• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, McKay said:

Very good, agree with everything Robin Aitken says.

They said it very well.  Not a wasted or incorrect word.  Clearly old school journalists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radio now. 

As I have said before, my only connection to the U.K. was Radio 2. That was brokem with the Mayo / Wiley fiasco.

Here is the imbeciles’ version of events:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/13/jo-whiley-speaks-savage-abuse-radio-2-drivetime-show/

Why can’t people simply admit they were raging fools, got themselves into an unholy mess and it is what it is?

I do this, usually the day after vast alcohol consumption and I find it usually defuses any bad feelings. 

the So-Called BBC, on the other hand, doubles down and calls the listeners bigoted morons.

Edited by Bkkandrew
Spelling, clarity, alcohol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Radio now. 

As I have said before, my only connection to the U.K. was Radio 2. That was brokem with the Mayo / Wiley fiasco.

Here is the imbeciles’ version of events:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/13/jo-whiley-speaks-savage-abuse-radio-2-drivetime-show/

Why can’t people simply admit they were raging fools, got themselves into an unholy mess and it is what it is?

I do this, usually the day after vast alcohol consumption and I find it usually defuses any bad feelings. 

the So-Called BBC, on the other hand, doubles down and calls the listeners bigoted morons.

It wasn't Jo Wiley that broke it though; it was the arrogant controller of Radio 2.  I heard him on Feedback not long after the change and his attitude was that everything changes so get used to it and you will end up liking it as much as before.

He wouldn't admit he had fucked up; even mild mannered Roger Bolton gave him a hard time but he wasn't having any of it as he was right.

I feel sorry for Jo Wylie. I thought she was ok when I've heard her before and IIRC she was friends with Simon Mayo.

Now through no fault of her own she has ended his radio career, made loads of listeners hate her, and ruined the only show I ever used to listen to on Radio 2.

Lewis Carnie is the imbecile at whom your flak should be directed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/authors/1f0ba4c8-a946-3794-8cf2-4d52c3a903fa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It wasn't Jo Wiley that broke it though; it was the arrogant controller of Radio 2.  I heard him on Feedback not long after the change and his attitude was that everything changes so get used to it and you will end up liking it as much as before.

He wouldn't admit he had fucked up; even mild mannered Roger Bolton gave him a hard time but he wasn't having any of it as he was right.

I feel sorry for Jo Wylie. I thought she was ok when I've heard her before and IIRC she was friends with Simon Mayo.

Now through no fault of her own she has ended his radio career, made loads of listeners hate her, and ruined the only show I ever used to listen to on Radio 2.

Lewis Carnie is the imbecile at whom your flak should be directed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/authors/1f0ba4c8-a946-3794-8cf2-4d52c3a903fa

This is exactly what I meant. I have simply got 7 hours more alcohol in me that you so could not be as succinct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

......I heard him on Feedback not long after the change and his attitude was that everything changes so get used to it and you will end up liking it as much as before.

He wouldn't admit he had fucked up; even mild mannered Roger Bolton gave him a hard time but he wasn't having any of it as he was right.....

Well remembered.  They are always like that on Feedback.  They always maintain they have never put a foot wrong despite the insanity of their position.

Edited by Harley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'It is possible to be Muslim and a lesbian'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-46567505

In Islam, as in many Christian denominations and in Orthodox Judaism, homosexuality is seen as a sin. While there have been moves towards acceptance of homosexuality in some religions, Islam in the West has tended to stay with the Orthodox view.

Wrong question. Will I be killed if I tell my Dad i m a lezza.

In ye olde days, if your parents were of a churchy bent they *might* disown you. Although the CoE is like a raging homo meetup.

These days, eve nthe most churchy types would probably come to an understanding.

If you are Mipuri and tell your parents you are gay then you will run the risk of being killed by your dad and brothers whilst your mum hold you down.

Quickk google brings up this eer journalism:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/07/homophobic-muslim-populist-bogeyman-trump-le-pen

Not homophobic, homo-icidal ffs.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think an important distinction is that it is homosexual acts (sodomy) that are sinful in Christianity, not simply being homosexual.

Lesbians cannot commit sodomy anyway whereas heterosexuals can, and are condemned for it. It's all sounding so very modern and intersectional isn't it, not what the So-Called BBC were expecting I'm sure.

Edited by Panther

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46860693

The rainbow flag with six colours - red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet, is the most well-known symbol for the LGBT community.

Now, Manchester Pride has revealed it's using a different flag for its 2019 event - one that includes black and brown stripes.

It says the additions are to ensure people from black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds feel represented and welcome at their events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46860693

The rainbow flag with six colours - red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet, is the most well-known symbol for the LGBT community.

Now, Manchester Pride has revealed it's using a different flag for its 2019 event - one that includes black and brown stripes.

It says the additions are to ensure people from black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds feel represented and welcome at their events.

But not white people? That's RACIST!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46860693

The rainbow flag with six colours - red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet, is the most well-known symbol for the LGBT community.

Now, Manchester Pride has revealed it's using a different flag for its 2019 event - one that includes black and brown stripes.

It says the additions are to ensure people from black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds feel represented and welcome at their events.

Maybe they ran out of toilet paper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, One percent said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46860693

The rainbow flag with six colours - red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet, is the most well-known symbol for the LGBT community.

Now, Manchester Pride has revealed it's using a different flag for its 2019 event - one that includes black and brown stripes.

It says the additions are to ensure people from black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds feel represented and welcome at their events.

Is that because green and blue people are overrepresented?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2019 at 16:33, Panther said:

I think an important distinction is that it is homosexual acts (sodomy) that are sinful in Christianity, not simply being homosexual.

Lesbians cannot commit sodomy anyway whereas heterosexuals can, and are condemned for it. It's all sounding so very modern and intersectional isn't it, not what the So-Called BBC were expecting I'm sure.

I'm sure I hear some church people say it's  'ok' to be homosexual as long as you're  not a practicing one.

So as long as your knob doesn't overlap with another male, you're in the clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, One percent said:

There are probably two people on here who pronounce it filums. 

Three!

It may have started in my case as an affectation to counter the Americanism that is "movies" but for me these days it is definitely filums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Three!

It may have started in my case as an affectation to counter the Americanism that is "movies" but for me these days it is definitely filums.

I thought it was a northern thing. 

Good to know it has traveled far south 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2019 at 12:26, spygirl said:

'It is possible to be Muslim and a lesbian'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-46567505

In Islam, as in many Christian denominations and in Orthodox Judaism, homosexuality is seen as a sin. While there have been moves towards acceptance of homosexuality in some religions, Islam in the West has tended to stay with the Orthodox view.

Wrong question. Will I be killed if I tell my Dad i m a lezza.

In ye olde days, if your parents were of a churchy bent they *might* disown you. Although the CoE is like a raging homo meetup.

These days, eve nthe most churchy types would probably come to an understanding.

If you are Mipuri and tell your parents you are gay then you will run the risk of being killed by your dad and brothers whilst your mum hold you down.

Quickk google brings up this eer journalism:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/07/homophobic-muslim-populist-bogeyman-trump-le-pen

Not homophobic, homo-icidal ffs.

There they go again, shoving this vast group into 'Islam'.  They're happy to split Christians into different sects, and Jews into orthodox vs 'other', but Islam is Islam.  It isn't.  They need to do a similar sub-group analysis of Islam (and then identify where the highest populations of those troublesome sub-groups are).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now