DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Why are the So-Called BBC such arseholes?

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

HAs Jo Whiley got a disabled sister?

I never knew that ......

'.. today we have Jo Whiley ..... yes, my sister is disabled ... bastard Tories mean Im vaccinated before my sister .... Im her carer ...'

Err, you are getting the jab before your sister as you are fucking carer you stupid cow.

If anything happens to your sisters bubble then shes fucked.

Things take time. You dont click your fingers and poof! everyone gets jabbed.

Her sister will be jabbed soon.

Shes been on every fucking program.

et she didnt take her sister to Glasto.....

Is she really her carer if her sister is in a care home?

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This week is the anniversary of my moving house and not buying a TV licence. I assembled the £154 in cash on the table and pictured myself handing it to Gary Lineker whilst he was holding a "Refu

Caption competiton: "where's the white guy?  Nothing works and we've run out of free shit"

Posted Images

2 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Fairly slim pickings on the Friday night R4 supermarket run this week, but a couple of chuckles still to be had:

6pm news (on the outward leg)

1) The startling revelation that offline retail sales have gone down since all the shops were closed.  Delivered with no irony at all.

2) In the piece about the 1st World deciding how they are going to vaccinate the 3rd world, the BBC reporter said it was great that the leaders of the G7 countries were all coming together so that poorer nations would also get access to "these fantastic vaccines"     Not sure I'd classify that as "impartial" reporting of the situation.

Front Row arts programme (on the return journey) - Only heard the running order, here it is from the R4 website

Leicester Curve’s recent award-winning revival of the musical The Color Purple, based on Alice Walker’s novel, has been reimagined, filmed and is being streamed for audiences. Dreda Say Mitchell and David Benedict review.

David Rodigan joins us to celebrate the life of the great Jamaican musician U-Roy, who died recently. He was a master of the toasting mic style – the precursor of rapping, MC-ing and freestyling.

Niven Govinden studied film before becoming an award-winning writer. In his sixth novel Diary of a Film his cinematic knowledge is filtered through the lens of creative anxiety, queer desire, and European city walking. 

Who wouldn't pay £157.50, for all that?

1 hour ago, eight said:

The so-called has the big motorsports exclusive of the day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/56141363

LGBT+ History Month: Mike Beuttler - Formula 1's only known gay male driver

I've mixed feelings about this; whilst my immediate reaction to that story was "who" the Plymouth Herald has been running a series of local stories for this month and whilst, for example, I knew that being gay was barred in the armed forces I hadn't appreciated that people were actually imprisoned for it as well as being stripped of their medals and being dishonourably discharged.

There are a lot of gay people alive now who suffered IMO serious injustice up to the 80s and 90s,  Whilst I have zero truck with politicians making apologies for some historic event these are living people whose lives and careers were materially blighted.  For example receiving a reduced armed forces pension and having lost the medals that they won.  These wrongs can be righted.

Reparations for events from hundreds of years ago are a nonsense - fuck right off BLM - but where people are still alive I think that recompense should be made.

1 hour ago, eight said:

The so-called has the big motorsports exclusive of the day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/56141363

LGBT+ History Month: Mike Beuttler - Formula 1's only known gay male driver

Never heard of him.

All they are doing are speculating that he was gay.

Unless became out and made a statement then whether he was or not is purely speculation.

But then the UK was plunged into financial turmoil by the 1973 oil crisis, and his team did not have the money to stay in the sport.

Aged 34, Beuttler retired from racing.

Ann Bradshaw, a motorsport PR consultant who first met Beuttler in the early 1970s, said: "There was no stigma with Mike, he was a nice gentle person - everyone knew he was gay, it wasn't a secret and it was accepted."

No they didnt.

After Beuttler left motorsport he moved to the USA, spending time in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

"I suspect it would have been easier for him to live the lifestyle he wanted in LA and San Francisco, whereas being gay in London was a more secretive thing," said Phillips.

"He probably wanted to find his own generation where he could be open and free."

Beuttler's life in the USA remains a mystery, though there are reports he went into the business world.

"He just disappeared completely," said Phillips. "I don't know anyone who had any contact with him, apart from family."

What is known is that Beuttler died of Aids on 29 December 1988.

Someone some people thought was gay, went to the US where they did not know what he did, then died of Aids.

Lets put a statue on the spare Traf Sq plinth FFS.

6 hours ago, spygirl said:

Never heard of him.

All they are doing are speculating that he was gay.

Unless became out and made a statement then whether he was or not is purely speculation.

But then the UK was plunged into financial turmoil by the 1973 oil crisis, and his team did not have the money to stay in the sport.

Aged 34, Beuttler retired from racing.

Ann Bradshaw, a motorsport PR consultant who first met Beuttler in the early 1970s, said: "There was no stigma with Mike, he was a nice gentle person - everyone knew he was gay, it wasn't a secret and it was accepted."

No they didnt.

After Beuttler left motorsport he moved to the USA, spending time in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

"I suspect it would have been easier for him to live the lifestyle he wanted in LA and San Francisco, whereas being gay in London was a more secretive thing," said Phillips.

"He probably wanted to find his own generation where he could be open and free."

Beuttler's life in the USA remains a mystery, though there are reports he went into the business world.

"He just disappeared completely," said Phillips. "I don't know anyone who had any contact with him, apart from family."

What is known is that Beuttler died of Aids on 29 December 1988.

Someone some people thought was gay, went to the US where they did not know what he did, then died of Aids.

Lets put a statue on the spare Traf Sq plinth FFS.

I hate this labelling. It's done by people with no concept of the subtleties of sexuality nor of cultural/historic mores. Eg I've even heard Christopher Marlowe described as a 'gay playwright' when the notion of such an 'identity' didn't even exist.

It's like calling an ancient Briton an Englishman.

Eg back when I was a luvvie I once worked with a fairly well known acTOR who is now in his nineties. Everyone knew he was 'gay', his 'young companion' used to come to rehearsals, but he never mentioned anything and even in interviews he glosses over it and thankfully nobody is rude enough to pry.

Edited by Austin Allegro
1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Not sure what it has to do with anything but for what it's worth I think the songs are shit and it's only so highly praised because it's about racial stuff which is topical.  

Somebody called Hamilton got sent off, for Hamilton, at the weekend.

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Gosh.

Anne Bradshaw, wonder what ever happened to her ?  :) 

Clearly she was the secret power behind Williams.

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I wish I could read and watch and post the BBC 24/7 like you fuckers who claim to hate it do.

Thank you all for making me so aware of all this trivial fucking shite that I was previously blissfully ignorant of...

XYY

I don't hate the BBC. It's the same news as any other news site, but less cluttered with adverts.

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't hate the BBC. It's the same news as any other news site, but less cluttered with adverts.

At three-hundred pages long, I regard this thread as both a shrine and a lasting tribute to the BBC.

The regular posters on here clearly can't get enough of the fuckers, even though they pretend not to have tellies.

There are some pretty obnoxious neighbours over the road from me, so I don't invite them into my living room...

XYY

3 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Not sure what it has to do with anything but for what it's worth I think the songs are shit and it's only so highly praised because it's about racial stuff which is topical.  

hamilton is a bunch of propaganda wank.  it is shit as entertainment compared to thousands of stages shows unless you get a buzz from promoting anti-whiteness.

On 21/02/2021 at 09:51, Great Guy said:

Jo Whiley the broadcaster is on the Marr show. Her sister has special needs and is in hospital with covid.

Jo is saying that special need disabled "are so precious and should get the vacine".

FFS, why should we listen to Jo on this? Unless she has a degree in public health or vaccines her opinion is basically as good as any random person on the street. By prioritizing special needs it just means another group of people go down the queue.

Once again the BBC gives a voice to a media person on a subject they dont really know anything about. 

If you watch any 'celebrity special' quiz show it becomes clear that they are, for the most part, thick. Yet you have this toxic mix of stupidity, confidence and a voice that is a dangerous combination when they get to speak about issues. 

27 minutes ago, hapax legomenon said:

If you watch any 'celebrity special' quiz show it becomes clear that they are, for the most part, thick. Yet you have this toxic mix of stupidity, confidence and a voice that is a dangerous combination when they get to speak about issues. 

Decent stand up comics are the big exception from the shows I have seen: quick, intelligent and with good memories.

Politicians, actors, sports people and reality stars I agree perform far worse in tests of knowledge or mental reasoning than I would expect from an average member of the public.

Though I'm sure that Jacob Rees Mogg and probably Boris would do very well if they ever agreed to go on one.

15 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

I put on the World Service the other day, and within minutes they were going on about footballers no longer taking the knee for BLM.

7.30am sports report on R4 spent ~3 minutes going on about disabled sports being affected by covid and all that.

AFAIK the only people who watch disabled sports are their parents.

At least women sports get the odd pervert.