress brandishing a cane 

18 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Good to know Frank

you sound firm but fair..   like a strict school mistress brandishing a cane 

The thread's been deleted now but I had assumed that everyone knew what a troll was, maybe I spend too much time on forums so have seen several and they are unmistakable in their behaviour.

6 hours ago, MrPin said:

Well they had a cook as well. My mum and and dad had to do all that!

Oh bugger! By the Wiki definition I might be a troll in training

Speaking of cooks (well, chefs), the best Indian takeaway programme on BBC2 last night was won by a white fella from Brighton against two of Bangladeshi origin. My jaw nearly hit the ground. 

Not sure where that leaves the visa argument. 

1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

r

Speaking of cooks (well, chefs), the best Indian takeaway programme on BBC2 last night was won by a white fella from Brighton against two of Bangladeshi origin. My jaw nearly hit the ground. 

Not sure where that leaves the visa argument. 

I am a white fella from Brighton, not  poofy in any way, but somehow extraordinarily  camp!:D