• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

BBC chairman warns against not having a licence means we won't gather round the tv like it was the 1970s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51472969

One point he made that I agree with...  Gavin and Stacey Christmas special uniting families.

Mine all agreed it was utter shit. And we liked the series'.  There seems to be a real 'emperor's new clothes' about this one off special.

I thin kthe BBC have accepted some sort of tiered access, via the interweb.

For the kids i.e. anyone under free TV license age.

Its going to be a very hard wakeup when the numbers start turning up.

If I  worked a tthe the So-Called BBC and was under 55 then Id be looking for another pension.

23 minutes ago, NewryH said:

BBC chairman warns against not having a licence means we won't gather round the tv like it was the 1970s.

One point he made that I agree with...  Gavin and Stacey Christmas special uniting families.

Mine all agreed it was utter shit. And we liked the series'.  There seems to be a real 'emperor's new clothes' about this one off special.

What an admission. No it definitely isn't like the 70's, there was some half decent programming without all the preaching/social engineering.

24 minutes ago, NewryH said:

A diminished BBC would weaken the country as a whole, the corporation's chairman will warn in a speech later.

• 10. Posted byOld Bob

on3 hours ago

the So-Called BBC does not 'bring the country together'

Over the past 3 years it seems to have worked hard to drive us all apart

• Rate comment number 10 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 10:606
    • Rate comment number 10 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 10:143
  • Comment number1. Posted byWhoa Neddy

on3 hours ago

Sir David Clementi will say putting the broadcaster's services behind a paywall would lessen its ability to "bring the country together".

------

What ? They are behind a paywall. A £154.50 a year paywall in case he’d forgotten that small fact.

• Rate comment number 1 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 1:481
    • Rate comment number 1 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 1:85
  • Comment number3. Posted byDo settle down at the back there

on3 hours ago

In his speech in Salford, Sir David will say: "the So-Called BBC is a great national asset; a diminished BBC is a weakened United Kingdom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now that takes arrogance and an over-inflated opinion of your own self-worth to another level.

I have no idea who Slowthai is, but he is a Boris Johnson hating rapper by some accounts. I'm sure that would not influence how the So-Called BBC would report on a little incident at the NME awards, check out the two headlines below and see if you can guess which is the So-Called BBC and which is the DM:

------------------------------------------------------------

NME Awards: Slowthai confronts fan after winning hero of the year

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Boris Johnson-hating 'hero of the year' rapper Slowthai FIGHTS the crowd at the NME Awards after lewdly sexually harassing presenter Katherine Ryan on stage in front of shocked audience

• Slowthai threw his microphone into the audience only to have it thrown back then launched the champagne
  • Ugly exchange followed as rapper, 25, then jumped off the stage and lunged at a member of the audience
  • He urged Katherine Ryan to 'smell my cologne' and told her: 'You ain't ever had anyone play with you like me' 
  • The comedian responded by ridiculing him from of the audience as the audience cheered her response 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As highlighted on the Sargon channel, take a look at the reviews here. Dozens of reviews in the past hour, almost universally negative. 

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.bbc.co.uk

Today seems to mark a new level in hatred for this disgusting racist and completely discredited organisation with a long history of covering up utterly disgusting crimes.

Fuck You BBC!

Number of female homicide victims reaches highest level since 2006!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51491021

There were 241 female victims of murder, manslaughter and infanticide in the 12 months to the end of March 2019, up 10% on the previous year.

OMG!!!! Something *MUST* be done!!!!

Half way donw the page, in a short sentence:

The ONS said the year-on-year decline was driven by a fall in male victims - down 11%, from 484 to 429.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

There are some people who apparently think that the So-Called BBC is too right wing

In addition to being: woke, remain, pro mass immigration

They don't like: Corbyn / Momentum

They do like: the Royals

So I can see an out and out SJW picking up on their love of the royals and dislike of Momentum to characterise them as "right wing".

It is an odd set of views to hold but that's the So-Called BBC who don't get a penny from me and I actually cost them money because of the threatening letters they send to me.

8 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

.....because of the threatening letters they send to me.

You actually read them?  I just remove my address, while the letter stays in the envelope, and recycle.  I think the recycle bit is important as I don't want to cause offence!

5 minutes ago, Harley said:

You actually read them?  I just remove my address, while the letter stays in the envelope, and recycle.  I think the recycle bit is important as I don't want to cause offence!

I did the first couple of rounds.

Now like you I just shred my address and bin.

This week's was the one with the date ringed "Will you be in on..." that shows through the envelope window.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I did the first couple of rounds.

Now like you I just shred my address and bin.

This week's was the one with the date ringed "Will you be in on..." that shows through the envelope window.

They like to try and trick you with an assortment of envelopes, etc but as all things BBC, not very good.  Stand out like Stazi at a rock concert.

2 minutes ago, Harley said:

They like to try and trick you with an assortment of envelopes, etc but as all things BBC, not very good.  Stand out like Stazi at a rock concert.

They need to vary the cycle.

I have had five "investigations launched" which then all seem to be cancelled.

I have posted before that I was visting a derelict house which, for some unknown reason, had its bathroom right off the hall by the front door.

The house had been empty for at least five years, though kept secure, and the occasional visitor doing a check would chuck the post into the bath.

In amongst the pizza leaflets were the TV licence threatening letters that were still being received by a clearly derelict house.  The Post Office is paid for delivering them so they'll just keep doing that.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The Post Office is paid for delivering them so they'll just keep doing that.

Just the tip of the profligate BBC iceberg methinks.  

PS:. Presumably they had to increase the licence fee given the increased number of letters to be sent!

Edited by Harley

21 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I don't pay the TV licence and I just don't feel guilty about it. There comes a point when it's morally wrong to give money to an organisation that campaigns against British people.

Surely a good case to demand it register as a political party or pressure group.

4 hours ago, Harley said:

Will you be in on February the 26th? Since you havent replied to are correspondents you leave us no option but to open are 109th investigation on you,

To stop us not visiting you on the 26th just cough up you meddlesome peasant!

3 hours ago, ninjaborrower said:

Will you be in on February the 26th? Since you havent replied to are correspondents you leave us no option but to open are 109th investigation on you,

To stop us not visiting you on the 26th just cough up you meddlesome peasant!

Oh, how rude of me.  Perhaps if I knew they'd be bringing chocs and flowers....

Edited by Harley

Subscription basis from 2027 and an axe taken to the bloated behemoth.

'They've got hundreds of radio stations, they've got all these TV stations and a massive website. The whole thing needs massive pruning back.

'They should have a few TV stations, a couple of radio stations and massively curtailed online presence and put more money and effort into the World Service which is part of its core job.

'The PM is firmly of the view that there needs to be serious reform. He is really strident on this.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8008907/Boris-Johnson-vows-scrap-licence-fee-subscription-service.html