• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

Carla, who moved to Manchester from Bermuda three years ago with Nai'm, says she was called by his school and told another pupil had called him "a black midget".

Why?

"It was things like, 'Go back to your own country,' because a lot of the children come from different countries," deputy head Lisa Flanagan says.

Oh the irony..

Go back to where you came from. We illegally migrated here first.

11 minutes ago, ccc said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-50331687

Black midget - is that racist ? If he's tiny for his age and is black is that not just a fact ? Maybe an exaggeration but FFS the kid that said it is 9 years old and was his pal O.o

And is now on a council racism register - wtf 

Was it racist or was the kid a complete arsehole?  Kids, unless they are a bulky, tend to be ok with each other.  The question needs to be asked, why was this particular kid bullied so often?  

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Was it racist or was the kid a complete arsehole?  Kids, unless they are a bulky, tend to be ok with each other.  The question needs to be asked, why was this particular kid bullied so often?  

Or was the other kid not used to POC?

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Hes called N'aim.

You need to ask?

Name like that gets straight on mrs spys list of potential cunts and cunt parents.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Or was the other kid not used to POC?

Hes called N'aim.

You need to ask?

Name like that gets straight on mrs spys list of potential cunts and cunt parents.

You can imagine the first conversation with his teacher. Asking his name, the reply would sound like an echo. xD

Just now, One percent said:

You can imagine the first conversation with his teacher. Asking his name, the reply would sound like an echo. xD

Yeah. Any kid with punctation in their forename goes straight on the list.

5 hours ago, spygirl said:

Again, theyve put it in the biziness section!

Fucking unbelievable.

I genuinely don't think there's a single person at the So-Called BBC who understands  anything to do with business, finance or anything to do with numbers. It's worse than the guardian, not to mention the Sun and the Daily Mail (seriously, they both have surprisingly good business sections)

46 minutes ago, hapax legomenon said:

N'aim is Gaelic if I'm correct and is actually pronounced 'Derek' 

What's your source, the best I can find is:

Naim, var. Naeem
Stems fr. Arabic. "To be contented." Naeem (UPPER 23%) and Naim (24%) appear commonly as last names.

Nairn, var. Nairne
Derivative of Scottish, Gaelic elements. "River with alder trees." Nafirn and Narn are creative forms.

10 hours ago, eight said:

Seen the trailer for tonight's Dracula. I think Van Helsing is black.

Im trying to watch this.

Dracula is talking to Harker.

Dracula has 8 kids, all daft. He wants to know many bennies he can claim....

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Knock the lot off them off their pedestals

I'd consider myself insane if I paid a TV license

29 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I'd not seen this before. What awful behaviour.

Child - stuck at 6 years-old.

Edited by Hopeful

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Knock the lot off them off their pedestals

I'd consider myself insane if I paid a TV license

It's an incredible story.

Woman paid £440 for a few minutes reading to camera complains about being unfairly paid because a man is paid £3k for a similar role.

Claims £700k back pay.

BBC pay is impossible to justify while funded by the TV Licence.

1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

It's an incredible story.

Woman paid £440 for a few minutes reading to camera complains about being unfairly paid because a man is paid £3k for a similar role.

Claims £700k back pay.

BBC pay is impossible to justify while funded by the TV Licence.

Can we claim money back from the man?

17 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

speak_n_spell.gif

£30 one off payment.

Seem to be a few articles on the So-Called BBC website recently that seemed to be designed to put people off joining the army.

Army recruits sold a lie by ad campaign, says mum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-50978939

Armed forces: 'I left because the job is boring and the pay is terrible'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-50976302

17 minutes ago, xyz said:

Seem to be a few articles on the So-Called BBC website recently that seemed to be designed to put people off joining the army.

Army recruits sold a lie by ad campaign, says mum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-50978939

I like that they are reflecting the reality. The forces, at the non-officer level, have traditionally been an escape route for those from difficult circumstances and for those it provides the stability that they crave.

Anybody joining up Private Benjamin style thinking that it represents a wonderful enhancement to their lifestyle is going to be disappointed and leave which doesn't serve anyone well.

14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I like that they are reflecting the reality. The forces, at the non-officer level, have traditionally been an escape route for those from difficult circumstances and for those it provides the stability that they crave.

Anybody joining up Private Benjamin style thinking that it represents a wonderful enhancement to their lifestyle is going to be disappointed and leave which doesn't serve anyone well.

Indeed. It won't be the high life but compared to working in the local Amazon warehouse or Tesco filling shelves ? 

For your average 17 year old from a rough background willing to put in some effort - it's a no brainer. 

6 minutes ago, ccc said:

Indeed. It won't be the high life but compared to working in the local Amazon warehouse or Tesco filling shelves ? 

For your average 17 year old from a rough background willing to put in some effort - it's a no brainer. 

A few of my old work chums did very well in the forces.

10 minutes ago, ccc said:

Yes, if you're stuck on a till or on a call centre it's a great escape.

Despite my being a huge fan of outsourcing, when properly done, and Capita being my alma mater I think the decision to outsource has been a disaster.  The recruitment process is now lengthy and shambolic and the two idiotic campaigns for snowflakes and weirdos are merely attempts to hide that IMO.

1 hour ago, xyz said:

The pay isn't terrible.  Sure, the headline figure is lowish (it'll be about £15k), but that's for a training role -- when trained (not that long) it'll go up.  I'd compare that with the training for a civil engineer (say), which will be worse than -£15k for a fairly long 3 years or so.  Also, everything is subsidised or free -- that £15k will go a very long way compared with real life.

The armed forces aren't for everyone, but it isn't a bad place to be if you fit in.