• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

gibbon

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

12 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

It's John.C.Reilly blacked up - honest have a look.

689756001_Screenshotfrom2020-06-2909-09-29.png.bb654204d599f0297651c98b9e8e79ec.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talladega_Nights:_The_Ballad_of_Ricky_Bobby

https://www.greatblackheroes.com/sports/wendell-scott/

Wendell had a very light complexion and blue eyes, and as such many white people did not realize that he was Black. He was not immune to the ill effects of racism, however. He seemed destined to follow in his father’s shoes, racing white kids on his bicycle or on roller skates. He was the only Black kid in his town with a bicycle and it helped him to achieve a certain level of status. Because of the depression, even children were looked upon to help to contribute to the family’s financial situation. Wendell played his part, working various jobs. He was able to save some money and bought his first car for $15.00.

c8ec17b7-6a87-450d-b71d-48cb5ce4721e-206

Greased_Lightning_(VHS_cover).jpg

I'd recently that China has been funding the BBC. Couldn't find it but I did find an older one.

BBC's Africa funded by China

25 Jan 2013

Chinese state broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) has invested in at least four BBC programmes since 2008.

Among the four is Africa, the BBC's new wildlife documentary epic – featuring Sir David Attenborough – which has left millions of viewers entranced with its close-ups of animals and panoramic shots of unspoilt wildernesses across the vast continent.

Mark Reynolds, Director of Factual at BBC Worldwide, described CCTV as "really quite an important partner in terms of factual programming".

8 minutes ago, JackieO said:

I'd recently that China has been funding the BBC. Couldn't find it but I did find an older one.

BBC's Africa funded by China

Interesting, although I only saw the headline, as I do not subscribe to the Telegraph. I was easier to understand when the Empire Service was funded by the FCO.

2 hours ago, hapax legomenon said:

BBC Countryfile say BAME people receive a hostile reception in the countryside which makes them less likely to want to go there. This video seems to back that up

Is this what Antiques Roadshow now looks like with the BBC's 20% compulsory Bammies policy?
'This is a beautiful example of an early 90s Argos coffee table, which at auction could probably fetch around...25 pence.'

30 minutes ago, Royston said:

Not sure if this has already been covered here...

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/defund-the-bbc

https://twitter.com/defundbbc?lang=en

I do wonder how ling the BBC has left, as it is.

Its shit.

I watch more ch4 than BBC.

I mainly watch Netflix or prime.

Even though I am a license payer, I can justify it as I listen to radio, although tye programmes are shrinking, with even stuff like Whingers today being lesbuan and BAME infected.

I suffer from insomnia periodically.  So I listen to World Service all the time whose job, on behalf of the Blairite Global Elite, is to indoctrinate the rest of the world with their agenda.   They have 2 big issues right now and have had since approx 10.03.20:

1.  To ridicule Trump in every headline,  snarky comments

2.  To totally exaggerate Cov, especially Brazil etc

i get the feeling the 2 may be connected.  Lockdown USA and postal votes in place of the good citizens of Texas rocking up at the ballot box in November.

On a separate note I received the nicest email ever from Ms K Hopkins.  Will reply and update.

44 minutes ago, Ina said:

I suffer from insomnia periodically.  So I listen to World Service all the time whose job, on behalf of the Blairite Global Elite, is to indoctrinate the rest of the world with their agenda.   They have 2 big issues right now and have had since approx 10.03.20:

1.  To ridicule Trump in every headline,  snarky comments

2.  To totally exaggerate Cov, especially Brazil etc

i get the feeling the 2 may be connected.  Lockdown USA and postal votes in place of the good citizens of Texas rocking up at the ballot box in November.

On a separate note I received the nicest email ever from Ms K Hopkins.  Will reply and update.

I've said previously I used to love listening to the World Service (especially in the middle of the night if awake) it had some really interesting and obscure reports and programmes on.

But now EVERY single item on there is just an indoctrination piece on female empowerment,  gender inequality, LGBQTT "issues" or the plight of "refugees" or as you say some anti-Trump propaganda. 

3 hours ago, hapax legomenon said:

BBC Countryfile say BAME people receive a hostile reception in the countryside which makes them less likely to want to go there. This video seems to back that up

Enfield london borough a strange place. The north side is mostly green belt. The east side is shite. Wonder where the fly tipper comes from?

17 hours ago, hapax legomenon said:

That's not bad furniture either.  Couldn't even be bothered to find someone who could use it... 

The sad thing is that Radio 4 (and in a small way, Radios 3 and 5) still produce some good stuff.

Programmes like Money Box, Wake Up To Money (R5), Choral Evensong (R3) the Daily Service (R4 LW), In Our Time and Tom Wrigglesworths Hang UPs are usually good.

There are still the occasional good documentary and play.

But you have to balance that against the endless dross about bammies, wimmin, refugees, Islam, some hitherto unknown and obscure part of British culture which is now known to be racist, trannies, environmentalism, anti-Trump, etc. Almost every programme latches on to one or more of these themes within minutes.

4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The sad thing is that Radio 4 (and in a small way, Radios 3 and 5) still produce some good stuff.

Programmes like Money Box, Wake Up To Money (R5), Choral Evensong (R3) the Daily Service (R4 LW), In Our Time and Tom Wrigglesworths Hang UPs are usually good.

But you have to balance that against the endless dross about bammies, wimmin, refugees, Islam, some hitherto unknown and obscure part of British culture which is now known to be racist, trannies, environmentalism, anti-Trump, etc. Almost every programme latches on to one or more of these themes within minutes.

I never thought I'd say this, me being a punk rocker in my youth, but Radio 3 is now my go-to music station now. It is politics free - and cleanses my soul. 

8 minutes ago, Charles Carter said:

I never thought I'd say this, me being a punk rocker in my youth, but Radio 3 is now my go-to music station now. It is politics free - and cleanses my soul. 

They do occasionally stray into politicised stuff - the relentless push for bammy musicians and women/lesbian conductors is never far away, for example, but overall I agree it is about the music. They also have quite a conservative focus on early music rather than too much jangly 'atonal' nonsense.

Choral Evensong is one of the best examples of something that is traditional but evolving. One week it could be a setting from the 17th century and the next it could be completely modern, but because it has to work within the framework of the liturgy, it can never go too off the wall.

3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Can't remember the last time I heard any content on Money Box that wasn't just something related to how the ''vulnerable'' need some form of additional help.

(The ''vulnerable'' being feckless debt junkies, Tax Credit Queens, full time single mummies or ''Self Employed'' cupcake makers).

And yes I agree every other programme on there, be it factual or fictional, can be guaranteed to shoehorn in a bammie, trannie or feminist angle into it without exception. 

On 30/06/2020 at 18:50, spygirl said:

Even though I am a license payer, I can justify it as I listen to radio, although tye programmes are shrinking, with even stuff like Whingers today being lesbuan and BAME infected.

You don't need a license to listen to the radio. [Is that why it's called the TV license, perhaps?]

19 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

An unintentionally funny programme on Radio 4 yesterday.

An ornithologist was describing how cuckoos made the dangerous journey from Africa to Britain, to lay it's eggs here. Clumsy analogies were made with refugees.

Considering that the cuckoo arrives, kills the native's offspring and then fucks off leaving some other poor bugger to bear the cost of raising her kids, they might have chosen their metaphor more carefully...

I have often wondered how a leftie liberal who also happens to be a keen naturalist squares the circle with regards to recognising the harm that invasive non-native species wreak on natural habitats and ecosystems and the efforts that are made to prevent them from coming or eradicating them if they have arrived... whilst also being in favour of unlimited mass immigration.

We should be welcoming Japanese Knotweed and Giant Hornets... they're only coming here to try and make better lives for themselves.

20 minutes ago, Royston said:

I have often wondered how a leftie liberal who also happens to be a keen naturalist squares the circle with regards to recognising the harm that invasive non-native species wreak on natural habitats and ecosystems and the efforts that are made to prevent them from coming or eradicating them if they have arrived... whilst also being in favour of unlimited mass immigration.

We should be welcoming Japanese Knotweed and Giant Hornets... they're only coming here to try and make better lives for themselves.

been there in conversation, got the badge.

"humans are all one species.  It's wrong to compare them with invasive species as they can interbreed.  we're all the same'

"ah, you mean like invasive fish species such as the brown trout that interbreed with native trout and are seen as a major problem?  Or the fact that humans have such a large biodiversity that in other species would be called difference enough to be classified individually?"

at this point they tend to call you racist and run away.

I thought Linnaeus started classifying species based on what they looked like.  After people started looking at DNA to see how different species were related, changes had to be made.

13 hours ago, DocH said:

You don't need a license to listen to the radio. [Is that why it's called the TV license, perhaps?]

Not since 1969.