• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

18 minutes ago, Bingobob said:

Using tax payers money to really tackle the issues that matter (on the front page of the Sports section)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45262541

Periods and football: Meet the fans campaigning for free sanitary products at stadiums

Over-entitled woozies.

Well remember going to the old Donny ground and all the ladies toilet had was a bucket. I kid you not.

Newsnight now. It seems the So-Called BBC have a reporter, Paul Wood, specifically tasked with following allegations against Trump.

Anyone know the name of the one tasked with stalking Obama?

Posted (edited)

The radio news on the So-Called BBC is really ratcheting it all up against Trump now.  This evening it was the situation with the current legal issues is a game changer (Manofort, Cohen?). 

They also put great emphasis on how the result of the mid terms was crucial to have Trump impeached - their wishful thinking, extreme bias and clear alignment with fakery was palpable.

Edited by twocents

4 minutes ago, twocents said:

The radio news on the So-Called BBC is really ratcheting it all up against Trump now.  This evening it was the situation with the current legal issues (Manofort, Cohen?) is a game changer.  They also put great emphasis on how the result of the mid terms was crucial to have Trump impeached - their wishful thinking, extreme bias and clear alignment with fakery was palpable.

Well, this plays straight into Trump’s hands. Bannon is often quoted as saying that the mid terms need to be fought on an impeach/don’t impeach basis, essentially a referendum on Trump, rather than getting bogged down by the merits and demerits of individual candidates.

41 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Newsnight tonight is the worst I have ever seen.

License fee being cancelled in the morning.

And that dogs breakfast of an item on Sweden.

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

I was including that. Just unbelievable. 

I only came in at the tail end of the Trump item, I should have known better and just gone to bed.

15 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I only came in at the tail end of the Trump item, I should have known better and just gone to bed.

Agreed. But it is GCSE results day tomorrow so sleep will be hard to come by.

Just a couple of irksome bits I noticed this morning.

The UK leaving the eu with no deal is always 'crashing out.

Trump only 'slaps on' tariffs against China. (I don't think I have ever heard the So-Called BBC mention anything of China's import tariffs)

15 minutes ago, SirGaz said:

Trump only 'slaps on' tariffs against China. (I don't think I have ever heard the So-Called BBC mention anything of China's import tariffs)

yes, ive noticed that, project fear is on steroids at the moment, they really are shrieking it out of every channel available.

You know its funny that they scream that shit and yet back in the real world at work, at home elsewhere nobody mentions it, even the old guy across the road from me (rabid DM reader, bloody muzzers, bloody government, bloody young people with their tattoo's, frigging chavs, scummy pikeys etc etc etc), not a chirp about brexit and 'crashing' out.

18 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Why not just make everything free?

Why do we have to pay to use (most) public toilets?

40p a pee now.

Tampons are, what, 10p in bulk.

24 minutes ago, SirGaz said:

Well, Trump is applying tariffs at almost EU levels.

And no mention or analysis of how China refuses to import anything other than capital goods.

A quick look at chinese students flying back with their bags full of baby milk powder tells you all you need.

8 minutes ago, spygirl said:

40p a pee now.

Tampons are, what, 10p in bulk.

Disconnect time.

Pensioners in particular are absolutely reliant upon having to use the toilet when out and they've gone from free to 20p / 40p.

Where is the SJW campaign for this most basic of human needs; or is it ignored because a large minority of them are white men?

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Disconnect time.

Pensioners in particular are absolutely reliant upon having to use the toilet when out and they've gone from free to 20p / 40p.

Where is the SJW campaign for this most basic of human needs; or is it ignored because a large minority of them are white men?

Ah, i see youve took my mumto the shops.......

Its not just the cost, its the finding and handling the change.

Bit hoohaa on cost of toilets locally.

In principle, as its a tourist area, getting the cost from visitors is vital otherwise you are taxing poor paid locals so richer oap can have a free piss.

The better approach would be applying a levy 1£ on car parking   and 10£ on coach drop off to fund it.

And applying 2x council tax to holiday lets.

1 minute ago, unregistered_guest said:

I joke that it's all to do with harmonising of EU tariffs.

Perhaps @swiss_democracy_for_all could tell us how eye-watering the price of the public bogs in Switzerland are now?

Hopefully Brexit will mean that spending a penny will get cheaper...

Its the carrying around 20ps that fuck me off.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

I joke that it's all to do with harmonising of EU tariffs.

Perhaps @swiss_democracy_for_all could tell us how eye-watering the price of the public bogs in Switzerland are now?

Hopefully Brexit will mean that spending a penny will get cheaper...

No idea. Can’t think of any that charge you for a pee, but there’s one at the airport that charges 1chf if you want a cubicle - that would definitely get the feminists and trannies up in arms in the UK. 

In general all public services work very well and are either free or cheaper as a proportion of people’s income than in the UK. 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

Are the schools on the So-Called BBC reports reflective of the mix of population in the UK? I would say from the GCSE reports this morning white British would seem to make up around 20% of the kids

3 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

Are the schools on the So-Called BBC reports reflective of the mix of population in the UK? I would say from the GCSE reports this morning white British would seem to make up around 20% of the kids

London innit.

In the SW white British would be 98 - 100%.