• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Womens Hour was almost comical in the lengths that it would go to excusing women for bad behaviour. 

Anyone trusting another human being with their finances based on their sex alone deserves to lose their shirt IMO.

Silly woke wankers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-50435014

Woman -tick.

BAME - tick.

Lezza? - well she'll probably lez up for a few million con....

What with this lady, Elizabeth Holmes n Theranos surely Womans Hours should be running - 'Should we only trust men?' articles?

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-50435014

Woman -tick.

BAME - tick.

Lezza? - well she'll probably lez up for a few million con....

What with this lady, Elizabeth Holmes n Theranos surely Womans Hours should be running - 'Should we only trust men?' articles.

Thought Woman's Hour, having gone down the rabbit hole, would find a fox!

Today's award is conferred for the So-Called BBC's latest reimagining of the classic, 'The War of the Worlds'.

You'd probably think it would be quite difficult to turn a tale of alien invasion and human apocalypse into a festival of wokeness, female empowerment and anti-colonialism but the So-Called BBC have done so with flying colours. It was, for all the wrong reasons, absolutely spectacular.

Added to that, the dialogue was nut-retractingly cringeworthy, I've seen better CGI on my Xbox and half the plot made literally no sense. 

Don't take my word for it, the mauling it's currently receiving on IMDB speaks volumes.

It's quite possibly the worst thing I've seen on a screen since Ghostbusters. Astoundingly abysmal, shocking treatment of a bonafide classic. HG Wells must he hitting about a thousand RPMs in his grave.

Edit: A genuine line from the series -

"We’ve been doing this to people for years. People who don’t know better. Just think what it would have been like for a man in the jungle to have seen white people for the first time, to not have received friendship but death.” 

:wanker:

Edited by Sgt Hartman

20 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Today's award is conferred for the So-Called BBC's latest reimagining of the classic, 'The War of the Worlds'.

You'd probably think it would be quite difficult to turn a tale of alien invasion and human apocalypse into a festival of wokeness, female empowerment and anti-colonialism but the So-Called BBC have done so with flying colours. It was, for all the wrong reasons, absolutely spectacular.

Added to that, the dialogue was nut-retractingly cringeworthy, I've seen better CGI on my Xbox and half the plot made literally no sense. 

Don't take my word for it, the mauling it's currently receiving on IMDB speaks volumes.

It's quite possibly the worst thing I've seen on a screen since Ghostbusters. Astoundingly abysmal, shocking treatment of a bonafide classic. HG Wells must he hitting about a thousand RPMs in his grave.

"We’ve been doing this to people for years. People who don’t know better. Just think what it would have been like for a man in the jungle to have seen white people for the first time, to not have received friendship but death.” 

This ruination of British culture is only made possible by the unique way that the So-Called BBC is funded. 

By threats, intimidation and imprisonment.

50 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This ruination of British culture is only made possible by the unique way that the So-Called BBC is funded. 

By threats, intimidation and imprisonment.

I must admit, I am starting to look upon the So-Called BBC as a latter day Ministry of Truth.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I must admit, I am starting to look upon the So-Called BBC as a latter day Ministry of Truth.

I tend to view it as a make work scheme for middle class thickies.

mrs spys eytie family all keep up with their english by getting her to record stuff and send it to them.

The popular stuff has been downton abbey and midsummer murder. alll itv stuff.

Theres on who used to get coronation street but he streams that now.

There is literally no bbc programme that she deems worthy of sending over - its all shit.

bbc4 dramas - french or scandi.

Eastenders - laughable.

Other dramas - nope.

I think she tried Troy bu gave up because it was shit.

Ditto jamica Inn.

There were all the big BBC drams, millions spent.

The production wuality is sit (see WoW CGI), the writing is dire, the influence of right-ons is so balance that the original story is ruined.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I could see the way it was going in the first episode so didn't even bother watching after the first 20 mins. Absolute shite. 

HG Wells was a visionary and brilliant writer (wrote loads of other good stuff too), but they managed to make a turd out of his story.

Utter tossers.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

This is the sort of SJW bollocks that they teach in school.  They think these native tribes were living in peace and harmony with each other but the reality was if you saw a member of another tribe on their own then you tried to kill them and take their possessions.  I have previously repeated the ethnographic story from Indonesia of a native tribeswoman being asked about her life history in what appeared to be a restful paradise.  She was on her third husband because each had killed their predecssor to take her; she had no say in the matter. 

The reality of this encounter nine times out of ten would have been the white people being in receipt of incoming spears and arrows from the "friendly" men in the jungle.

"Civilised" is a very important word.  Someone from tribal Pakistan, Afghanistan or most of Africa isn't going to be civilised.

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The reality of this encounter nine times out of ten would have been the white people being in receipt of incoming spears and arrows from the "friendly" men in the jungle.

"Civilised" is a very important word.  Someone from tribal Pakistan, Afghanistan or most of Africa isn't going to be civilised.

Just like the Sentinel Islands today, some spearchuckers living in a society like something out of Event Horizon.

Edited by Panther

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I could see the way it was going in the first episode so didn't even bother watching after the first 20 mins. Absolute shite. 

HG Wells was a visionary and brilliant writer (wrote loads of other good stuff too), but they managed to make a turd out of his story.

Utter tossers.

Unsurprisingly, The Guardian gave this abject load of shite four stars.

Even if you removed the 'wokeness' from it, the series was still objectively awful. Terrible acting, shocking CGI and an incomprehensible storyline, it was, by just about any measure, a complete turd. Yet just because it managed to crowbar in a load of social justice, The Grun thinks it's worthy of plaudits!?

Christ, you could probably have a film that consists entirely of a man with his dick up a hamster. As long as it was directed by a woman and the man occasionally broke off his hamster fucking to extol the worthiness of #metoo and/or his deep colonial guilt then they'd announce it as a 'urgent' masterpiece of cinema and give it five stars.

Pure fucking INGSOC.

5 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Utter tossers.

There was a remake of the War of the Worlds a few years starring Tom Cruise, which wasn't too bad once you got over the modern American setting and Mr Cruise ending every scene by running very fast somewhere.

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

There was a remake of the War of the Worlds a few years starring Tom Cruise, which wasn't too bad once you got over the modern American setting and Mr Cruise ending every scene by running very fast somewhere.

That takes quite a slating but I didn't mind that one, thought it was quite good. However his 'son' in the film was probably one of the most punchably irritating characters of any movie that I can remember. 

I was gutted that he didn't get vapourised.

5 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

was thunderchild in the So-Called BBC version?

On 02/12/2019 at 14:25, Sgt Hartman said:

Unsurprisingly, The Guardian gave this abject load of shite four stars.

Even if you removed the 'wokeness' from it, the series was still objectively awful. Terrible acting, shocking CGI and an incomprehensible storyline, it was, by just about any measure, a complete turd. Yet just because it managed to crowbar in a load of social justice, The Grun thinks it's worthy of plaudits!?

Christ, you could probably have a film that consists entirely of a man with his dick up a hamster. As long as it was directed by a woman and the man occasionally broke off his hamster fucking to extol the worthiness of #metoo and/or his deep colonial guilt then they'd announce it as a 'urgent' masterpiece of cinema and give it five stars.

Pure fucking INGSOC.

I listened to Kermode review the new Charlie’s Angels rehash. So funny! It’s a terrible story with jokes that don’t land, and covered with glitz to make up for it, but pretends he enjoyed it...  

because it promotes women’s empowerment.

Fucking embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I listened to Kermode review the new Charlie’s Angels rehash. So funny! It’s a terrible story with jokes that don’t land, and covered with glitz to make up for it, but pretends he enjoyed it...  

Fucking embarrassing.

I binned his and Mayo's movie program for that very reason after nearly a decade of listening to it. The guy has become so woke compromised that you can't really trust his reviews anymore. 

That and the constant emails from people who went to watch a film; "and as a person of X, I cried seeing my struggle portrayed on screen."

I seem to remember he thought Ghostbusters was ok as well. That's when he lost all credibility with me. He'll happily slate the 'bro' movies but the cringeworthy 'you go girl!' ones seem to  get a free pass. No reviewer worth his salt or possessing of a spine would ever think the subpar cack that is Ghostbusters was a passable or acceptable film, even with the gender politics aside.

On 02/12/2019 at 12:21, spygirl said:

I tend to view it as a make work scheme for middle class thickies.

mrs spys eytie family all keep up with their english by getting her to record stuff and send it to them.

The popular stuff has been downton abbey and midsummer murder. alll itv stuff.

Theres on who used to get coronation street but he streams that now.

There is literally no bbc programme that she deems worthy of sending over - its all shit.

bbc4 dramas - french or scandi.

Eastenders - laughable.

Other dramas - nope.

I think she tried Troy bu gave up because it was shit.

Ditto jamica Inn.

There were all the big BBC drams, millions spent.

The production wuality is sit (see WoW CGI), the writing is dire, the influence of right-ons is so balance that the original story is ruined.

I sat down to watch Troy on Netflix then damaged my tv lobbying an empty beer tin at it when a black Achilles rocked up I’m like wtf .if they had to cash him cast him has an ally of Troy ffs  I can Cope with a black Zeus but all the rest of the murmedom were fucking white except proctropolise 

30 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Fucking embarrassing.

Chance for me to make my joke again.

What's the difference between a Kermode and a commode?

Answer

Trick question - there's is no difference. They are both full of shit.

On 28/11/2019 at 07:39, ccc said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50549432

Lots of MP's are getting abuse. So let's talk to four female MP's about it. 

BBC - fuck right off. :Old:

Women are supposed to be equal to men in all respects, if not greater than them. So then why when there is talk of abuse to MPs are women MPs always mentioned, as if it is somehow worse for them to receive abuse than it is for men?

10 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I sat down to watch Troy on Netflix then damaged my tv lobbying an empty beer tin at it when a black Achilles rocked up I’m like wtf .if they had to cash him cast him has an ally of Troy ffs  I can Cope with a black Zeus but all the rest of the murmedom were fucking white except proctropolise 

Tut tut. Colour is only skin deep.

I await the Nelson Mandela bioptic, starring Barry from Eastenders.

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Tut tut. Colour is only skin deep.

I await the Nelson Mandela bioptic, starring Barry from Eastenders.

That’s my point there would be fucking hell up I’ve only seen one play of shakespears In my life but the person takeing me to educate me in the way of the bard didn’t say it was based in space in the future and all the cast were trying to speak in a Yorkshire accent it was like alien fucking 3 totaly killed it before it started 

Edited by stokiescum

25 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Achilles was also red haired; which is important because it may have been the source of the flame passage in the Iliad as referenced here.  If you're going to ignore this basic characteristic then you may as well have Jo Brand play him as any authenticity has already been lost.

I will go back this morning
     From Imbros over the sea;
Stand in the trench, Achilles,
     Flame-capped, and shout for me.