• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

1 hour ago, onlyme said:

BBC complaining one tax to justify another. Rightly they didn't base the worth on the quality of the output because it is biased and shit.

BBC news is a division within the larger BBC:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_News

The department's annual budget is in excess of £350 million; it has 3,500 staff, 2,000 of whom are journalists.

Budget of 350m, 2,000 jounros, 1,500 support staff.

And they come out with that shit.

BBC license fee incoem is 3.7bln, so the news take 10% of the fund.

And what in fuck do we get for that spend?

9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

By her logic we would have the strongest economy ever if we gave everybody a million pound 

It would be 

For a month.

Herein lies the problem. We're inside an economic model that is just like this but to a lesser degree. Turn the printing taps off and bennies don't get paid. Bennies don't get paid and the So-Called BBC licence and all the council TV subscriptions are the first to go. Can't be having that can we.

We've all just given up on when it all turns to shit for real. 

2 hours ago, maynardgravy said:

It would be 

For a month.

Herein lies the problem. We're inside an economic model that is just like this but to a lesser degree. Turn the printing taps off and bennies don't get paid. Bennies don't get paid and the So-Called BBC licence and all the council TV subscriptions are the first to go. Can't be having that can we.

We've all just given up on when it all turns to shit for real. 

To be honest, now theyve removed jail for not paying the license, id expect their usual victims - women on benefits - have stopped paying the picense.

Nah, weve onoy got netflix...

Despite being 'poor n disadvanted' all the social housing wimmin will kearn quickly.

On 05/07/2018 at 11:15, ccc said:

You mean like Nadiya Hussain who won series 6 of the British Bake off ? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadiya_Hussain

Have a look at her filmography and work since then. Now let's take the winner from the year before. Contrast and compare. Incredible. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Birtwhistle

In fact let's have a look at series 4 winner as well. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Quinn

In fact all the other winners as well.

Nadiya - with "her" two news shows this year has now been given FOUR shows to present by herself. 

She has also been a judge and co presenter on two others. 

And then of course all the one off appearances that the rest of the winners have to put up with. 

4 personal shows to present all from the So-Called BBC within 3 years. I doubt even Ant and Dec could manage that degree of favouritism from any channel. 

Its ridiculous. She's literally been given millions of pounds because she wears a headscarf. Nothing against her - she's just taking advantage - but the fact that advantage is there is a disgrace. 

I bet a few of the other winners are utterly raging but only let this out to close friends and family. 

And another.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0799w5m

She wants to do this to raise awareness blah blah. Oh and the money. The money. The money. 

Since my above post not even a year ago she has been gifted another 3 series to prevent. Yep. 3. In ten months. 

And now this one. And all the So-Called BBC. Quelle surprise. 

It's fucking outrageous. 

4 minutes ago, ccc said:

And another.

She wants to do this to raise awareness blah blah. Oh and the money. The money. The money. 

Since my above post not even a year ago she has been gifted another 3 series to prevent. Yep. 3. In ten months. 

It's fucking outrageous. 

It would be interesting to know the viewing figures. My guess is that they do not attract a large audience. Done more for the purpose of virtue signalling 

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

It would be interesting to know the viewing figures. My guess is that they do not attract a large audience. Done more for the purpose of virtue signalling 

I think a fair number of people quite like her so I guess her viewing figures are fairly decent - if nothing spectacular. 

Which would be exactly the same for any of the numerous other winners of these shows over the past decade + had they been given the same golden egg she has.....

34 minutes ago, ccc said:

And another.

It's fucking outrageous. 

I saw a bit of that.

It was incoherent babble. Everyone gets anxious about being black, white, ginger, tall, small, new job etc etc etc.

All crap.

What struck me - and I cant get a clip/pic of what I saw -where the modest dress on show.

Here's a modest Nad, wearing similar stuff to her gaggle of sisters and whatnot

nadiya_hussain_anxiety.jpg?itok=gUqcCx_i

Heres some BD wimmin:

AAAF653B-E75B-4098-9835-910CEF57A910_cx0

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ccc said:

Her "panic attacks" clearly were incredibly mild if she managed to win the fucking thing. xD

#Lookatme

I would imaging that swathing yourself head to foot in dark clothing and living within an ideological framework that views and treats women as secondary, would not do wonders for your mental wellbeing. Just sayin’

Edited by One percent

Posted (edited)

Dear reader, surely cancel your TV licence or shut the eff up!

RIP factual journalism.  All hail the new journalistic activism.  RIP pure entertainment.  All hail the new subliminal messaging.

Eff the So-Called BBC, the whole mainstream and social media complex, and the dumb natteratti who inhabit it and the souless lives which live off it.  

DOSBODS excepted, as its information to baseless opinion ratio obviously passes the required level!

Edited by Harley

Goa is pretty weird...mostly now Indian families who've been dragged there by the men. The men have been conditioned to believe a trip to Goa will mean being surrounded by naked white girls, the rest of the family seem confused and scared of getting a sun tan. It's fucked up. 

Imo a lot of native Brits have nothing to do with the countryside either. 

Christian rapists!

Around every corner .... waiting to pounce on girls .....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-48265703

In Manitoba, an insular Mennonite colony in Bolivia whose residents eschew modernity, nine men were rounded up in 2009. Later, they were convicted of the rape and sexual assault of 151 women and girls - including small children - within this small Christian community. So why are Manitoba's leaders now lobbying to free the men from prison?

Unpaved dirt roads run alongside fields of soya and sunflowers and connect the far-flung houses of Manitoba, home to 1,800 people. Treads from the iron wheels of tractors are sunk deep into the mud - rubber tyres are prohibited on motorised vehicles, deemed too modern.

Oh some lunatic ill billies i nthe are end of Bolivia ...

Nice try though.

Strange that. That managed to find 9 christian abusers in Bolivia, a few 1000s miels away but failed  to find 1000s of miprui abusers , up the in Oxford, rotherham etc etc etc.

3 hours ago, Calcutta said:

Goa is pretty weird...mostly now Indian families who've been dragged there by the men. The men have been conditioned to believe a trip to Goa will mean being surrounded by naked white girls, the rest of the family seem confused and scared of getting a sun tan. It's fucked up. 

Imo a lot of native Brits have nothing to do with the countryside either. 

A fair proportion of (white) working class city / town dwellers don't have what seems to be the more middle class concept of taking their kids for a day out every weekend.  For me up to the age of maybe 14 every weekend included a family day out.

In some council estates there is active pride in not leaving them.  I had a 20 year old employee from a council estate background, though bright and articulate rather than the Jeremy Kyle stereotype, working for me in Gloucester who had never been to the Forest of Dean despite having spent his whole life, apart from one year at college, living on a council estate just outside Gloucester.  His parents never took him anywhere.  As soon as he got transport he went there and all over the area every weekend but it was all on his own initiative.  I'd been to most visitable places within a hundred mile radius of where I lived by the age of ten; this was the norm amongst my also middle class friends.

For any not cognizant with the area here is a map.  Twenty miles away maybe.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Sounds good, can I be first in the queue.

Easy, do it yourself, now.

Buy a pen then write six zeros after every number you see - salary, bank balance, notes and coins, prices, fares, etc - and you're there.

Edited by Panther

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I had a 20 year old employee from a council estate background, though bright and articulate rather than the Jeremy Kyle stereotype, working for me in Gloucester who had never been to the Forest of Dean despite having spent his whole life, apart from one year at college, living on a council estate just outside Gloucester.  His parents never took him anywhere.

They were maybe worried he'd meet his relatives!  The Forest is renowned for close families B|

3 hours ago, Harley said:

Eff BBC, the whole mainstream and social media complex  

Noticed various forums on all sorts of interests are being surveyed about BBC and the TV Licence.

Topics are posted with a poll.

Responses are extremely negative, with as high as 80% choosing scrap the licence. A high percentage responding they no longer buy a licence and don't care about watching BBC.

Usually a few posts praise BBC with the usual bollocks, then threads turn ugly.

Almost immediately either a moderator or the original poster deletes the whole thread.

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Noticed various forums on all sorts of interests are being surveyed about BBC and the TV Licence.

Topics are posted with a poll.

Responses are extremely negative, with as high as 80% choosing scrap the licence. A high percentage responding they no longer buy a licence and don't care about watching BBC.

Usually a few posts praise BBC with the usual bollocks, then threads turn ugly.

Almost immediately either a moderator or the original poster deletes the whole thread.

FT comment section is notiorus for this.

SOmethign regarding BBC fuckign up.

Posters say - WHy have a license.

Then youll get a swarm of 'Its only 5-p a day'

Even on the FT site, the tide appears to have turned, with a most commentators having a pop and less defending,.

My kids barely watch telly. We have the odd netflix film or Rick n morty.

Theres no way on earth t heyll be buying a tv license in 10 years time.

My mum and dad watch lots of telly. But they dont pay for their license. And the onlything my mum watches on BBC is antiques roadshow.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 23:21, Wight Flight said:

Feck. I thought I had a good grasp of economics.

That has just rewritten the rule book. With another couple of months of work I reckon they could come up with a perpetual motion machine.

Perhaps someone should ask the So-Called BBC whether this amazing, new-fangled multiplier effect holds true when the 6 million+ immigrants send remittances home.

Every £ they send home permanently withdraws about £8 from our economy.

10 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Perhaps someone should ask the So-Called BBC whether this amazing, new-fangled multiplier effect holds true when the 6 million+ immigrants send remittances home.

Every £ they send home permanently withdraws about £8 from our economy.

I'm sure that they are preparing that story as we speak: Why Immigrants are a Drain upon Britain's Economy; by our Business Editor.