DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

BBC news is talking about the lack of social housing. Seemingly 4 million people need social housing. 

People interviewed were white British. Ffs, any other time the bbc goes out there way to get immigrants on telly. Then a story like this it's white people getting interviewed.

Not one mention that if we reduced immigration there would be more houses for brits.

I'm sooooooooo glad I dont pay a TV licence.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An unintentionally funny programme on Radio 4 yesterday. An ornithologist was describing how cuckoos made the dangerous journey from Africa to Britain, to lay it's eggs here. Clumsy analogies wer

Everyone has a transactional marriage/relationship. It’s just that some people are either ignorant or in denial. 

Posted Images

Breathless report on Justin Welbies view on corona virus and how to treat it and how local government should be involved.

'Justin Welby thinks that centralisation was right at the start'

'Justin Welby thinks local government should take over and delver stuff'

Why the fuck not say Archbishop of Canterbury says, which is what he is.

Why not mention no fucker goes to church and Justin Welby cant keep his vicars cocks out of choirboys arses?

Justin Welby has no better idea on how run stuff then a drunk in the fucking pub, hes the head trucking vicar of a crap religious org.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/justin-welby-rallies-against-centralisation-of-coronavirus-decisions/ar-BB194ywP

The Archbishop of Canterbury has called on ministers to stop controlling people’s freedoms from Westminster, saying instead they should “only do centrally what must be done centrally”.

Yes, the head of the CoE did say that.

The Most Rev Justin Welby said the Government had “determined the daily details of our lives” during the coronavirus lockdown in a way “few of us have experienced”, as he argued instead for localism.

Writing in the Daily Telegraph, the archbishop said: “It makes sense to look instinctively for central direction in such an acute crisis, and we’re indebted to the roles many played in doing so, especially those who organised the NHS to cope with the increased demand.

“Within the Church there are lessons to be learnt about the role and importance of central guidance and its crucial interplay with government rules that exist for the benefit of all.

“But with a vaccine still far from certain, infection rates rising and winter on the horizon, the new normal of living with Covid-19 will only be sustainable – or even endurable – if we challenge our addiction to centralisation and go back to an age-old principle: only do centrally what must be done centrally.”

The Telegraph quoted a source close to Mr Welby as saying he was “deeply concerned about Christmas and the impact of the ‘rule of six’ on the vulnerable, the needy, the poor and the elderly”.

“He is concerned about families being kept apart and the knock-on effect that has, particularly on people who are on their own,” the source said.

The “rule of six” – banning gatherings of more than six people indoors and outdoors – came into force on Monday.

It is intended to simplify and strengthen the rules on social gatherings amid rising coronavirus cases.

34 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Breathless report on Justin Welbies view on corona virus and how to treat it and how local government should be involved.

Why not mention no fucker goes to church and Justin Welby cant keep his vicars cocks out of choirboys arses?

Justin Welby has no better idea on how run stuff then a drunk in the fucking pub, hes the head trucking vicar of a crap religious org.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/justin-welby-rallies-against-centralisation-of-coronavirus-decisions/ar-BB194ywP

The Archbishop of Canterbury has called on ministers to stop controlling people’s freedoms from Westminster, saying instead they should “only do centrally what must be done centrally”.

The Most Rev Justin Welby said the Government had “determined the daily details of our lives” during the coronavirus lockdown in a way “few of us have experienced”, as he argued instead for localism.

Writing in the Daily Telegraph, the archbishop said: “It makes sense to look instinctively for central direction in such an acute crisis, and we’re indebted to the roles many played in doing so, especially those who organised the NHS to cope with the increased demand.

“Within the Church there are lessons to be learnt about the role and importance of central guidance and its crucial interplay with government rules that exist for the benefit of all.

“But with a vaccine still far from certain, infection rates rising and winter on the horizon, the new normal of living with Covid-19 will only be sustainable – or even endurable – if we challenge our addiction to centralisation and go back to an age-old principle: only do centrally what must be done centrally.”

The Telegraph quoted a source close to Mr Welby as saying he was “deeply concerned about Christmas and the impact of the ‘rule of six’ on the vulnerable, the needy, the poor and the elderly”.

“He is concerned about families being kept apart and the knock-on effect that has, particularly on people who are on their own,” the source said.

The “rule of six” – banning gatherings of more than six people indoors and outdoors – came into force on Monday.

It is intended to simplify and strengthen the rules on social gatherings amid rising coronavirus cases.

I've always been more of a fan of his brother Elton and his sports reports. 

3 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I've always been more of a fan of his brother Elton and his sports reports. 

If you missed the start, youd have thought it was someone important.

if theyd stuck to saying ArchBish of Cant rather than Justin Welby then everyone could discount.

I dont give a fuck what a fucking vicar thinks. They are all fucking daft.

45 minutes ago, spygirl said:

if given the chance, local authorities will be far more draconian than central government. They won't consider the economy and expect central government to cough up instead.

Edited by snaga
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

There's a difference between Justin Welby and The Archbishop of Canterbury.  The former is just a person (albeit one in the House of Lords), the latter is head of the Church of England. 

• If he was speaking as the head of the CoE (he was) he should have been referred to as such. 
  • If he was asked his opinion on the relative merits of diesel vs steam for a train set he should be referred to as Justin Welby (who happens to be Archbish of Canterbury).

Of course, it is very likely that the BBC would get it exactly the wrong way around.

11 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

A guy I knew said Nilson chatted to him in a London pub. Timeline matches when he was in London. The guy I know died due to diabetes which maybe shows you can't cheat fate.

I have this rare but recurring dream theme where I’m trying to dispose of bodies/body parts in a Neilsonesque way without getting caught.

Maybe I got it from watching fried green tomatoes at the whistle stop cafe (now that is one superficially chick flick that dosbodders would appreciate)  or this, one of the sickest, funniest half hours of TV I’ve ever seen:

https://archer.fandom.com/wiki/Lo_Scandalo

or maybe I’m the next Neilsson? O.o

Edited by Melchett
17 minutes ago, dgul said:

There's a difference between Justin Welby and The Archbishop of Canterbury.  The former is just a person (albeit one in the House of Lords), the latter is head of the Church of England. 

• If he was speaking as the head of the CoE (he was) he should have been referred to as such. 
  • If he was asked his opinion on the relative merits of diesel vs steam for a train set he should be referred to as Justin Welby (who happens to be Archbish of Canterbury).

Of course, it is very likely that the BBC would get it exactly the wrong way around.

I missed the start. All I heard was 'Justin Welby'

I was slowly trying to think if he was one of the scientists in the TV shows.

Or some sort of knowledgeable person.

Ill hear his opinions when he stops Pikeys nicking his lead.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I missed the start. All I heard was 'Justin Welby'

I was slowly trying to think if he was one of the scientists in the TV shows.

Or some sort of knowledgeable person.

Ill hear his opinions when he stops Pikeys nicking his lead.

Hmm.  He has a in important voice wrt the ethics of our current times.  So, I'd listen to his views if (eg) he said that we should stop lock-down because the deaths would be an acceptable price for the return to a more normal existence (etc).

2 hours ago, snaga said:

if given the chance, local authorities will be far more draconian than central government. They won't consider the economy and expect central government to cough up instead.

If the powers were devolved then you would just end up with hundreds of different rules. It would be even more incomprehensible than it is now. In addition my experience of local bureaucrats are even more hopeless than central government ones.

3 hours ago, snaga said:

Apparently Newcastle city council are trying to engineer a local lockdown for little more reason than to to "stick one to the tories"

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

If you missed the start, youd have thought it was someone important.

if theyd stuck to saying ArchBish of Cant rather than Justin Welby then everyone could discount.

I dont give a fuck what a fucking vicar thinks. They are all fucking daft.

IMO the BBC has some sort of contractual obligation to report on what institutions such as the CofE and the Royal Family are doing. They must have, otherwise they would never bother and all we would hear about would be the Grand Mufti of Bradford or the Chief Imam of London.

19 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I have, and it's bostin...!

I haven't watched the BBCs "Killing Eve", but I'm told it is brilliant by plenty of people whose opinions I respect.

I did watch "A Very English Scandal" about your mate Jeremy Thorpe - and that was excellent.

As was "The Trial of Christine Keeler", which I also watched.

Do you surrender yet daft cunt...?

XYY

Boys from the blacksuff and GBH?

19 hours ago, Van Lady said:

They haven’t mentioned his past in the drama, so far anyway, but yes he was in the army, then the police force for a year or so and finally worked in a job centre.

Saw a post under an article today from someone who worked in the same place as him and in hindsight they wondered what the meat was in his homemade curry he brought in for lunch :o. It’s unclear if he ate any parts of those he killed or fed some to his beloved dog. 

I find what he done shocking because he was working in the public sector and nothing was suspected during his killing spree.

An acquaintance worked at the same job centre as Des in London (although I can't remember which one). At lunchtime, they'd all go to the pub, and he'd drink a couple of pints and start banging on about the bosses, and how he was going to give them what for when he got back to work. Never did though.

I read Killing for Company near on 30 years ago. Bleak from start to finish.  I wouldn't choose to read it now.

9 hours ago, dgul said:

Actually, it's Big Liz who's the boss. Justin is appointed by her majesty to be first among equals of the English bishops. If Justin says, "Fuck this for a game of soldiers," and pisses off; it will be Boris Johnson who gets to advise the monarch as to who the next one will be. Don't panic. He gets a shortlist of two, so it will be a toss of a coin to settle that difficult decision then.

If any of you are in any doubt as to what the archbishop's message really means, let me translate it for you. Churches need bums on seats, because those bums usually have a wallet in the back pocket. If the government continues to put obstacles in the way of people who actually want to go to church and freely give their money to the CofE, then Uncle Rishi will have to fire up the printing press to pay the priests the cash the government are preventing them from collecting from their flocks.

Obviously JW's far too nice to say that out loud - because threatening the government with the prospect of an army of whinging preachers wreaking havoc on the Beeb isn't a good look. 

It will be interesting to see the official response...

Just caught a fragment of the BBC News on the Box, big piece on the EU and young fit African males in boats.

Sombre tone of reporting, highly politicised, thought I will just check their main news pages on BBC.co.uk - NOTHING.

Their news website is where everything is written down and is probably why they are more careful over there with their propaganda.

Hard to quote something you have seen and gone on the TV version without physically recording it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-54261829

A deputy head teacher has been killed by cows while out walking.

Dave Clark was in a field off Hurgill Road in Richmond, North Yorkshire, when it happened on Monday evening.
In a tribute, head teacher Jenna Potter said Mr Clark was the "heart and soul" of Richmond School. "Our thoughts are with Dave's wife, his children and wider family at this difficult time."
North Yorkshire Police said officers were working to establish the circumstances of his death.
The head teacher said: "He was an enormous character, a brilliant school leader and simply a lovely man who enriched the life of everyone he came into contact with, just by being himself and doing what he did every day."
She said Mr Clark had joined the secondary school in 1997 and was promoted to deputy head in 2003. She said he was highly regarded by colleagues and students and expected very high standards from every pupil.
"All of this Dave did with a smile and a level of kindness and care that is seldom seen," she added.
A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Police said the force had been called to a report of a man in his 50s being injured by cows in a field north of Richmond.
"He was treated by paramedics, but sadly he was pronounced dead at the scene."
The Health and Safety Executive has been informed, the force added.

Walking his FUCKING DOG.

Thats really important detail theyve missed out FFS.