• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Theyve let him do an opted.

https://www.ft.com/content/13276774-33c0-11ea-a329-0bcf87a328f2

the So-Called BBC’s formula for success relies on the funding model

A vision for Global Britain must include the corporation, its unique reach and role in UK creative industries

Er, I thought that was an "EU vision", at least this time last year. 

And yes, it's "unique reach and role in UK creative industries", as elsewhere, is an issue.  A global vision sans you lot.

You now wanna be global?  Then just eff off to Canada or something.

And our "formula for success" involves cutting your monstrous funding off at the knees.

Edited by Harley

Beeb always do this sort of thing if their funding is threatened.

Every time their review of funding is due, they get out a programme showing how wonderful they are.

Guess that the recent woke 'War of the Worlds' won't exactly help.

Clearly Boris has them worried, probably going back through all their old discs right now to see how they insulted him.

Bet the licence is decriminalised anyway.

23 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Been watching Father Brown this week. Set in 1953, all four episodes I've watched so far have had prominent BAME characters. 

In one episode, the local inspector was scolded for "only ever arresting the dark-skinned people". O.o

We should switch the idea around and attack the racist BBC. When looking at BBC programs from the last century, it is quite clear to see that it was an institutionally racist institution.

Why does the So-Called BBC have a racist history of erasing the people of colour from British history until the past couple of decades?

52 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

We should switch the idea around and attack the racist BBC. When looking at BBC programs from the last century, it is quite clear to see that it was an institutionally racist institution.

Why does the So-Called BBC have a racist history of erasing the people of colour from British history until the past couple of decades?

I think they are slowly fixing that by saying "we lost / wrote over the tapes"

Bbc has been plugging 'swishing' all day.

Basically, virtue signalling women swap clothes at 'events'  I.e. drink a lot of wine and pretend they've saved the planet because they aren't buying new clothes.

However, the So-Called BBC itself had an article on this new phenomenon in 2008.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7563318.stm

Of couse, if anyone gets a heads up on any of felicity Kendall's appearing,  then please let me know.

5 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Been watching Father Brown this week. Set in 1953, all four episodes I've watched so far have had prominent BAME characters. 

In one episode, the local inspector was scolded for "only ever arresting the dark-skinned people". O.o

I have been watching wolf hall on dvd,it pains me to say it about the So-Called BBC, but it is very good,

Its very realistic,so realistic even to the point of everyone in it, is white

11 hours ago, NewryH said:

Of couse, if anyone gets a heads up on any of felicity Kendall's appearing,  then please let me know.

I doubt they’d fit you. She was so teeny tiny. 

12 hours ago, NewryH said:

Bbc has been plugging 'swishing' all day.

Basically, virtue signalling women swap clothes at 'events'  I.e. drink a lot of wine and pretend they've saved the planet because they aren't buying new clothes.

However, the So-Called BBC itself had an article on this new phenomenon in 2008.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7563318.stm

If only wimmin could be more like men, who tend to have a 10th of the the clothes n shows.

Maybe BBC needs to start backing a clothes-shaming, aimed at wimmin?

There was a very interesting programme about the availability of infertility treatment (well, egg donors) in BAME on R4 yesterday evening.  I know -- sounds dreadful, and I almost turned it off when it started...  But it was fascinating, to the point where I was surprised it was broadcast.

Essentially, it featured a woman who had suffered because of unavailability of eggs in her demographic, who then moaned about how awful it all was.  She went around moaning and shrieking to everyone about it:  This is racist; Do something about it; It is awful that this is allowed to continue.   At no point did she acknowledge that it was BAME groups that were to blame -- it was the white NHS.

It was even better than that, though.  She just kept on being wrong, and had to have her incorrect take on things pointed out -- at which point she just moaned and shrieked more about the racism.

It turned out to be an excellent programme about how the current mindset just can't be met with calm logic -- the response is just racism in itself.

[I note this thing about Sheffield uni going woke -- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-51098539 -- every challenge, including to an illogical mindset, is a microagression and must be stopped]

Having read the above just ignoring someone will be classed as micro-aggression punishable by sanction.

Universities have truly become the embodiment of Big Brother, 1984 and the trashing of frank and honest discussion.

Edit - paid informants as well.

Edited by Chewing Grass

43 minutes ago, dgul said:

There was a very interesting programme about the availability of infertility treatment (well, egg donors) in BAME on R4 yesterday evening.  I know -- sounds dreadful, and I almost turned it off when it started...  But it was fascinating, to the point where I was surprised it was broadcast.

Essentially, it featured a woman who had suffered because of unavailability of eggs in her demographic, who then moaned about how awful it all was.  She went around moaning and shrieking to everyone about it:  This is racist; Do something about it; It is awful that this is allowed to continue.   At no point did she acknowledge that it was BAME groups that were to blame -- it was the white NHS.

It was even better than that, though.  She just kept on being wrong, and had to have her incorrect take on things pointed out -- at which point she just moaned and shrieked more about the racism.

It turned out to be an excellent programme about how the current mindset just can't be met with calm logic -- the response is just racism in itself.

[I note this thing about Sheffield uni going woke -- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-51098539 -- every challenge, including to an illogical mindset, is a microagression and must be stopped]

Surely she is the racist if she is specifying she doesn't want "white" eggs.

Is it because she knows that whatever racial classification she fits in to wouldn't accept a white child due to their racism and prejudice.

1 hour ago, dgul said:

In addition it is a logical conclusion that the University has ideological Stasi informants i.e. inoffizielle Mitarbeiter (iMs) and is emulating East Germany. 'The result was a society in which residents often did not know whom to trust, and in which few attempted to share their private thoughts with anyone but close friends or colleagues. A popular saying in East Germany was that whenever three people engaged in a conversation, one was bound to be a Stasi informant.'

Edited by Chewing Grass

2 hours ago, dgul said:

Sounds like a blacked up version of one of my sisters ...

Pure tabloid scum reporting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-51073884/student-rape-reports-the-battle-to-be-believed

Student rape reports: The battle to be believed

Three women who reported being violently sexually assaulted by fellow students – including one woman who says she was bitten and left with bruises – have told the So-Called BBC the perpetrators got away with it.

A number of UK universities say they are taking action to improve safety on campus but, as reports of sexual misconduct at universities rise, questions remain about how seriously the issue is being taken.

If you have been affected by sexual abuse or violence, help and support is available at BBC Action Line.

Any crime needs to be problem not believed.

Rape moprhs to be an sexual assault within 2 sentences. Of course, leaving out what the alleged sexual assault is which may be biting or it may be arse grabbed.

The uni faculty is not there to prove guilt. If they occurred, these are crimes and are for the police.

On the radio no. New sunday drama

Oliver Twist - a radical retelling.

Here we go ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000df93

Episode 1

Episode 1 of 3

Charles Dickens’ novel Oliver Twist is a powerful indictment of child poverty and exploitation, as relevant now as when it was written. A young orphan’s epic search for family and home lies at the heart of award winning writer Ayeesha Menon’s radical updating of Dickens’ story to modern day Nigeria and the refugee journey to Britain.

It's a classic story reimagined as a powerful and moving drama for today.

Episode 1:
Ogoniland, rural Nigeria. Ten year old Oli plays with best friend Mene. Innocent games against a background of fear because, the next day, the oil company are coming to take their land. When the villagers fight back many of them are killed, leaving Oli and Mene as orphans who only have each other.

They have to find work to survive, at a mining camp run by ruthless Tinube. Ambitious documentary maker Jann persuades Oli to take him down the mine to film, but Tinube is furious and locks Oli away. When Oli is released, he discovers Mene has been sold and taken away, and he is left truly alone.

Oli’s journey to find his best friend leads him to Lagos where a chance meeting with streetwise Dodger and his gang sparks a series of events that none of them can outrun.

Now Oliver did not fuck off to another coutnry, did he.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

The uni faculty is not there to prove guilt. If they occurred, these are crimes and are for the police.

Exactly.  There are regular stories of women being sexually assaulted at work and they tell their employer yet nothing is done.

I always wonder why they don't go straight to the police.  An employer or university is just going to want such things to "go away" and will try to hush it up by having a "quiet word" with the offender.

I would say "man up" and go to the police yourself but in most cases it would be "woman up".

These are corporate bodies who do not want ripples on their pool; they are not your parents looking out for you.