DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

1 minute ago, JackieO said:

Anyone else like this...

After waking early all summer, in the last couple of weeks I'm finding it very hard to get out of bed in the morning and just feel tired generally.

I know we get more sluggish in winter but early September seems a little early for this...

Have you had Covid?  

4 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

How do you know? It is a mystery illness with secret tests. Only the government knows if you've had it or not. 

Not had a cough, cold, runny nose, temperature or owt like that for years due to my virus killing secret regimen. ;)

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Might as well. You have paid in and if you can’t beat them join them. 

Too honest....fucking Aspergers! I could claim bennies already but can't bring myself to do it :$

7 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Not had a cough, cold, runny nose, temperature or owt like that for years due to my virus killing secret regimen. ;)

Too honest....fucking Aspergers! I could claim bennies already but can't bring myself to do it :$

Ffs why not?  Pretend to yourself that you are an entitled bennie seeker or gimmigrant.  o.O

mind, i do know where you are coming from. I’ve never claimed either. Too honest.  

8 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Low Vit D causes tiredness?

Too tired to look it up.

yes, Dr prescribed Vit D to me a few years ago when I was complaining of fatigue, blood tests showed that my vit D levels were borderline deficient.

It takes weeks/months to raise your Vit D via supplements, so don't expect a magic overnight cure.

If you can, try to enjoy some September sun.

Edited by snaga
26 minutes ago, snaga said:

If you can, try to enjoy some September sun.

Thanks for the info... :)

Funny enough we usually head off to sunny climes in early April/late October as an immunity/well being booster but sadly unable to this year.

Will try to get the last of this years sun in the coming week or so.

Edited by JackieO
2 hours ago, JackieO said:

Anyone else like this...

After waking early all summer, in the last couple of weeks I'm finding it very hard to get out of bed in the morning and just feel tired generally.

I know we get more sluggish in winter but early September seems a little early for this...

Yep. That seasonal crapness of the sun going away for a few months has hit early this year. With you there.

The circumstances have clearly added to to the baseline.

41 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I’m thinking of getting a SAD lamp.

An episode of 'Northern Exposure' had SAD as a theme.

On the show, they handed out baseball cap type headwear with 2 dim lights shining into the wearers eyes. A plot line was that one guy wore it too often and was getting high on the extra light.

I wanted to try that but a lot of searching got no results. Looks like it was writers licence. Someone please correct me if it does exist.

5 hours ago, JackieO said:

Anyone else like this...

Yes. But i am sticking it away, and staying up watching Curb in 5 episode chunks.

4 hours ago, Van Lady said:

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t feel that their life has changed drastically since March this year.

I’m more tired. Pre the virus most mornings I was at my local Aldi at 8am opening time for meat reductions for the freezer. Haven’t bothered since March due to changes.

Trying to get in the habit again of being out by 8am for a first walk but I’m struggling. Lost count of the mornings I've returned to bed and dozed off despite never doing that for many years.

Lack of variety and spontaneous outings doesn’t help. I don’t feel inclined to go into town or further afield due to the dystopian nature of everyday life these days. I’m lucky I can get in the countryside in minutes by foot and that helps a lot.

Mental health effects due to the depressing current worldwide circumstances in my opinion will affect more people than this virus will. 

This. 

I'm going back into the office on Monday, not going to be many people there but right now I have no rhythm or routine. Anything has to be better than the misery of walking from my bedroom to my spare room to work every day.