• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

All I watch on the So-Called BBC is Louis Theroux documentaries and Gardeners World, the latter of which I'm watching less and less of, due to the purposeful increase of token presenters who are not gardeners and have only been selected due to having rather swarthy skin!

or filling some other quota.
James Wong excepted*

47 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

the So-Called BBC was also saying manufacturing was at a high.. No mention that this is indirectly due to Brexit and a low pound.

Yep noticed that. They did manage however to get a negative Brexit dig in at the end of the piece. Can't even remember what it was.

I happened to switch over on Monday to the Miriam Margoles across the US show. Very good. She's not shy. Says it as it is. Seems like a sound old burd. :Old:

Worth a watch. And I fucking hate the So-Called BBC cunts. On again tonight. 

3 hours ago, Great Guy said:

It's like the So-Called BBC are doing there best to make us hate asylum seekers.

i believe that is the intention.

Make us feel like aggrieved victims and we will be much more agreeable to war/ extermination.

I've been looking into how people are convinced that it is right to kill/ commit genocide e.g. communist Russia and China.

Horrifying thought. We're being played again :PissedOff:

This suggests radio 5 live has lost 7.9% audience recently.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/amp/2017/10/rajar-q3-2017-london-

I would expect it's more like 20% for their news / current affairs crap.

I still listen to BBC sport and radio 6. But turn it off for 5 mins when the news bulletins come on. Sometimes I don't get to it in time and feel rather dirty afterwards.

The level of propoganda has reached joke proportions and I can't believe there isn't a national outcry about it. It's blindingly obvious to anyone who isn't young or dumb.

Edited by BigV

32 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Turned on R4 in the car the other day. It usually takes about 5-10 seconds before some sort of SJW/PC topic is brought up. 

This time, it was a prog about nightlife in Paris in the early twenties. Sounded quite interesting. 

After 5 seconds it was revealed it was about 'African American experiences' and had a black-voiced presenter visiting 'the world's first lesbian nightclub'. 

It never stops, does it?

I can accept that as part of a wider documentary about the topic, but why does PC/SJW have to be the ONLY topic of these programmes?

Fortunately my car has a USB port so I can listen to free audiobooks from Librivox instead. 

Radio 4 has been absolutely ruined with this crap. It used to be the best informative station out there IMO (Archers excluded). 

It hit peak SJW for me when, after a day of listening to a load of self-oppressed, woe is me, argue in-an-empty-room pish, I finally hit off for the final time. The moment was a wanky discussion panel about minority one-upmanship when one of the panellists responded with, "as a black, disabled, LGBQT woman, I think I am more qualifed on this subject than most..."

I turned off the radio with a fist. Who, outside of the So-Called BBC and Twatter, tolerates this shit?

There was a snippet on the 1oclock news today about the capture of slaves along the South coast of England in the 17th and 18th centuries. Managed to mention pirates from the Barbary coast and Moroccans capturing slaves, but somehow they managed not to mention the words Muslim, Islam, Islamic Empire or Ottoman once.

I used to be a regular R4 and R5 listener but just can't stomach them now. Real shame. Same for LBC. Most of my radio listening is now Talksport! Hardly highbrow, but basically blokes pub-talking passionately about trivial sports. It feels like a relief as I know I won't be pissed off with something they say within 5 minutes.

Edited by The Idiocrat

What I don't understand is why we don't have conservative talk radio in this country. You can't move for it on the airwaves in the US. 

I'm guessing the usual suspects would clamp down on it as 'hate speech' etc. 

Plus it's a sad fact that most British people are dyed in the wool lefties, and love big government, the NHS, state schools etc. That's probably why they could switch between Labour and UKIP so easily, as both are essentially statist. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

16 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

It's so sad, seeing the demise of a once much loved institution. It's like going back to the parish church of one's youth and, instead of finding a choir and an organist and prayer books, finding guitars, happy clappy singing and projection screens. 

I used to love listening to R4 as an undergraduate, it gave a structure to my days and I recall lots of interesting programmes as I huddled by my gas fire puffing on a Lambert and Butler and drinking cheap sherry. 

When did R4 start to go wrong? The so called BBC has always been left leaning but it didn't seem so intrusive and heavy-handed before. It was more old fashioned liberal, like a tolerant and slightly progressive housemaster in tweed, not the shrill lesbian feminist in dungarees that it is now. 

Well this is it. They find full agreement with their madness with each other and cant see outside it. 

Thing is the majority, and I do believe it is the majority are turning off in droves. The minute they even hint at some lefty sjw crap it turns me right off.

TV, movies, hollywood, bbc, im just not interested anymore not sure who is. Who is going to keep funding them. Theyve killed their support from the generalpublic they dispise so much.

Edited by Poseidon

21 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

It's so sad, seeing the demise of a once much loved institution. It's like going back to the parish church of one's youth and, instead of finding a choir and an organist and prayer books, finding guitars, happy clappy singing and projection screens.

You are more likely to find a muslim prayer room (aka mosque)

photo-5.jpg

12 hours ago, The Idiocrat said:

I used to be a regular R4 and R5 listener but just can't stomach them now. Real shame. Same for LBC. Most of my radio listening is now Talksport! Hardly highbrow, but basically blokes pub-talking passionately about trivial sports. It feels like a relief as I know I won't be pissed off with something they say within 5 minutes.

Similar - but even Talksport is very much on the trends in the So-Called BBC message - commentators slipping in little comments about footballers' house purchases and implied affirmative action issues etc so on and also quietly portraying the British fans as idiots especially if the phone in callers step too much out of line of the So-Called BBC message.  Even the one or two on the surface chauvinist ex footie players commentating who still seem to advocate that women's place is in the kitchen just seem to do it to intentionally set themselves up to be isolated, scoffed at and to be figures of fun and not running the show.  

Not as blatant as on the other bbc channels tho'.

Edited by twocents

5 hours ago, twocents said:

Similar - but even Talksport is very much on the trends in the So-Called BBC message - commentators slipping in little comments about footballers' house purchases and implied affirmative action issues etc so on and also quietly portraying the British fans as idiots especially if the phone in callers step too much out of line of the So-Called BBC message.  Even the one or two on the surface chauvinist ex footie players commentating who still seem to advocate that women's place is in the kitchen just seem to do it to intentionally set themselves up to be isolated, scoffed at and to be figures of fun and not running the show.  

Not as blatant as on the other bbc channels tho'.

Yes, I have noticed a little bit of that, and I just put it down to not particularly intelligent beta cucks as opposed to the So-Called BBC's malice.  I mainly put it on late at night to go to sleep to (I have tinnitus so need some background sound) so maybe I'm just not actually listening attentively anyway. 

Got any alternative radio channel suggestions? 

I used to listen to Talk Radio back in the 1990s before shock jock Caesar the Geezer was sacked (and when he was still alive), and David Starkey had a weekend show; they were very informative in their own ways. The station then moved to just being sport, but I noticed last week that there is a "TalkRADIO" back on DAB, as well as "TalkSPORT". Iain Lee was on, and within minutes I'd learned about ASMR (absolutely amazing, I'll post in DOSBODS separately about it) and HOVIKA (weird). I've bought a £20 (but surprisingly high quality) DAB receiver->FM transmitter for my car so I can listen more.

Watched Dateline London today. Thoughtful,  restrained Iranian journalist remarking on the irrationality of the constant anti trump commentary, and 4 western liberal sjw trump-haters barely able to restrain their loathing.

44 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Mrs Cunning is catching up with Casualty. They are dealing with an acid attack this week.

White mugger attacks Asian lady. What are the chances?

Jesus. You're fucking joking?

... against the whole current evidence.

Should write a letter of complaint (if it would do anything) - mind you why bother watching Casualty??

1 minute ago, JFK said:

Jesus. You're fucking joking?

... against the whole current evidence.

Should write a letter of complaint (if it would do anything) - mind you why bother watching Casualty??

The good lady was watching. I am poncing about with you lot (or 'at the pub' as she calls it )

It is quite comforting to know that whatever weird accident may happen to me in the future, she will know exactly what to do.