• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

Posted (edited)

Hypocrisy

The reporter Dan Johnson at the heart of the Cliff vs the So-Called BBC trial, said

Questioned by Sir Cliff's barrister Justin Rushbrooke QC, Mr Johnson acknowledged using the term "celebrity paedo" when referring to the case in an email to a colleague.

But he said the description was a "shorthand reference" and did not reflect his "overall approach" to the story.

"In all my external dealings on the story and the way that I covered it, I have been professional and fair," Mr Johnson told the judge.

"What matters is what is said publicly and how you conduct yourself with other people externally."

Of course Dan

I'm sure you and other BBC reporters would apply exactly the same distinction to anyone else

Edited by Hopeful

On 15/02/2018 at 14:54, spygirl said:

Gone the money.

Gone the pride.

Gone the hairdresser.

Gone the shame.

Look at me! Ahm a little old lady with grey hair.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/analysis/christa-ackroyd-the-lessons-my-mother-taught-me-which-will-live-with-me-forever-1-9121666

I hope her mum wasnt a tax accountant.

Theres a very much sleeping 10 to a bed feel about that article.

Darning me tights.....

On the 10 o clock news the Beeb have been trotting out a line about how the the Windrush issues have arisen because since 2010 immigration policy has been tightened, then tightened further(the words used by that lying-by-omission bitch kuensberg). Nothi

WTF! Over that period the non-EU immigration has been rocketing and the EU/nonEU totals have been over 300k a year!

So they obviously want the millions of new Benny claimers more than the mainly now-integrated people from the 70s. Now why would that be?

>:( >:(:PissedOff:

Posted (edited)

Last year total net migration was 244,000 and total immigration was nearly 600,000. 

So say if a few Windrush types were deported because they didn't bother with a passport (why would they not bother with a passport when there was all the stuff about immigrants adopting British values and speaking the language and integrating and so on etc) there's clearly plenty to replace them.

I don't think they should be deported if they're legally naturalised or have been in Britain long enough to make a legal claim but they always used to say that nobody is indispensable - didn't they ever hear that expression.  It's a message that's being blared across the media every day for the indigenous British people.

Edited by twocents

600,000 immigrants per year (mostly BAME/EE) with 360,000 per year emigrating like me. I guess most of those will be white British, like me.

Since Blair fired the starting gun on this, that's 12.6M in and 7.56M out.

Its not 'net immigration', its population replacement!

9 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

600,000 immigrants per year (mostly BAME/EE) with 360,000 per year emigrating like me. I guess most of those will be white British, like me.

Since Blair fired the starting gun on this, that's 12.6M in and 7.56M out.

Its not 'net immigration', its population replacement!

Yes and it seems that we export our productive and import Bennie seekers 

11 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The article also has a lot of subtle BBC putdowns, linking Peterson to all sorts of dodgy ideas and causes without directly saying he is part of them. 

It's the same tools that they used on that article by Morrisey the other day. Anyone with half a brain can see how they're trying to manipulate.

Posted (edited)

and he's giving good advise that's the opposite of the So-Called BBC's advise or at the very least advise that the So-Called BBC always intentionally omits and they don't like it.

Edited by twocents

30 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

Young males are desperate for adult male role models.

Jordan Peterson is one of the few mature male role models available to the young male thinker.

When the So-Called BBC etc. attack, you know he is winning :Beer:

hope so.

44 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

Jordan Peterson is one of the few mature male role models available to the young male thinker.

I wouldn't call myself that good a male role model but in the valley of the blind...

Was having a chat with an early 20s guy and he started venting about stress, his asshole boss and the rest of the adolescent angst bs.  

I told him that he has to accept that most of the stress he feels is his fault. It has to be that way because if none of the stress he feels is his fault, then he is well and truly fucked for the rest of his life.

Once he acknowledges that it is his fault, he can do something about it.

BBC News - Weds 18 April 2018.

Respect to BBC correspondent Laura Bicker reporting from Seoul.

The historic visit by CIA Director Mike Pompeo to visit Kim Jong Un in North Korea to discuss a peace treaty and possible denuclearization, and forthcoming summit talks.

Laura managed to find a young South Korean woman to interview not unduly impressed by the US President.

" I think rather than Donald Trump's doing it was Kim Jong Un's change of attitude that led to this. "

Well done Laura, it's important we keep that perspective.

17 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

The historic visit by CIA Director Mike Pompeo to visit Kim Jong Un in North Korea to discuss a peace treaty and possible denuclearization, and forthcoming summit talks.

Laura managed to find a young South Korean woman to interview not unduly impressed by the US President.

" I think rather than Donald Trump's doing it was Kim Jong Un's change of attitude that led to this. "

and no doubt Kim Jong Un gave the Chinese the benefit of his wisdom when he was on his train trip the other week

14 hours ago, twocents said:

Last year total net migration was 244,000 and total immigration was nearly 600,000. 

So say if a few Windrush types were deported because they didn't bother with a passport (why would they not bother with a passport when there was all the stuff about immigrants adopting British values and speaking the language and integrating and so on etc) there's clearly plenty to replace them.

I don't think they should be deported if they're legally naturalised or have been in Britain long enough to make a legal claim but they always used to say that nobody is indispensable - didn't they ever hear that expression.  It's a message that's being blared across the media every day for the indigenous British people.

I suspect the so-called Beeb are pushing the Windrush story because it makes it look like the government is actually clamping down on immigration, when it isn't. 

The older generation of west Indian immigrants are generally liked, most of them seem to have old fashioned British values of Queen and Country and many are active in church life. If the Beeboids can make out that government policy is damaging people like that, then it can subtly denigrate all forms of immigration control. 

1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Nothing to do with the tunnel that "collapsed" killing 200 staff working on NK's project then. 

http://yournewswire.com/north-korea-nuclear-accident/

4 hours ago, Lone Lurker said:

And young females.  Just being listening to radio 5 live on my way home from work. Big piece on feminist dads.  Nauseating.

8 minutes ago, Ina said:

And young females.  Just being listening to radio 5 live on my way home from work. Big piece on feminist dads.  Nauseating.

Teenage girls have a gut revulsion against feminist and kidult "dads".

They want their dad to be top lobster :Beer:

Agreed girls love a macho dad especially one that teaches them to change a tyre and takes them to rugby and football matches.

5 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I noticed that. It's also a misunderstanding (like Cathy's lobsters) about what he is actually saying. Peterson's message is not that the most important thing is that we should stand up straight or clean our rooms, it is that change cannot be effected without self discipline and that we should sort our own problems out before attempting to help others. Gandhi is thought to have put it a similar way: 'be the change that you want to see in the world'. I somehow don't think the So-Called BBC would call Gandhi's advice 'quaint'. 

The article also has a lot of subtle BBC putdowns, linking Peterson to all sorts of dodgy ideas and causes without directly saying he is part of them. 

Their main misunderstanding, which is too stupid to not be deliberate, is to take his advice like "stand up straight", or "tidy your room" to have no symbolic or further depth of meaning. What he's trying to do is to give people an entry point to the complex issues at the very centre of being.