• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

BBC News reporting live from a school in Northern Ireland.

Launching their new BBC initiative to help schools teach children how to spot fake news.

Pupils being shown a newly developed game - BBC i-Reporter.

Emphasis on the hard work and pressure involved being a highly trained experienced professional BBC journalist.

Remember children always believe our BBC!

I had that on the radio; it so annoyed me I had to turn it off.

Duplicitous gits.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I had that on the radio; it so annoyed me I had to turn it off.

Duplicitous gits.

👍

im finding that I reach for the off switch evermore frequently. The only person I can stand at the moment is Steve Allen as he just chats away without giving anything a duplicitous spin. 

On 3/6/2018 at 09:38, Frank Hovis said:

Masked thugs threaten people and smash windows at King's College London during Sargon of Akkad's talk.

5a9e4e9bfc7e932a138b45cb.jpg

Number three story for the UK on Russia Today.

https://www.rt.com/uk/420563-antifa-alt-right-kings/

BBC?  Nothing.

Even on their London page; where the top stories are:

• Man murdered in sustained knife attack (ok, that's news)
  • Thousands without water for a third day (ok, that's news)
  • University of London offers £5,650 online degree (well, news-ish)
  • Frances McDormand praises Grenfell stunt (not news, never heard of her)
  • Concerns raised over trampoline injuries (not news)

I admit that Sargon of Akkad is not a widely known celebrity but masked right wing thugs smashing up a "refugees welcome" meeting would be headline news on the So-Called BBC.  This is one of which they tacitly approve so just keep quiet.  Tossers.

Was their order of entry decided by height 

35 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m on Tesco which uses the o2 network. I have the same when using the network to access external links. It says I need to change some settings by contacting them. I’m not getting myself on this list so haven’t bothered. 

it`s the pron i tell thee

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've mentioned this before; my mobile network (O2) won't let me access that story unless I evidence that I'm 18.  I doubt there is anything in that story that would qualify but it is odd how I get it on particular ones so I wonder what the triggers are.

It's anonym.to that it doesn't like, or that's what the problem was the last time I browsed Dosbods on mobile data.

5 hours ago, Great Guy said:

What did the Muslims ever do for us?

Claim our benefits. Use our NHS. Get priority on housing waiting lists. Sexually abuse thousands of girls. Kill hundreds in Europe. Never apologise and complain about being victimised. 

:PissedOff:

quite.

6 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Perhaps:

1) They should put their own house in order.

2) They should reign in their lunatics.

3) They should embrace secularism as the de-facto standard of a civilised society.

4) Accept equality between men and women.

5) Stop persecuting homosexuals.

:Beer:

Yeah that would be a fucking start wouldn't it ...

On 3/18/2018 at 12:06, Melchett said:

All true.

At the moment the narrative is all about Muslims and Islam being unfairly victimised by everyone else and if you go against that narrative you will be labelled racist.

Even though Mohamedisml is a religion and so nothing to do with race.

But feel free to criticise any other religion.

Or nationality. On my facebook feed somebody posted a picture of some anti-Russian grafitti outside the Russian embassy. Lots of likes and approving comments. 

Imagine if it had been anti fundamentalist Islam grafitti after the Manchester bombings. 

Posted (edited)
On 18/03/2018 at 12:56, Great Guy said:

What did the Muslims ever do for us?

But apart from the algebra, botany, better calendars, popularising Indian numerals, astronomy, cartography, ceramics, calligraphy, preserving the classical scientific texts and literature which had been destroyed by the Christian bigots, and the poetry ... what did the Muslims ever do for us?

Edited by BurntBread

12 minutes ago, BurntBread said:

But apart from the algebra, botany, better calendars, popularising Indian numerals, astronomy, cartography, ceramics, calligraphy, preserving the classical scientific texts and literature which had been destroyed by the Christian bigots, and the poetry ... what did the Muslims ever do for us?

Nothing from the last millennium then?

16 minutes ago, BurntBread said:

Kept warm the legacy of the Byzantine Empire for a couple of hundred years.

Awesome.  A library would have done the same.

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Nothing from the last millennium then?

I'd agree that the last 400 years have been a bit of a slow decline for them, and speeding up over the last century ... but I think you have to admit that you set yourself up for a life of Brian post!

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Kept warm the legacy of the Byzantine Empire for a couple of hundred years.

Awesome.  A library would have done the same.

In all seriousness, the mathematics, astronomy, ceramics and poetry were genuine contributions to world culture, and have stood the test of time. What's more interesting to me, is why it all stagnated and fell to pieces culturally, long before the various countries had lost their wealth and military supremacy?

Elizabeth I was addressed in diplomatic missives like a minor supplicant (which I imagine required some rather careful translations, as she wasn't the easiest of characters to get along with), and rightly so, because her England was militarily insignificant; but the situation was completely reversed within a couple of hundred years.

What amazes me is that the Ottomans knew they were being overtaken, and tried to emulate the West, but somehow never had the institutions and attitudes for a scientific revolution to take root, so that by the 19th century, it was just a matter of kicking in the doors and taking whatever we wanted.

How can an ancient, and once vibrant and inventive civilisation become not just complacent, but watch, self-aware, it's own decay? Perhaps you could say the same for 19th century China (my history is very shaky). There's something haunting to me about that case, because it reminds me that I don't know what is essential to the mechanism of our own civilization, and so I doubt I will even recognize the point at which we lose it.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Welcome to the real world of zero hour contracts love.  Why should she be any different to the plebs working for the likes of sports direct?

Nope. Not zer0 hours.

This is the So-Called BBC avoiding employees NI, much worse. This is tax evasion.

I don't know where to start with this. Are these people really so thick (if so, they should have used an accountant)

"I have been paid too little due to the use of incorrect tax codes, been subject to clawback, received no information for months on end as to what I was going to live off," she said

You were self employed. Operating PAYE and getting the correct tax code was your responsibility.

Another presenter told the committee she was given "no alternative" to setting up a PSC if she wanted to continue to be employed after maternity leave, only for the HMRC to rule she was an employee of the So-Called BBC and send her a bill for tens of thousands of pounds in employers' National Insurance contributions.

If she was found to be an employee of the So-Called BBC, then the bill for employer's NI was their liability. And tens of thousands? How much was she on FFS?

And BBC Radio Oxford presenter Charles Nove told the committee he was concerned he could face homelessness because of the "unholy mess" around his pay.

Twat. Any self employed idiot knows that you put money aside for your tax liability, rather than spend it on cars and cruises.

29 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I don't know where to start with this. Are these people really so thick (if so, they should have used an accountant)

You were self employed. Operating PAYE and getting the correct tax code was your responsibility.

If she was found to be an employee of the So-Called BBC, then the bill for employer's NI was their liability. And tens of thousands? How much was she on FFS?

Twat. Any self employed idiot knows that you put money aside for your tax liability, rather than spend it on cars and cruises.

The Beeboids moaning in that article can be summed up by the therapist in this sketch: