• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

Posted (edited)

the So-Called BBC Sounds (iPlayer replacement) project sounding a bit like those sorts of projects only an organisation rolling in cash can muster.

Segment on the R4 World at One today with the project manager(?)......

Yes, it has less functionality than iPlayer (actually a hell of a lot less), including simply being able to find things.

But it has over 1m "users" which is more than iPlayer.  Why, how many does that have?  I'm not telling you!

But we are adding new features to it!  What, like the same as what's already available in iPlayer?  And anything else, well that'll just be as opposed to adding them to iPlayer!

So why BBC Sounds as opposed to an update and re-badge of iPlayer?  I wonder!

PS: ".......By now restricting it to Sounds you can’t listen to it outside of the country, so it simply stops being a podcast”.  Ah!

Edited by Harley

Posted (edited)

4th article on the So-Called BBC, Dianne Abbott is not coloured and anyone who says otherwise is a wacist.

Other actual News goes unreported.

Amber Rudd baffled and forced to grovel to the media.

Nice.

Now contrast the 6PM News with the web based UK News.

345616622_Screenshot-2019-3-7UK-BBCNews.thumb.jpg.cb4a183a200b827fed10a48750c5584b.jpg

Now ask yourself why the colourful Dianne Abbott story worthy of such coverage in the prime time news if not for political point scoring by the Biased Broadcasting Corporation.

Edited by Chewing Grass

Only briefly look at bbc news online for a quick update, however over the last few months it is obvious they are refusing to headline sport unless it's some obscure women's or handicapped variant. 

39 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Only briefly look at bbc news online for a quick update, however over the last few months it is obvious they are refusing to headline sport unless it's some obscure women's or handicapped variant. 

They deliberately obfuscate the fact that it's women's sport as, per the thread title, they are arseholes.

I was hearing about an England cricket victory yesterday when I hadn't known the team was playing.  Then they interviewed the captain and it was a she: "ah, women's cricket" which had most definitely not been mentioned.

Now technically they are correct as it is an English national team but not what people think of as the national team and they deliberately misdirect the listener.

The u12 team is also a national team but they don't report it as such; they just want to annoy people.

8 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

the So-Called BBC tried to do a hatchet job on Nicole Arbour, but they didn’t get the material they needed so shelved it. She recorded the interview too, and released her own version. Very amusing.

On the same theme, Katie Razzall interviewed Lucy Brown about the Yellow Vest movement and spent over an hour trying to get her to dish the dirt on Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (this was before the Panodrama thing), but the So-Called BBC that we can trust to report impartially and not deliver fake news didn't broadcast any of it because she failed:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/noCuGtoifts/

BBC now under investigation by ofcom?
I keep hearing this, something to do with bias over Brexit, and them taking large sums of money from the EU?
Although funny coincidence just after panodrama......

7 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

On the same theme, Katie Razzall interviewed Lucy Brown about the Yellow Vest movement and spent over an hour trying to get her to dish the dirt on Timmy Robertson, (this was before the Panodrama thing), but BBC that we can trust to report impartially and not deliver fake news didn't broadcast any of it because she failed:

Katie Razzall is lovely. :x

I listened to some phone in on the so-called Radio Four yesterday about preparations for Brexit.

To be fair it was reasonably impartial by so-called BBC standards, and they even allowed a couple of callers to ridicule the idea that there would be any problems with supply chains during/after Brexit.

There was also some dopey depressed sounding woman who was taking her children to France because it would be 'safer' than the UK after Brexit. Presumably she thinks bananas going up in price a bit is more dangerous for her children than non-stop rioting and mass Islamic slaughter.

On 12/03/2019 at 10:24, Hail the Tripod said:

the So-Called BBC tried to do a hatchet job on Nicole Arbour, but they didn’t get the material they needed so shelved it. She recorded the interview too, and released her own version. Very amusing.

Never heard of her before, but she's clearly a smart cookie: knew she was walking into a trap and dealt with the stupid "reporter" questions with skill and aplomb. Good work! 

the So-Called BBC are celebrating gang killers.

The gang killers who are YouTube celebrities

Those who kill sometimes achieve a certain level of infamy. But in the case of three young musicians who have been convicted of a gangland murder, their fame preceded their crimes. How did Aristote Yenge, Kyreis Davies and Isaac Calver make such an impression on their hometown?

"They're famous," says 16-year-old Daniel Alfonso, a member of a youth music project in Ipswich. "They would be recognised around here, 100%," agrees his collaborator Martel Ford, who is also 16.

In 2019, it's entirely possible to be known by almost every young person in a town with a population of more than 130,000 people, thanks to the democratising effects of YouTube. If you have something to say and can say it compellingly enough, the audience will find you.

And Yenge, Davies and Calver had both a medium and a message. As members of the trap music collective YTBYTN, their faces and music are recognisable in playgrounds across the Suffolk town.

4 minutes ago, null; said:

the So-Called BBC are celebrating gang killers.

The gang killers who are YouTube celebrities

Those who kill sometimes achieve a certain level of infamy. But in the case of three young musicians who have been convicted of a gangland murder, their fame preceded their crimes. How did Aristote Yenge, Kyreis Davies and Isaac Calver make such an impression on their hometown?

"They're famous," says 16-year-old Daniel Alfonso, a member of a youth music project in Ipswich. "They would be recognised around here, 100%," agrees his collaborator Martel Ford, who is also 16.

In 2019, it's entirely possible to be known by almost every young person in a town with a population of more than 130,000 people, thanks to the democratising effects of YouTube. If you have something to say and can say it compellingly enough, the audience will find you.

And Yenge, Davies and Calver had both a medium and a message. As members of the trap music collective YTBYTN, their faces and music are recognisable in playgrounds across the Suffolk town.

And the establishment worries about the influence of a few far right nutters. o.O

Posted (edited)

Bit of a cross threader,  this thread, fake hate, or Macron's wheels.

The yellow vest movement has faced accusations of anti-Semitism in recent weeks after a prominent Jewish philosopher, Alain Finkielkraut, was targeted by insults and taunts in Paris.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47596476

BBC reporting on yellow vests this weekend, can't help themselves and bring up the anti-semitic abuse at French intellectual Alain Finkielkraut

but didn't mention the attacker turned out to be an islamist.

A “Yellow Vest” protestor who hurled anti-semitic abuse at French intellectual Alain Finkielkraut over the weekend has been identified as a radical Islamic extremist known to French intelligence agencies.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/02/19/yellow-vest-islamist-caught-hurling-anti-semitic-abuse-at-french-jewish-intellectual/

Edited by snaga

1 minute ago, snaga said:

Bit of a cross threader,  this thread, fake hate, or Macron's wheels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47596476

BBC reporting on yellow vests this weekend, can't help themselves and bring up the anti-semitic abuse at French intellectual Alain Finkielkraut

but didn't mention the attacker turned out to be an islamist.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/02/19/yellow-vest-islamist-caught-hurling-anti-semitic-abuse-at-french-jewish-intellectual/

They really are the most odious bunch of tossers. 

On 08/03/2019 at 06:05, Frank Hovis said:

They deliberately obfuscate the fact that it's women's sport as, per the thread title, they are arseholes.

I was hearing about an England cricket victory yesterday when I hadn't known the team was playing.  Then they interviewed the captain and it was a she: "ah, women's cricket" which had most definitely not been mentioned.

Now technically they are correct as it is an English national team but not what people think of as the national team and they deliberately misdirect the listener.

The u12 team is also a national team but they don't report it as such; they just want to annoy people.

I'd started to notice this recently. I'd see headlines like 'England beat Ireland in 6 nations' and think 'huh? England playing Ireland on a Friday night?'

Then click and realise it was the women.

Annoying. Similarly with them giving women's football equal status on the TV. Only a fully funded state broadcaster could do this.

14 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I'd started to notice this recently. I'd see headlines like 'England beat Ireland in 6 nations' and think 'huh? England playing Ireland on a Friday night?'

Annoying. Similarly with them giving women's football equal status on the TV. Only a fully funded state broadcaster could do this.

Prime example right now...

Highlights : England Thrash Scotland to Claim Grand Slam.

18 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

3 minutes ago, gilf said:

Prime example right now...

Highlights : England Thrash Scotland to Claim Grand Slam.

It is bloody annoying; in internet terms it is clickbait.

"England striker injured" on the football page.  Is Harry Kane out?  No it's a woman of whom you've never heard.

They are twisting their stories to appear of interest to the sports fan who then finds that they are reading a story about a team that they don't follow.

They are: arseholes.

2 minutes ago, ccc said:

What a game. :Old:

How right you are!  Just reading about it is exciting:

England 80-0 Scotland: Red Roses win Grand Slam and regain Women's Six Nations

England ran in 12 tries as they crushed Scotland to seal a ninth Six Nations Grand Slam and regain the title.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47596442

(Of course: it's women's rugby, so who GAF.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

It is bloody annoying; in internet terms it is clickbait.

"England striker injured" on the football page.  Is Harry Kane out?  No it's a woman of whom you've never heard.

They are twisting their stories to appear of interest to the sports fan who then finds that they are reading a story about a team that they don't follow.

They are: arseholes.

Don't have an issue with Womens football, as I've said before I watch it often enough. But presenting it like this is trying to suggest it's on an equal footing, it's not, not even close. 

The aforementioned game attracted a crowd of 13,000 as proudly announced on the So-Called BBC

The win over Scotland followed the dramatic draw between the two nations in the men's competition. The attendance for the women's match was announced as 13,278, a record for a non-World Cup England home game.

What it doesn't mention is it directly followed the men's game, ticket got you in to both games.

BBC Headline 

Record 13,000 Attend Womens Rugby

Reality Headline 

69,000 People couldn't be bothered to hang around to watch inferior product even though it was free,

12 minutes ago, gilf said:

Don't have an issue with Womens football, as I've said before I watch it often enough. But presenting it like this is trying to suggest it's on an equal footing, it's not, not even close. 

The aforementioned game attracted a crowd of 13,000 as proudly announced on the So-Called BBC

What it doesn't mention is it directly followed the men's game, ticket got you in to both games.

BBC Headline 

Record 13,000 Attend Womens Rugby

Reality Headline 

69,000 People couldn't be bothered to hang around to watch inferior product even though it was free,

Agreed.

I'm not kicking women's rugby, or football, rather the deceitful way in which the So-Called BBC reports upon it so that you receive the impression that they are referring to the men's game.