• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

Emotional blackmail from the So-Called BBC. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-latin-america-45879534/venezuela-crisis-mothers-giving-away-babies-children-living-on-streets

Venuswalan (sp?) mothers giving away their babies. 

Well, there has been crises in the uk an Ireland since 5he dawn of time (normally caused or excaberated by those in charge. I don’t see anyone giving a toss about any of that. 

Im sure this is a softening up for the next wave of immigrants.  

This Venezuela?

C5SJntPUoAA4nHg.jpg

So, they must be a rich country then. Why are they not solving this?

they have politicised immigration. The caravan is a prime example of that plus the charity boats plucking people out of the med. 

its a war, like the Cold War but using different means 

5 hours ago, Great Guy said:

the So-Called BBC article says her dad was white. So the So-Called BBC use the same criteria as apartheid South Africa to assign her as black. 

Surely blue plaques should be given for the achievements of a person and not what race they are? the So-Called BBC are basically saying this person should be celebrated because of their ethnic origin. Any other time the So-Called BBC say we shouldn't judge a person based on their ethnic group.

The way the media celebrate blackness is quite frankly bizarre IMHO. Last month we were getting told about windrush immigrants coming to the UK to do the exact same jobs that white Brits were doing. Now we are getting told about a "black" woman that joined a football team with white team mates.

Is this really the pinnacle of black success in the UK? Blacks managing to do the same things that a million other white Brits are doing? 

From the top of my head I could name a few dozen white people that have made a huge contribution to the world. I honestly can't name one black person that has made much of a contribution on the world stage.

It does seem to give lie to the idea that black people were universally and relentlessly ostracised or abused, and that women were locked in the kitchen (right up until the year 2000). Here we have a British women's football team, with a black person in it in 1895, and it seems everyone found it, not only uncontroversial, but almost entirely unremarkable. 

5 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

It does seem to give lie to the idea that black people were universally and relentlessly ostracised or abused, and that women were locked in the kitchen (right up until the year 2000). Here we have a British women's football team, with a black person in it in 1895, and it seems everyone found it, not only uncontroversial, but almost entirely unremarkable. 

I view the whole thing as to be another example of what has been thrust upon the UK from the USA and their perverted news media.

Over here at the time it would have just been viewed as a bit exotic/unusual end of.

This is front page news for the So-Called BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46109281

No evidence presented for the claim made in the headline, but nonetheless, a great platform to allow the 21 year old Classics student to share these pearls of wisdom:

"I think anything Nigel Farage says would make me eye-roll," she explains.

"But it was just the fact that he said 'We've got a Remainer's Brexit' when we absolutely haven't.

"We've got a Brexit fuelled by the wishes of the Leave campaign and Treason May is not giving us a Remainer's Brexit at all."

57 minutes ago, Bingobob said:

This is front page news for the So-Called BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46109281

No evidence presented for the claim made in the headline, but nonetheless, a great platform to allow the 21 year old Classics student to share these pearls of wisdom:

"I think anything Nigel Farage says would make me eye-roll," she explains.

"But it was just the fact that he said 'We've got a Remainer's Brexit' when we absolutely haven't.

"We've got a Brexit fuelled by the wishes of the Leave campaign and Treason May is not giving us a Remainer's Brexit at all."

A 'Remainers Brexit?'

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Bit like a vegans steak night. 

Flicking through the radio channels in the car - heard the word Gammon being used over and over again - looked at the display, it was Radio 1. Is Gammon not a racist hate word as it targets a specific racial group?

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:12, Hail the Tripod said:

Black people before 1948 were generally regarded, as far as I can tell, as a bit of a curiousity but basically no different from the rest of us; it was their class and position in society that was more important than their skin colour. The real problems seemed to start when mass immigration started in the fifties. This caused rapid social change and competition for resources/jobs, which in turn caused resentment, so it is probably not so much a question of race but of integration.

The open borders crowd can't accept this  because to do so would be to concede that open borders are not beneficial, so they have to push the idea that all objections to immigration are racial (and thus evil and wrong). 

On 02/11/2018 at 10:12, Hail the Tripod said:

Arthur "Darkie" Wharton played professionally for Darlington as long ago as 1885. The most remarkable thing about him is that whilst he could run the 100yds in under 10 seconds, Darlo stuck him in goal.... 

1 hour ago, eight said:

Arthur "Darkie" Wharton played professionally for Darlington as long ago as 1885. The most remarkable thing about him is that whilst he could run the 100yds in under 10 seconds, Darlo stuck him in goal.... 

There was also Walter Tull, who played for Spurs and became the first black commissioned officer in HM forces during WW1.

Yet the media likes us to think they were all banged up in chains on slave ships back then. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Dear god, there is some woman on the So-Called BBC arguing that the rise in attacks on disabled people (are people this low and nasty do such a thing) is due to brexit. 

Oh ffs. 

Saw that. Unbelievable!

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Dear god, there is some woman on the So-Called BBC arguing that the rise in attacks on disabled people (are people this low and nasty do such a thing) is due to brexit. 

Oh ffs. 

For some people, mostly employees of the state broadcaster, it appears to be an elaborate parlour game where everything negative has to be connected to Brexit in some way.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

For some people, mostly employees of the state broadcaster, it appears to be an elaborate parlour game where everything negative has to be connected to Brexit in some way.

Or trump.  Or, for the full house winning hand both trump and brexit in the same sentence 

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

There are so many media outlets now. Once the So-Called BBC had the only radio stations except pirate ones.

The rest need to make a living though which means extensive advertising. Some of the Freeview channels are pretty much unwatchable owing to the extended advert breaks.

The state broadcaster can keep pumping out the same lies whether anybody hears then or not because it's guaranteed its money anyway.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

The rest need to make a living though which means extensive advertising. Some of the Freeview channels are pretty much unwatchable owing to the extended advert breaks.

The state broadcaster can keep pumping out the same lies whether anybody hears then or not because it's guaranteed its money anyway.

Adverts are wonderful

1) sofas

2) funeral plans

3) equity release

4) PPI compensation, and other accident lawyers

5) insurance

6) garage doors

7) stairlifts

Did I leave any out?

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Adverts are wonderful

1) sofas

2) funeral plans

3) equity release

5) insurance

6) garage doors

7) stairlifts

Did I leave any out?

Halifax et al. 

9 hours ago, MrPin said:

Adverts are wonderful

1) sofas

2) funeral plans

3) equity release

5) insurance

6) garage doors

7) stairlifts

Did I leave any out?

- Cruises

- Cheapo Package holidays

- Cheapo supermarkets

- Bladder leakage pants that still look feminine and attractive

- Denture fixatives

- We buy any car.com any any any any

- Go compare, go compare, go compare, go compare

- Meerkats

- Badly dubbed toothpaste ads

-Badly dubbed bleach/cleaning products ads

- Clothes for fat women

Edited by Austin Allegro

9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

For now, IMO.

Being the mother of two mid twenties adults and chatting with their friends when they visit I can report that none of them watch BBC. Son occasionally watches live tv at my expense because he lives at home. If it wasn’t for my son I’d cancel my tv licence and just pay individually for the few bbc dramas I’d watch. They’re all into Netflix etc. My daughter and her flatmate in Edinburgh don’t have a tv license because they don’t need one.

Another anecdote regarding women in my age group, 50+. Now and again I read comments on the raising of the state pension age campaign sites Facebook, Twitter etc. I’m heartened to note that many of these older women due to campaigning about an issue they feel aggrieved by have had the scales removed from their eyes regarding politics, politicians, bbc etc. There is resounding agreement on those sites that bbc is biased, not fit for purpose etc. Ive read a number of posts about older women cancelling their tv licence.

IMO it’s only going to get worse for the So-Called BBC because I think that the uk and wider world is on a path for lower living standards for the majority resulting in more and more folk questioning our reality, how the world is etc. Anyone who does that will notice bbc bias, if they have a licence. As mentioned before lots of younger folk aren’t buying one.

Their days are numbered! I haven’t watched dr who for years but I’m glad that reports of it being too pc recently have resulted in a 30% drop in viewing figures.

I’m currently watching The Little Drummer Girl adaptation of John le Carres book. Going by the posts on digital spy forum it’s not meeting expectations that folk have from watching the Night Manager. I think it’s ok but I haven’t thought about it off and on all week and wouldn’t care if I missed tuning in at 9pm on Sunday. I anticipated the next episode of the Night Manager all week. Maybe another not well received low ratings series by the So-Called BBC?

BBC have excelled themselves today over the Jim Accosted her incident. If Obama had encountered a wave of biased aggressive journalists and one had resisted a female interns attempts to do her job the So-Called BBC would have gone bat-shit full on crazy against the ‘Nazi’ journalist.

With all the ramped up Brexit hatred and whipppng up irrelevant shit-storms against ordinary folk these fuckers are showing the desperation of their lizard-faced overlords. It really is pathetic. They and the current system is going down - it’s damned obvious a big event is coming!

14 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Funny old world.  I may have mentioned I'm licence free and loving it.  It started because the ads were just getting silly (following a change in the law to allow more of them).  Once I stopped watching live TV, using catch-up with fast forward instead, I realised I didn't need a TV licence anymore.  And the fact I couldn't watch the So-Called BBC was a juicy bonus!  As I said, funny old world (of unintended consequences)!